Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2007, 07:32 PM

7,381 posts, read 7,699,870 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyhelena View Post
wow. I still haven't read anything about Bush here. I know I cant think of anything. Where are his staunch supporters?.

sunny
You need to read a bit further back in the thread.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2007, 08:00 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,615,828 times
Hell, I'd rather vote for Newt than vote for an opportunist weasel.

Aside from that, I refuse to vote for any politician who has served Texas constituents, period, end of story. I don't hate Texans, I hate their voting record. My philosophy is if THEY like him, he can't be good

1.)Regarding opportunist weasels- How do we differentiate?
2.) I completely agree with you about Texas!

sunny

Old 04-03-2007, 08:01 PM

Lightbulb well-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaznjohn View Post
You need to read a bit further back in the thread.
why do you support him. Give me one example, please.

Old 04-03-2007, 08:08 PM

7,381 posts, read 7,699,870 times
Quote:
why do you support him. Give me one example, please.
I support his tax cuts which have spurred a sputtering economy left over from the Clinton Administration and exasperated by 9/11.
I support his efforts to remove a dangerous dictator from power, who had violated his surrender agreement 14 times.
I support his respect for the office of the President and the Oval Office.
I support his efforts in the War on Islamic-Fascism.

Old 04-03-2007, 08:56 PM

I support his respect for the office of the President and the Oval Office

so, you are saying you respect that he has respect for his own job? I would hope that would be a given, with all the power he has. It certainly isn't an accomplishment.

Old 04-03-2007, 09:04 PM

1,300 posts, read 2,615,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaznjohn View Post

I support his tax cuts which have spurred a sputtering economy left over from the Clinton Administration and exasperated by 9/11. Hmmm, I don't buy this one. The tax cuts were nominal for the average American. The other thing is, our economy had sort of a "double-whammy" from the Dot-Com bust in 1999 and of course 911 in 2001. By 2003, the year you touted as having a "sizzling economy", there was so much headroom that CARTER would have seen a growing economy

I support his efforts to remove a dangerous dictator from power, who had violated his surrender agreement 14 times. The agreement was a sham. The equivalent of Marlon Brando making an "offer he couldn't refuse". These treaties and agreements mean little to me simply because smaller nations really have no choice but to agree. It's like the small kid placating the bully so he can make it home without losing his lunch money.

I support his respect for the office of the President and the Oval Office. If you mean he hasn't had any affairs where he was actually caught, I'll give you that. Nobody besides maybe Ann Coulter would give him the chance anyway, lol. However, abstaining from sexual relations in the oval office does not constitute respect. His abuse of power has FAR outweighed anything Ole Slick Willy did with his pants around his ankles anyway.

I support his efforts in the War on Islamic-Fascism. That would be a plus if he wasn't using Christian-Fascism to do it.

Old 04-03-2007, 09:10 PM

I support his efforts in the War on Islamic-Fascism. That would be a plus if he wasn't using Christian-Fascism to do it.

very well-said.

Old 04-04-2007, 07:57 AM

14,994 posts, read 23,922,004 times
Quote:
wow. I still haven't read anything about Bush here. I know I cant think of anything. Where are his staunch supporters?.

sunny
I am confused at your reponse. There have been several responses here, from myself included although I tried to be objective and included some accomplishments that I did not agree with. My conclusion is he had many many accomplishments, some obviously contreversial.

I think the general consensus from his "staunch supporters" (of which i certainly am not, nor am I one of the "foaming at the mouth Bush Haters") is that this is meant to bait people into responding so it can be then flamed rather than debated.

Old 04-04-2007, 08:13 AM

1,300 posts, read 2,615,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd7I4 View Post
I am confused at your reponse. There have been several responses here, from myself included although I tried to be objective and included some accomplishments that I did not agree with. My conclusion is he had many many accomplishments, some obviously contreversial.

I think the general consensus from his "staunch supporters" (of which i certainly am not, nor am I one of the "foaming at the mouth Bush Haters") is that this is meant to bait people into responding so it can be then flamed rather than debated.
You will see debate, where it is warranted. Some of Bush's actions are so reprehensible, that there is nothing to debate really.

Of course, the response you receive will be in proportion to the claims made.

If people start touting things like "brought dignity back to the white house", well, lol, how could one NOT expect a flame or luke warm response?

The key is to leave out the subjective opinions and state fact.

...and the FACT is, that man has accomplished very little over the six years he's been in office. I think his supporters are well aware of this, but still support him anyway based on his extremely religious, as well as bigoted views. They just know better than to campaign for the guy.

~T

Old 04-04-2007, 09:07 AM

1,233 posts, read 3,436,749 times
Clinton passed all kind of excutive orders while we were busy with his social concerns and lovelife...did anyone notice this? NO...too busy worrying bout Monica and now because of those actions, GWB can have a field day.

Here we go again, lets bash each other instead of getting to the real problem once again, your lib, your conservative! Oh shepople, wake up!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies