Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2009, 05:54 PM

654 posts, read 467,255 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
Yes, I forgot all Muslims are terrorists and belong to Al-Qaeda....silly me.

Somalia: A Weak Link Between al Qaeda and Somali Pirates

"Much of the media’s attention has focused on links between al Qaeda and Somali pirates operating in the Gulf of Aden. Though there are several interested actors — including al Qaeda — that would want to play up this connection, the al Qaeda-pirate link is weak at best. Any future attempts by al Qaeda to increase cooperation with Somali pirates are likely to be stifled by Somalia’s clan-based society and its commercial interests."

Free Article for Non-Members | STRATFOR
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2009, 07:24 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,938,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Like Taxes View Post
I have that the "pirates" are responding to overfishing and dumping of nuclear waste in their waters. I would certainly be pissed if people were jeopardizing my livelihood.

If this is indeed true, it still doesn't justify taking people hostage and the continued use of using deadly force.
Especially of people who had nothing to do with the above. The American ship was a merchant marine vessel, attempting to deliver relief supplies, from what I have read.

Old 04-20-2009, 07:37 PM

2,745 posts, read 3,964,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kapalua View Post
As usual, the news media the gov, has FOOLED you again, with more of their lies and you ate it up like a stupid fish that got the bait. These fishermen are just that fishemen. But to make things LOOK HORRIBLE, they the US GOV came up with PIRATES and their LYING STORIES. And you know.... EUROPEAN WORKERS that fish for seafoods have EXHAUSTED their fishing grounds in their OCEANS. So they have come to the SOMALIA seas, TO LOOT those fishermen from SOMALIA of their sea food supplies. THAT IS WHAT IT IS ALL ABOUT.============================================ == More than $30 MILLION DOLLARS worth of sea foods is being STOLEN from the FISHERMEN of SOMALIA ( the so called PIRATES are the EUROPEAN FISHERMEN. their are stealing someone elses seafood supplies. Every year... but they cn go and lie about the MEN the fishermen of SOMALIA who are ONLY TRYING TO KEEP THE PIRATES of EUROPE and other countres from stealing from them, with their little MOTOR BOATS. THIS IS AN OUTRAGE!!! These fishermen of SONALIA ARE STARVING!!======================================== ==I read that 12 NATIONS from USA to CHINA are going to SONALIA and declaring a NEW WAR? A WAR FOR WHAT? TO STEAL THEIR SEA FOOD SUPPLIES. MORE NEWS in a MINUTE.
The story you have been told by your informants is a TREACHEROUS LIE!!! American Naval personnel are not sanctioning the stealing of SOMALI fisherman's catch!!! This story has been leaked by ILLUMINATTI underlings to confuse those susceptable!! You have eaten it up like a starving WATER BUFFALO!! =======================================The American Navy crews have actually acquired a taste for HUMAN FLESH!! and have been EATING those Somali fisherman!!! Some have actually been forced to cut off their OWN LIMBS!! to satiate the carnivorous cannabilistic appetite of the Americans. There have even been reports of NECROPHELIA!!! DO NOT LET THE REPORTS OF THE MAINSTREAM LEFT WING FRINGE MEDIA FOOL YOU!!!

Last edited by Georgiafrog; 04-20-2009 at 07:41 PM.. Reason: forgot all the equals signs....srry

Old 04-20-2009, 07:44 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,249,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgiafrog View Post
The story you have been told by your informants is a TREACHEROUS LIE!!! American Naval personnel are not sanctioning the stealing of SOMALI fisherman's catch!!! This story has been leaked by ILLUMINATTI underlings to confuse those susceptable!! You have eaten it up like a starving WATER BUFFALO!! =======================================The American Navy crews have actually acquired a taste for HUMAN FLESH!! and have been EATING those Somali fisherman!!! Some have actually been forced to cut off their OWN LIMBS!! to satiate the carnivorous cannabilistic appetite of the Americans. There have even been reports of NECROPHELIA!!! DO NOT LET THE REPORTS OF THE MAINSTREAM LEFT WING FRINGE MEDIA FOOL YOU!!!
It is true. Every word of it. I myself was forced to watch as a US Sailor with 4 inch fangs sucked the blood of a poor fisherman. Oh wait I was the sailor and my fangs are only 3 inches. But I did eat many somali fisher peoples.

Old 04-20-2009, 07:45 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,802,941 times
Reuters AlertNet - Somali rebels fire mortars near U.S. politician
Quote:
MOGADISHU, April 13 (Reuters) - Militant Islamist insurgents fired mortars toward U.S. congressman Donald Payne as he left Somalia on Monday after a rare visit by a U.S. politician to the anarchic Horn of Africa nation.
The attack came a day after U.S. forces killed three pirates in an assault off Somalia that freed an American hostage.
The al Shabaab insurgents, whom Washington accuses of being al Qaeda's proxy in Somalia, claimed responsibility for the mortar attack, saying it was a message to the United States.
Unstable climates are where terrorists recruit. Al Qaeda might be fishing, but that's not the root cause of problems in somalia. We cannot fight every civil war for the planet, unless it's UN sponsored, and unless that UN force has a solid mission statement that's achievable. Bosnia/Serb conflict was managed considering the potential greater genocide had no intervention occurred. Somalia, not so much.
Our troop presence in somalia ...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Mogadishu_(1993)

Katianna it's important to realize that relief aid food has been used as alternative currency to trade for guns. Who is arming pirates? Sudan, for instance, was being armed by china in a trade for oil during oil crisis. Guns can be used by good guys or bad guys equally- it's anyones guess if china was discerning.

Old 04-20-2009, 07:45 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,619,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgiafrog View Post
Well done! +1

Old 04-20-2009, 07:48 PM

654 posts, read 467,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Especially of people who had nothing to do with the above. The American ship was a merchant marine vessel, attempting to deliver relief supplies, from what I have read.
I never said two wrong make a right.

One solution would be for countries to recognize the potential causes of piracy--the dumping of nuclear waste which has resulted in respiratory infections, mouth ulcers and bleeding, abdominal hemorrhages and unusual skin infections--all signs of radiation sickness. Then there are illegal trawlers who are depleting the Somalian coastlines of tuna, shrimp, and lobsters in worth as much as $300 million a year. In order to get their compensation, they hijack ships for ransoms.

Perhaps there is some truth to these claims and perhaps some pirates are just thugs looking of a quick buck. But of course, we can always just chalk them up as Muslim terrorists who hate us for our freedoms.

Old 04-20-2009, 07:58 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,938,475 times
I was agreeing with you.

Old 04-20-2009, 08:04 PM

18,142 posts, read 25,340,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
have you considered becoming a PR rep for detroit or new orleans?
Should we go ahead and call you racist
or you want to explain why you picked those 2 cities.

Old 04-20-2009, 08:12 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,802,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
It is true. Every word of it. I myself was forced to watch as a US Sailor with 4 inch fangs sucked the blood of a poor fisherman. Oh wait I was the sailor and my fangs are only 3 inches. But I did eat many somali fisher peoples.
Fang envy will be duly noted in the report submitted to the dept of homeland terrorism.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies