Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2009, 08:37 AM

3,100 posts, read 3,302,796 times

Advertisements

Regardless of what the company did, I still would never under any circumstance wish death upon any of them, no matter how much people claim it in jest.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2009, 08:44 AM

30 posts, read 78,960 times
At least this guy is now doing something useful....

And let's give thanks that he did this to himself, and did not take anyone else with him like a lot of others have recently.

Old 04-22-2009, 09:01 AM

19,567 posts, read 21,873,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
At least he didn't take his family down with him. The famlial murder/suicides break my heart.
There seems to be more and more of this,although it could simply be the media.

It goes back to too many people tying their worth as a human into their success financially....in my opinion.

Old 04-22-2009, 09:18 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,019,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
? everyone naturally wonders about reasons for a suicide. Since he was the acting head of FRE everyone *will* automatically put that particular two and two together. Sorry if you dont like it.

Of course, who knows, maybe he was sick.
Or, his wife was having an affair with a Clinton.

Old 04-22-2009, 09:21 AM

10,757 posts, read 35,440,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
This is tragic. Finances or embarrassment is never a reason to kill your self.

I do not understand how anyone, no matter how egregious his financial sins, would be embarrassed enough to suicide. I would just take my personal stash and move someplace without an extradition treaty and run a bar.
I think its important to realize that an incredible depression has to overtake a person before someone in his position would take his own life. There is always a better way out then to take your own life.

Whoever he is, whatever he did, its sad that he was so lost in depression that he felt suicide was his only way out. Sad also that his wife didn't realize but that is often the way with the people who really intend to commit suicide. They don't want to be stopped.

Old 04-22-2009, 09:24 AM

12,669 posts, read 20,449,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
E. He was depressed in the same way Vince Foster was depressed.

Old 04-22-2009, 09:26 AM

8,323 posts, read 15,171,483 times
With all of this character bashing going on, I'm not surprised that honor-suicide hasn't been mentioned. When I read the headline, the first thoughts in my head were "fumeiyo yori shi" (translated: death before dishonor).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
The guy was obviously so distressed that he felt ending his life was more attractive than living. I feel for his family and wish them well. None of us know what was going through his mind to make him commit suicide. Have some decency and respect for this family.
Absolutely correct. It doesn't matter who or what is the reason for him to commit suicide. No matter who he was or what he did/involved with/whatever, the fact that he was in that state of mind is disheartening. In the end, there is a family left behind to grief and mourn over his passing.

Old 04-22-2009, 09:26 AM

3,425 posts, read 6,310,013 times
What a sad and selfish human being! This is what happens when people have no God or spirituality in their lives. Another fool who believed in all the corporate lies and could not see anything beyond money and his career. Human beings like him scare me!

Old 04-22-2009, 09:30 AM

986 posts, read 2,808,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
May he rest in peace and his family find peace also

Death is not a laughing matter. Just my opinion.
I agree...my brother commited suicide..the family will never be normal again.
They will need alot of support...Just my opinion as well.

Old 04-22-2009, 09:36 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,127,661 times
I think it's important to note that he was ACTING CFO, which would seem to indicate he is temporarily filling the position after a departure.

For those of you that seem to want to assign blame to him or rationalize that he deserved this fate, can you back it up with facts?

Or are you just cold-blooded, moral-less morons?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies