Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2008, 11:42 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,947,295 times

Advertisements

Your thoughts on Christians that are gay.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2008, 06:42 AM

11,078 posts, read 15,080,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
TOUCHY SUBJECT ALERT!!!! Well ......I'm not going to judge another Christian's "validity" one way or the other based on wheter they are this or that,but the Word itself will test it.

"Or do you not know that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals, nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, swindlers, shall inherit the kingdom of God. And such were some of you; but you were washed, but you were sanctified, but you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ, and in the Spirit of our God." (I CORINTHIANS 6:9-11).

No human is perfect otherwise we wouldn't need GOD. EVERYONE struggles daily with something.I struggle with being a reviler and other issues every waking moment of my life and wonder if I'm a valid Christian,but I think the fact that someone DOES worry about it lends some validity to their walk with GOD.Will I make heaven? Will a gay person make heaven? Only GOD knows and anyone who says different is NOT to be trusted at their word.Good luck in this thread,you're gonna need it.LOL

re·vile
v. re·viled, re·vil·ing, re·viles
v.tr. To assail with abusive language; vituperate. See Synonyms at scold.

v.intr. To use abusive language.

Old 11-28-2008, 08:31 AM

4,105 posts, read 8,289,450 times
Alcohol drinking Christians: valid or invalid?
Adulterous Christians: valid or invalid?
Fornicating Christians: valid or invalid?
Mixed-fabric wearing Christians: valid or invalid?
Shellfish eating Christians: valid or invalid?
Iniquitous Christians: valid or invalid?

Old 11-28-2008, 08:44 AM

1,008 posts, read 3,624,075 times
How about obese christians, valid or invalid?

Overating is a sin.

http://www.gotquestions.org/gluttony-sin.html

Old 11-28-2008, 08:48 AM

2,260 posts, read 3,881,421 times
Based on the definition I'd consider any homo sexual to be an Invalid. Love the PC footnote lol

Noun
Singular
invalid
Plural
invalids

invalid (plural invalids)

One who is confined to home or bed due to illness, disability or injury
Any person with disability, e.g. invalid carriage

[edit] Usage notes
The sense of a person confined to home or bed is considered politically incorrect by some.

Old 11-28-2008, 11:51 AM

10,908 posts, read 9,555,443 times
If they are in wheel chairs or on crutches, they are invalid. So if they are without these, I guess they are valid

Old 11-28-2008, 12:17 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,020,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muleskinner View Post
TOUCHY SUBJECT ALERT!!!! Well ......I'm not going to judge another Christian's "validity" one way or the other based on wheter they are this or that,but the Word itself will test it.

"Or do you not know that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals, nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, swindlers, shall inherit the kingdom of God. And such were some of you; but you were washed, but you were sanctified, but you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ, and in the Spirit of our God." (I CORINTHIANS 6:9-11).

No human is perfect otherwise we wouldn't need GOD. EVERYONE struggles daily with something.I struggle with being a reviler and other issues every waking moment of my life and wonder if I'm a valid Christian,but I think the fact that someone DOES worry about it lends some validity to their walk with GOD.Will I make heaven? Will a gay person make heaven? Only GOD knows and anyone who says different is NOT to be trusted at their word.Good luck in this thread,you're gonna need it.LOL

re·vile
v. re·viled, re·vil·ing, re·viles
v.tr. To assail with abusive language; vituperate. See Synonyms at scold.

v.intr. To use abusive language.
Best response.

Old 11-28-2008, 12:24 PM

2,521 posts, read 2,349,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
How could anyone be "invalid"...doesn't Jesus preach love and forgiveness of Everyone? I thought that was what Christianity was supposed to be about. It's "Love thy neighbor" not "love thy Straight neighbor"!

Old 11-28-2008, 12:26 PM

343 posts, read 510,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyrusjul View Post
How about obese christians, valid or invalid?

Overating is a sin.

Is gluttony a sin? What does the Bible say about overeating?

Someone should tell this to all the middle age evangelical women, who all seem to be at least 250 pounds.

Old 11-28-2008, 12:29 PM

11,078 posts, read 15,080,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftydan6 View Post
How could anyone be "invalid"...doesn't Jesus preach love and forgiveness of Everyone? I thought that was what Christianity was supposed to be about. It's "Love thy neighbor" not "love thy Straight neighbor"!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies