Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: The attacks against Honorable Sarah Palin is becoming harassment
I agree. 43 39.09%
I disagree. 67 60.91%
Voters: 110. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2009, 07:58 PM

1,156 posts, read 1,391,065 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Now you're pickin' nits.....although there are degrees of feminism there are no such things as "classical feminist" and "new liberal feminists".
Sure there is but you go ahead and think there aren't.

Go read Tammy Bruce, she'll set you straight and then you can can hear it from a classical feminist's mouth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2009, 08:05 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,145,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omahabound View Post

Go read Tammy Bruce, she'll set you straight and then you can can hear it from a classical feminist's mouth.
Who's Tammy Bruce and why do you think she's the one and only authority on feminism?

Old 04-24-2009, 08:14 PM

1,474 posts, read 2,917,720 times
Quote:
How many of the candidates were actually good candidates and which ones were they?
The only woman that I can think of that might have been better than Palin is Olympia Snowe but I believe she is pro-choice so no one was going to allow that. I actually think if McCain had chosen Romney, even though his religion can be off putting to some, he would have done better. Of the republicans that ran in the primary the only one I would even consider is Ron Paul even though I disagree with him on many issues.

What many of us were looking at with McCain/Palin is WHAT IF she ended up being president since McCain has had questionable health and he is older? Our country would be an even bigger laughing stock and much less respected than it was for the last 8 years.

My mother in law works for the State Department as an interpetor and the group that was here during the election was very interested in the coverage. They were watching a speech by Palin and were horrified (despite being from a country that loved Regan and Bush 1). Their comment was "this <Palin and McCain> is facism". She was also the interpetor for George and Laura Bush when they visited the country that she is from. Meeting him in person did not help her opinion of him. She loved Laura though.

J

Old 04-24-2009, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Prove it.
Why? It's apparent.

But sure...
The National Organization for Women (NOW) is the largest organization of feminist activists in the United States. NOW has 500,000 contributing members and 550 chapters in all 50 states and the District of Columbia.

NOW affirms that reproductive rights are issues of life and death for women, not mere matters of choice. NOW fully supports access to safe and legal abortion, to effective birth control and emergency contraception, to reproductive health services and education for all women. We oppose attempts to restrict these rights through legislation, regulation or Constitutional amendment.

No litmus test there...

Old 04-24-2009, 08:18 PM

2,745 posts, read 3,958,025 times
Sarah Palin put herself into the public eye, and did not perform well. She also cost John McCain my vote.

Moderate~Male

Old 04-24-2009, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Who's Tammy Bruce and why do you think she's the one and only authority on feminism?
Wow.

1) I never said she's the only authority on feminism did I? So why do you pretend that I did?

2) You have a name. You have an internet connection. I'll even bet you've heard of Google. Give it a try.

Old 04-24-2009, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Why? It's apparent.

But sure...
The National Organization for Women (NOW) is the largest organization of feminist activists in the United States. NOW has 500,000 contributing members and 550 chapters in all 50 states and the District of Columbia.

NOW affirms that reproductive rights are issues of life and death for women, not mere matters of choice. NOW fully supports access to safe and legal abortion, to effective birth control and emergency contraception, to reproductive health services and education for all women. We oppose attempts to restrict these rights through legislation, regulation or Constitutional amendment.

No litmus test there...
Sorry, neither Tammy what's-her-name nor NOW are final ruling authorities on what constitutes feminism....no one is.....and there ARE feminists who are anti-choice.

You still haven't given the definitions of "classical feminism" and "new liberal feminism".....

Old 04-24-2009, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillz View Post
The only woman that I can think of that might have been better than Palin is Olympia Snowe but I believe she is pro-choice so no one was going to allow that. I actually think if McCain had chosen Romney, even though his religion can be off putting to some, he would have done better. Of the republicans that ran in the primary the only one I would even consider is Ron Paul even though I disagree with him on many issues.

What many of us were looking at with McCain/Palin is WHAT IF she ended up being president since McCain has had questionable health and he is older? Our country would be an even bigger laughing stock and much less respected than it was for the last 8 years.

My mother in law works for the State Department as an interpetor and the group that was here during the election was very interested in the coverage. They were watching a speech by Palin and were horrified (despite being from a country that loved Regan and Bush 1). Their comment was "this <Palin and McCain> is facism". She was also the interpetor for George and Laura Bush when they visited the country that she is from. Meeting him in person did not help her opinion of him. She loved Laura though.

J
I'm confused as to why you'd vote Republican. I get the impression you prefer liberals.

What values are you looking for in a candidate?

Old 04-24-2009, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Sorry, neither Tammy what's-her-name nor NOW are final ruling authorities on what constitutes feminism....no one is.....and there ARE feminists who are anti-choice.

You still haven't given the definitions of "classical feminism" and "new liberal feminism".....
I'm not going to play your game where you ask for information, shoot it down, and provide nothing while soliciting more. It's obvious that you don't want dialog and debate but just someone to say what you want to here. Or at least that's how it's coming across.

Old 04-24-2009, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Wow.

1) I never said she's the only authority on feminism did I? So why do you pretend that I did?

2) You have a name. You have an internet connection. I'll even bet you've heard of Google. Give it a try.
What's the matter ? You can't explain Tammy????

Here's what was said....you IMPLY this Tammy can "set me straight"...that sounds like you believe her to be an authority....no one RULES feminism.
[SIZE=5]Omahabound[/SIZE]

230 posts, read 16,108 times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?!
Now you're pickin' nits.....although there are degrees of feminism there are no such things as "classical feminist" and "new liberal feminists".

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies