Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-02-2009, 11:51 PM

4,426 posts, read 5,919,023 times

Advertisements

it goes back to what I was saying earlier... science is proving more and more the validity in differences in people.. be it race, gender, sexuality.. and these findings while not conclusive make religious dogmatic people freak out... because it challenges the entire basis of their belief system.. And in turn they embark on a wonderful tour of the egyptian countryside... floating down denial.. this long lasting trip for many involves conjuring up some of the most ridiculous claims.. and even rewriting history to suit their position... it really is insane...

Old 05-02-2009, 11:57 PM

17,842 posts, read 14,384,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingchef View Post
the brains of both alcoholics and liars have also been studied, both pre and postmortem. chemical imbalances of dopamine and serotonin have led many researchers to conclude that these imbalances may lead to alcoholism and lying. in addition, the psychopathology of antisocial personality has shown some correlation between both a lack or excess of these same chemicals. the manifestation of antisocial personality, nonetheless, remains an aberrant occurence in the scheme of behavioral study. even with chemical imbalances, pharmacology can arrest or control some of one's impulses. one may even be able to refrain from acting out serial murder, aberrant sexual misconduct, and/or pathological lying. if not the case, the mere fact that an arcane group of individuals rebrands the behavior of a relative few as normal and acceptable behavior does not, in fact, make it true. the same is true with god. being a homosexual is not, in and of itself, condemation; it is the practice of homosexuality that is unacceptable to god. the action of the man: not the man. from the beginning of time, homosexuality has been an unnatural occurence and an unnatural behavior. man may seek the acceptance of the abberant, however, god does not...nor will he ever.
Good grief. What on earth has alchoholism and lying and chemical imbalances of dopamine and serotonin have to do with homosexuality? Nothing. Absolutely nothing at all.

You're really scraping the bottom of the barrel.

Old 05-03-2009, 01:34 AM

26,680 posts, read 28,670,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
Ack. The problem with putting someone on ignore is that you can still see their posts when someone quotes them.
Sorry you had to see that, Jaymax! I used to have him on "ignore" too, but then I figured I found his posts somewhat entertaining because he's obsessed with homosexuality, and I wanted to have a chance to respond to him.

I don't take him very seriously, and I hope you don't either.

Old 05-03-2009, 02:07 AM

1,201 posts, read 2,347,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
kingchef, I don't doubt that most Americans take God and religion seriously. For me (and I think for most others), however, there is a line between religion and science. The two don't mix. God and religious beliefs are based on faith. If you're trying to do scientific research, you can't include beliefs based on faith.

That's what I really was trying to say.
UN, and i can certainly agree with this post. i always think science must stand alone to have any validity. in another sense, i think that both science and religion can perfectly co-exist...necessarily, they are not diametrically in opposition. i would love to survive long enough to witness some of the resolutions of these unknown mysteries. sadly, it may not be. thank you for clarifying. have a good day.

Old 05-03-2009, 08:32 AM

1,156 posts, read 1,391,326 times
Quote:
That's preposterous.

You're saying that all of the major medical and psychological associations have been willing to allow millions of Americans to live with a mental illness due to the pressure of some homosexuals back in the 1970s?
I said research the topic, as in get the facts, not make presumptions about the issue.

Quote:
And how would you explain the studies that show brain differences between gay men and straight men, and the differences in cognitive abilities between the two groups?
Perhaps the same as I do the brain differences of pedophiles and criminals.

Old 05-03-2009, 08:43 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,944,793 times
Quote:
but then I figured I found his posts somewhat entertaining because he's obsessed with homosexuality
Pot, is that you?

Old 05-03-2009, 08:59 AM
pba

410 posts, read 917,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boiseguy View Post
Gay people have kids.. have families... and deserve the same rights and protections to their estates, children, etc.. The things marriage provides...
They already have this. Create a trust/will and you're all set. Gays shouldn't be able to adopt children but you can still put this in your trust as well. Gay marriage and gay adoption....wow, glad I'm in the majority so I can help vote this stuff down. It very well might change some day but I hope that day is many, many years away.

Old 05-03-2009, 09:08 AM

Quote:
kingchef, I don't doubt that most Americans take God and religion seriously. For me (and I think for most others), however, there is a line between religion and science. The two don't mix. God and religious beliefs are based on faith. If you're trying to do scientific research, you can't include beliefs based on faith.

That's what I really was trying to say.
Perhaps you should listen to scientists more

""I believe in the brotherhood of man and the uniqueness of the individual. But if you ask me to prove what I believe, I can't. You know them to be true but you could spend a whole lifetime without being able to prove them. The mind can proceed only so far upon what it knows and can prove. There comes a point where the mind takes a higher plane of knowledge, but can never prove how it got there. All great discoveries have involved such a leap." - Einstein

A couple other religious types who mixed faith and science. Corpernicus, Kepler, Gallileo, Descartes, Pascal, etc.

Old 05-03-2009, 09:10 AM
pba

410 posts, read 917,421 times
Quote:
I'm sorry.. but your rhetoric is tired and not based on anything factual.. it is indeed your opinion.. and that's lovely..
but that doesn't take away from the FACT that male anal orgasms do exist..
and they're quite lovely too... LOL..
get over yourself and quit pointing fingers at everyone that isn't subscribing to your laws.. just because laws of the land mirror christian values means that they are rooted in christianity...Such laws and social rules are rooted in every other belief system that exists.. it's based upon the golden rule...
It really doesn't do any good taking this debate any further...because the fact of the matter is.. the only people with a real problem with it is older generations.. so when it does become legal.. it will totally just be older crazies with their bigotry and hate standing on soap boxes looking like fools
but those are the kinds of things that make people martyrs in religion.. so I guess it will be a win/win for everyone soon enough

I still can't believe you busted out with Satan sh*t... I don't know where the hell you people are from.. but it really is insane...
Get over myself?
My rhetoric is tired and not based on anything factual?
A real problem only with older generations?
Crazies and bigots?

Well you're in luck because I only have several hundred million people across the world who feel the same way as me. In this county alone I have over half of the voters on my side, anyone who would ever run for President, all Supreme Court judges, etc. etc.

Here's what is factual. God. The Bible. The Scriptures. Heaven/Hell. Gay marriage is wrong. Homosexuality is a sin.

The fact that you won't find true happiness here on earth and your eternity is doomed. You can spout off now because you're so arrogant that the louder you argue the more right you think you are but when you're on your death bed and have that last few seconds before you die just remember that whatever happens next will be because of your actions here on earth. My only point to all of this is to point that out to everyone because the Bible tells me I should.

Sorry but I have to go to Church now....I'll be sure to pray for you but somehow I'm not sure it's ever going to make a difference.

Old 05-03-2009, 09:41 AM

Quote:
no.. because you can't change the constitution to make homosexuality illegal.. well you could.. but it would be challenged in the courts and weighed on individual freedoms and liberties.. and it wouldn't be allowed to be law for too long..
Apparently you have no idea how the Constitution works.

[/quote]point is.. if you're trying to change the constitution.. it has to be in a manner that doesn't contradict the foundation of the entire document.. the "examples" you site are of this nature.. therefore would not be accepted.. [/quote]
Again, your ignorance is abundant and apparent.

Quote:
I mean think about it.. technically.. we could impose laws in the constitution that treats baptists unfairly.. especially if we could get a majority vote to put it in place... but the absurdity of it contradicts the entire premis of the document..
Doesn't mean it couldn't be done. That's what amendments are for, changing the Constitution when the majority agrees and wishes to change it.

Quote:
surely you can understand this.. and answer your own question... This is why it is insulting that people think they can change the constitution to keep gays from marrying and think its completely ok and justified... like that JUST ANYTHING can be put into place with a vote... give me a break.. think about what you're saying and try again.
It's not about agenda.. it's about what is right.. you formulate what is right based on what you THINK god wants...
I formulate what is right based on tangible real evidence in our society...Gay people have kids.. have families... and deserve the same rights and protections to their estates, children, etc.. The things marriage provides...
Anything can go into the Constitution. Study it sometime.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies