Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-22-2009, 01:46 PM

38,643 posts, read 26,371,773 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingForward View Post
Bush, Cheney, et. al. need to be brought to justice once and for all for their war crimes. This is sickening. It reduces the U.S. to the same level as other fascist societies, in which no Rule of Law applies, and in which the government can perpetrate whatever horrors they wish on another human being. Not to mention their other brilliant successes: a country flooded with illegal immigrants, outsourced American Jobs, failing banks and businesses, the suspension of environmental protection laws, and a crashing economy. Obama needs to appoint a Special Prosecutor. And do it soon.

Please click on link to see released memo:

Emptywheel » Khalid Sheikh Mohammed Was Waterboarded 183 Times in One Month

Jonathan Turley's blog:

New Torture Memos Reveal Details of America’s Torture Program « JONATHAN TURLEY

Same drive-by as always. I understand they signed off on the waterboarding that prevented futher attacks and that you have a tender spot in your heart for anyone who, above all else, hates America. But the rest is the same garbage. Democrats did the rest, NAFTA, CRA, Securities Modernization Act, Etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2009, 01:51 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,450,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
Shame on you for exploiting the dead as a means to torture.

I lost loved ones in the attack and they would never want things like this done in their names.

Absolutely disgusting.
I lost LOVED ONES in the terrorist attacks and I will damn sure say anything I want!

Old 04-22-2009, 01:56 PM

10,655 posts, read 18,660,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
I lost LOVED ONES in the terrorist attacks and I will damn sure say anything I want!
And so will I, it's exploitative and disgusting, just like showing the attacks at the RNC.

Old 04-22-2009, 01:59 PM

668 posts, read 2,186,769 times
In my opinion, they can waterboard ALL the Terrorists, if that will save just one life! They are hell-bent on killing us, and I for one, would not like to be the recipient of thier bombs or what ever they use to kill us.

May the LORD Bless each of you.

I wish you well...

Jesse

Old 04-22-2009, 02:01 PM

10,655 posts, read 18,660,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodworkingmenace View Post
In my opinion, they can waterboard ALL the Terrorists, if that will save just one life! They are hell-bent on killing us, and I for one, would not like to be the recipient of thier bombs or what ever they use to kill us.

May the LORD Bless each of you.

I wish you well...

Jesse
The LORD sure wouldn't approve of that now, would he?

Old 04-22-2009, 02:08 PM

2,600 posts, read 2,324,270 times
Default CIA Waterboarded Zubaydah 183 Times in One Month

Hell, with all that waterboarding going on, throw in a charge of sleep deprivation too.

Old 04-22-2009, 02:08 PM

4,906 posts, read 6,846,314 times
Quote:
Maybe if they waterboarded him 184 times in one month he would have given away the location where Bin Laden is hiding.

It's really too bad they didn't go for 200.
Someone's still following the Bush way, if it fails keep trying it maybe it will work this time.

Old 04-22-2009, 02:09 PM

2,605 posts, read 4,842,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
Shame on you for exploiting the dead as a means to torture.

I lost loved ones in the attack and they would never want things like this done in their names.

Absolutely disgusting.
Boy do you have it wrong. We are exploiting the living as a reason to torture, i.e., we will torture to keep people alive.

If I had had a loved one die on 9/11, I would be the first in line with a bamboo shoot, ready to ram it under a terrorist's fingernails to get info.

Old 04-22-2009, 02:12 PM

Quote:
It's a human issue with regard to the torture that the people who died on 9/11 experienced too.

Where was the international community on that one?

Flying in a jet taken over by hijackers to be rammed into the side of a building?

Being inside a building losing oxygen supply only to have 80 floors come crashing down on top of you.

If the moral compass is pointed at the USA for "waterboarding", then the same moral compass should be pointed at Sharia Islamic Law that enslaves women, tortures women and children, condones slavery, JUSTIFIES TERRORISM, and every other 4th century construct that Sharia Law supports.

I couldn't care less if they waterboarded him on the Moon.

Waterboarding GOT THE JOB DONE!

I'm darn sure Nick Berg couldn't care less about the waterboarding - at least NOBODY LOST THEIR HEADS!
Get off your high horse...you are as EVIL as the terrorist.,, and you neocons have no right to hijack 9/11..you lowered our nation to their level.

Old 04-22-2009, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomDot View Post
Boy do you have it wrong. We are exploiting the living as a reason to torture, i.e., we will torture to keep people alive.

If I had had a loved one die on 9/11, I would be the first in line with a bamboo shoot, ready to ram it under a terrorist's fingernails to get info.
Really so you're ok with torture??remember you can't have it both ways..that means you're ok with our soldiers tortured.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies