Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would Cheney mind another 9/11?
Yes 6 37.50%
No 10 62.50%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2009, 01:24 PM

5,152 posts, read 8,529,163 times

Advertisements

Ed Schultz is talking about this right now on his radio show and got flack from McCain about it. However, based on Cheney's actions, which have been classless, such as calling Obama "weak" (let a congressman from some red state say that, there's a respect there that someone that high should honor). Cheney did not say Obama's policies are weak, he called Obama, himself weak. At least Bush has shut up or if he's said something, he's gone behind closed doors.
I think Cheney is so paranoid and has such a zeal for sick twisted war games that, well, he knows the majority of the public favors the no more torture (or at least rampant torture) that Obama is pledging and that some studies are contradicting his claims that his methods actually worked. Well, his only sick trump card left is, for America to try it Obama's way which is less barbaric, have another 9/11 happen and then from him to say, I told you so.
This was Ed's opinion and I don't think it's too far out there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2009, 01:35 PM

He wouldn't say it out loud, again, the I posted the thread to see if anyone agreed with Ed Schultz.

Old 04-27-2009, 01:36 PM

3,564 posts, read 5,516,210 times
I actually think you would like it. Just so you can try to say that Cheney likes it.

Old 04-27-2009, 01:43 PM

5,476 posts, read 12,247,018 times
I can't believe this is even a thread. No American wants to see another attack to prove right or wrong. Grow up already!

Old 04-27-2009, 01:57 PM

1,843 posts, read 2,371,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beenhereandthere View Post
Ed Schultz is talking about this right now on his radio show and got flack from McCain about it. However, based on Cheney's actions, which have been classless, such as calling Obama "weak" (let a congressman from some red state say that, there's a respect there that someone that high should honor). Cheney did not say Obama's policies are weak, he called Obama, himself weak. At least Bush has shut up or if he's said something, he's gone behind closed doors.
I think Cheney is so paranoid and has such a zeal for sick twisted war games that, well, he knows the majority of the public favors the no more torture (or at least rampant torture) that Obama is pledging and that some studies are contradicting his claims that his methods actually worked. Well, his only sick trump card left is, for America to try it Obama's way which is less barbaric, have another 9/11 happen and then from him to say, I told you so.
This was Ed's opinion and I don't think it's too far out there.

From what I have seen of Cheney and his Neocon ilk since 911 I have no doubt whatever that they were capable of masterminding the first 911, whether they actually did it or not.

Old 04-27-2009, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlottePirateFan View Post
I actually think you would like it. Just so you can try to say that Cheney likes it.
Not talking about me.

Old 04-27-2009, 02:09 PM

3,564 posts, read 5,516,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beenhereandthere View Post
Not talking about me.

I was

Old 04-27-2009, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlottePirateFan View Post
I was
[MOD CUT/personal attack]
Ok, no I don't want to US to get hit at all, to prove I'm right about one of your leaders of the GOP, Cheney. That shows that sorry state of the GOP.
As well as only 21% of Americans identifying themselves as Republicans according to the most recent Wash. Post poll.

Pew Research Center: Fewer Voters Identify as Republicans
Mar 20, 2008 ... The balance of party identification in the American electorate now ... The share of voters who call themselves Republicans has declined by six ... more than five points identify themselves as Democrats, compared with 21% ...
pewresearch.org/pubs/773/fewer-voters-identify-as-republicans - 31k - Cached - Similar pages

Last edited by Ibginnie; 04-27-2009 at 03:44 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies