Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2009, 07:54 PM

Location: I currently exist only in a state of mind. one too complex for geographic location.
4,196 posts, read 5,848,016 times

Advertisements

I thought this would make for a good question. the new spokeswoman for the democrat party janeane garofalo has informed us that anyone who isn't a fan of our mixed race president is a racist. but I ask you, how do you define a racist. here is my definition.

anyone with an belief that they belong to a superior race.

what's your definition?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2009, 08:03 PM

1,490 posts, read 2,034,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefinalsay View Post
I thought this would make for a good question. the new spokeswoman for the democrat party janeane garofalo has informed us that anyone who isn't a fan of our mixed race president is a racist. but I ask you, how do you define a racist. here is my definition.

anyone with an belief that they belong to a superior race.

what's your definition?

Hmmmm. I'll bite.

My definition would be those that think there is an inherent(sp?) difference in races. Personally, I don't think there is and it is starting to p*ss me off greatly that the race baters keep shoveling their crap.

Old 04-21-2009, 08:05 PM

2,500 posts, read 2,932,710 times
A racist can be several different things, but some can cause more problems than others.

Examples:

Self-hating whites like Garofalo who think that anytime a white person questions the motives of a black person, the white person must be a racist.

Blacks who blame whites for their failures and play the slavery card. There isn't a black person on this forum who has been a slave. There isn't a white person here who has owned one. It's time to let go of things that happened so long ago that nobody has ever met a person directly affected by it. Blacks who sit around blaming whites because of slavery are only holding themselves back.

If I think of any others I will post them.

Old 04-21-2009, 08:05 PM

Location: I currently exist only in a state of mind. one too complex for geographic location.
4,196 posts, read 5,848,016 times
I have no problem with racial slurs. I refer to myself as one all the time. I find it ironic that someone like garofalo, with as much hatred as she has, can label an entire group of individuals. I think there are guidelines to labeling someone a racist.

Old 04-21-2009, 08:09 PM

52,692 posts, read 34,613,318 times
lately?
anything a liberal disagrees with.

Old 04-21-2009, 08:14 PM

654 posts, read 466,920 times
A racist = an anti-individualist.

Old 04-21-2009, 08:19 PM

302 posts, read 580,709 times
a racist is someone who did not vote for Obama simply because of he is African American and a racist is someone who voted for Obama simply because he is African American.

Old 04-21-2009, 08:24 PM

1,490 posts, read 2,034,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
lately?
anything a liberal disagrees with.
Huh?

Old 04-21-2009, 08:30 PM

438 posts, read 832,689 times
Racist: A term commonly used today to divide, diminish, or denigrate someone who has an opposing viewpoint.

Old 04-21-2009, 08:32 PM

3,709 posts, read 4,632,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by omle View Post
Hmmmm. I'll bite.

My definition would be those that think there is an inherent(sp?) difference in races. Personally, I don't think there is and it is starting to p*ss me off greatly that the race baters keep shoveling their crap.
I believe that anyone who totally buys into evolutionary theory is inescapably racist (since it explicitly teaches automatic genetic adjustments to geography). Therefore I can never buy evolutionary theory totally. I believe we are one race created by God.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies