Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-22-2009, 04:48 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,771,243 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingForward View Post
Actually, it was KSM--not Zubaydah--that was waterboarded that many times. My mistake.
He'll get no sympathy from me. They should have done it once for every person he murdered.

September 11 News.com - Khalid Shaikh Mohammed - 9/11 Al-Qaeda Mastermind Captured in Pakistan.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2009, 12:02 AM

2,404 posts, read 3,951,818 times
Default the hypocrisy

Had a thought driving home tonight.

I bet, you who think waterboarding is torture, they who sympathize with terrorist leaders, and preach about morals & keeping a higher ground; I bet the majority of you do not give two thoughts about aborting fetuses.

Old 04-23-2009, 12:08 AM

4,906 posts, read 6,853,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mossomo View Post
Had a thought driving home tonight.

I bet, you who think waterboarding is torture, they who sympathize with terrorist leaders, and preach about morals & keeping a higher ground; I bet the majority of you do not give two thoughts about aborting fetuses.
Nice attempt at connecting apples to oranges....I suppose the prolifers don't see the hypocracy in prolife and prowar?

Old 04-23-2009, 01:01 AM

121 posts, read 225,966 times
They should have made it 134 and held his head under until the filthy subhuman died.

Old 04-23-2009, 01:26 AM

13,691 posts, read 18,469,853 times
Nightline had a story tonight about some prince in the UAE torturing a guy who he thought cheated him out of $5,000 worth of grain.

They do it to each other and think nothing of it, but when we do it all of a sudden we're the bad guy? It's totally acceptable behavior in their culture, and you tree huggers want to hold the USA to a "higher" standard? Higher standard of what? This is how they treat each other in their slice of the world - and we should do the same. When in Rome...

Old 04-23-2009, 02:41 AM

946 posts, read 2,606,278 times
But we're not in Rome. Or Syria. Or Saudi Arabia. Or Abu Graib or Guatanamo. (Wow, that's only miles from America). Loyal and law abiding Germans never thought Hitler's regime drag them down either. When in Germany...

Old 04-23-2009, 06:21 AM

24,438 posts, read 23,110,611 times
If school kids give another kid a swirley in the restroom please report this act of torture to the White House immediately. Also loud music, heavy metal or rap in particular, is considered torture. Get the persons license number and report them to the President.
Obama is pretty sneaky though, I have to admit. This issue is like dangling something shiny in front of a baby. It gets their full attention while you get them to forget what you're really doing.

Old 04-23-2009, 06:34 AM

3,857 posts, read 4,219,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
He'll get no sympathy from me. They should have done it once for every person he murdered.

September 11 News.com - Khalid Shaikh Mohammed - 9/11 Al-Qaeda Mastermind Captured in Pakistan.
Shorebaby, I don't think any of us suffer from the delusion that you feel sympathy or empthy for anyone (based on your posts).

Btw, you seem to have missed the point. No one is asking for "sympathy" for terrorists. This is a discussion about the U.S. torturing people, which, by the way, until Dubya and Cheney was against the "law" in this country. Being a little less self-absorbed may help you follow the flow of a thread.

Old 04-23-2009, 06:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamexican View Post
Nice attempt at connecting apples to oranges....I suppose the prolifers don't see the hypocracy in prolife and prowar?
Your logic will elude "them."

Good point anyway.

Old 04-23-2009, 06:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
Nightline had a story tonight about some prince in the UAE torturing a guy who he thought cheated him out of $5,000 worth of grain.

They do it to each other and think nothing of it, but when we do it all of a sudden we're the bad guy? It's totally acceptable behavior in their culture, and you tree huggers want to hold the USA to a "higher" standard? Higher standard of what? This is how they treat each other in their slice of the world - and we should do the same. When in Rome...
Clearly you are clueless regarding the laws of the U.S.

Maybe you should move to the Middle East.....you seem to share "those" values.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies