Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2009, 07:22 AM

8,185 posts, read 12,639,025 times

Advertisements

So you give me a 54 second youtube showing a guest on Fox saying that the 'teabagging' jokes were sophomoric and the blonde host saying that fox was the only network to give the tea parties any coverage and PR.
Oh, and your second 'link' was nothing more then an 'I hate Fox' website. If I were to take any idiots blog as gospel, then I would have taken you at your word.

Give me real links and real evidence.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2009, 07:44 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Anybody actually know how many members of the press attended the conference versus the number of questions taken or might that add too much context here?

Old 04-30-2009, 08:00 AM

13,186 posts, read 14,978,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packersnut21 View Post
Did he take any questions from NBC? Because we all know how partial MSNBC is

Sorry but a President, on either side, should act like an adult and field questions, so long as they are good ones from either side of the political spectrum.
Fox unlike the other networks is not trying to be objective. They have an agenda. That agenda has them working against Obama.

Therefore, FOX is not a news organization despite what they call themselves.

Hence, they shouldn't even be at a "News" conference.

You should take questions from either side of the political spectrum, but only from objective news sources, not the media arm of the GOP.

Old 04-30-2009, 08:08 AM

18,717 posts, read 31,086,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TnHilltopper View Post
While people will whine and complain but if I'm not mistaken there are no laws which state a President must answer everyone's question.
Besides, the press conference had to end at 9:00 sharp. Because OMG, an episode of Lost was about to start!!!! If he was required to answer a question from every single reporter, it would infuriate the people who can't live without seeing this week's episode.

Old 04-30-2009, 08:24 AM

749 posts, read 947,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Did you really expect obama to call on them for a question? This was predictable.

Foxnews is the only outlet not slobbering all over themselves to get in the good graces of obama and his stooges.

Of course they will ignore Fox - to make a point - that if you don't tow the line and bow and grovel to obama and his ruinous plans for America - you WILL be singled out for their petty vindictiveness.

I have no problem with it, as I'm sure Fox doesn't.

It is something they can point to and dispel any notions of obama's supposed bipartisanship.

Obama is sulking because FOX can the through him and does not want to tie up all their channels with garbage. They carried it on at least one news channel.

All one has to do is look at the cable news ratings, FOX blows the others away, this also is a thorn in Bambi's side.

I am tired of hearing the lefties quoting polls as to Bambi's popularity, polls can be construed and bias, on the other hand ratings are closer to reality.

Old 04-30-2009, 08:29 AM

13,186 posts, read 14,978,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgibbs42 View Post
Obama is sulking because FOX can the through him and does not want to tie up all their channels with garbage. They carried it on at least one news channel.

All one has to do is look at the cable news ratings, FOX blows the others away, this also is a thorn in Bambi's side.

I am tired of hearing the lefties quoting polls as to Bambi's popularity, polls can be construed and bias, on the other hand ratings are closer to reality.
Brag all you want about about FOX's ratings. Crap attracts flies.

I'm more concerned about who governs this Country and right now all you FOX lovers are getting your rumps kicked out of office and are being made irrelevent.

By all means watch all the FOX you want.

Old 04-30-2009, 08:36 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,745,966 times
Obama can control his teleprompter...well mostly except for some times which makes us see how great of a speech giver he really is...

To control the truth to be told and to show he is really a great man, he only dares to go and speak with people who are up his a$$....fair and balanced wasn't part of his campaign..."change" was and we have seen enough of his "change".

Old 04-30-2009, 08:37 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgibbs42 View Post
I believe you got some splainin' to do with this allegation

Old 04-30-2009, 08:39 AM

8,185 posts, read 12,639,025 times
I recall a story during the election that Obama refused certain reporters entry onto his plane as revenge for a bad story about him. Does anyone remember this and did it turn out to be true? Because god knows there were many lies and distortations told throughout that long campaign.
I ask because if this were true, it would certainly show a history of Obama 'rewarding' those journalists that are kind to him and penalizing those that aren't. And that is no way to run a free society.
But as I said, the story could have been a bunch of bupkes......

Old 04-30-2009, 09:01 AM

1,599 posts, read 2,948,186 times
I don't see any reason for Obama to feel compelled to accept any questions from FOX. Why should he legitimize the propoganda machine that poses as a news channel? There is nothing to be gained by it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies