Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: I determine/percieve discrimination the most
when I am unfairly criticized, ignored, or teased. 0 0%
when I hear racial, ethnic, gender, or sexual orientation jokes . 6 23.08%
when I see rude body language that tells me they don't care. 1 3.85%
when I am told lies and others are not. 0 0%
when I am retaliated against while others are not for making the same mistakes. 2 7.69%
all of the above point to high possibility of discrimination. 17 65.38%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2009, 12:35 PM

12,969 posts, read 13,706,326 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by yikesamillion View Post
Could it be because most blacks tend to live and hang out in the less-safe areas?

They obviously feel comfortable with their own kind which is why they usually stick to the sides of town that are gang-infested and have a high concentration of druggies and welfare-dependent people.

Whites also like to stick with their own kind and that's why many of us will choose suburban, semi-rural, or well-maintained neighborhoods of larger cities to reside. But the libs and minority groups would label that as racist, intolerant, or bigoted. They think whites should mix in with everyone else but it's okay for blacks and other races to live and mingle separately from the white population.

I maintain that separate but equal works very well. It is not discrimination, it is a fact of life.
I think the Supreme Court ruled that separate and equal where mutually exclusive of each other fifty years ago.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2009, 01:06 PM

10,447 posts, read 49,698,956 times
First off on a personal level I do get looks and get followed in stores. Because I am a left over Hippy from the 60s and proud of it but I get rejudged. May the greatest generation never die. I have not cut my hair since the late 60s and I am a white male. I like it that way and women love it that way.

Now being a white male brings a whole nother set of special discrimination rules but we wont go there.

As a born American I am seriously discriminated against. I have Christmas taken from me because one specific group does not like it so they cry to this govt. Yet another group does not like the word God and is fiercely fighting to have that dirty filthy word taken from my money and the signs outside federal buildings. Then we have schools who forbid your kid to even mention the word Jesus in his homework of face suspension.

Then we have many programs only available to non white people. Even white female only. And then you have special programs only available to foreigners who come here and get free money to open businesses yet I been paying taxes for more then 50 years, was born here and I am not eligible for those programs.

Perhaps the worse case of discrimination for any one of us...no matter what we are is the good ol HOV lanes. Each and every one of us pay taxes equally to build that useless govt boondoggle, yet it is only available to a select few. And only a very few use it. Who said the govt does not discriminate?

Old 05-09-2009, 04:13 PM

4,050 posts, read 3,964,559 times
Originally Posted by yikesamillion
Could it be because most blacks tend to live and hang out in the less-safe areas?

They obviously feel comfortable with their own kind which is why they usually stick to the sides of town that are gang-infested and have a high concentration of druggies and welfare-dependent people.

Whites also like to stick with their own kind and that's why many of us will choose suburban, semi-rural, or well-maintained neighborhoods of larger cities to reside. But the libs and minority groups would label that as racist, intolerant, or bigoted. They think whites should mix in with everyone else but it's okay for blacks and other races to live and mingle separately from the white population.

I maintain that separate but equal works very well. It is not discrimination, it is a fact of life.

You should really where your dunce hat whenever you venture outside so that the normal populace can recognize you!

So because I'm black, my neighborhood is automatically drug and crime infested???... The people are on welfare????...You should really stop watching "Good Times" so much, you do know that show was written by whites as ignorant of blacks as you are.

You always know a racist, and I don't throw that word around lightly, whenever diverse people mingle, co-habitat or get along, and it's labeled "mixing".

Did you really mean to contradict yourself when you wrote this or your thought process got a little jumbled thinking more than one thought at a time:

They think whites should mix in with everyone else but it's okay for blacks and other races to live and mingle separately from the white population.

Either the white are segregated or not, or the blacks are segregated or not!!

Honestly don't get this forum mixed up with Stormfront!!

There's no race war acoming for you!

Old 05-09-2009, 08:37 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,694,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocexpo View Post
Amazing how you can feel so much sympathy when a person of color is discriminated against, but when a white person is, you act as if its nothing.
I'm still waiting for it to happen...........

Old 05-09-2009, 10:59 PM

932 posts, read 1,679,143 times
Yea , I can tell.

Recently my friends and I were enjoying a Rita's water ice on on South St. in Philly. We went into this store and this lady rudely tells us we have to leave because we were eating and drinking. Thats fine if its a store policy because I've worked in retail, but she said it rudely.

so me and my friend walk out of the store and wait in front for our other friends. Another group of people walk in and they have soda cups and icees. My friend suggested that we wait and see if she says anything to them, which she doesn't.

So we went back into the store and asked her if she had a problem. She was surprised that we called her out and we left....never to return again.

There have been so many cases that I can't even talk about.

Old 05-10-2009, 01:07 AM

14,416 posts, read 22,521,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
Yeah I pretty much agree with your post. I didn't complete the poll because I don't think any of those incidents would make me think I'm being discriminated against because I'm a minority. I'd probably just think the person just didn't like me.

See, thats was just what I was thinking. I live in a city with a very large number of blacks. I work retail and have many black customers. Some days little things like an argument with my husband, lazy coworkers or a rude customers, can change the way I great and talk to the next person. Though I am trying not to let it show but it is hard sometimes. So If there is a customer in line, and she is black, noticing my unfriendly appearance she might think I act like that because of her, because she is black. when that is not the fact at all.

I also think that a lot of people are making somethings out of nothing all t. I had 3 customers i line. 2 black lady's and one white lady. The 2 black lady's were standing close to each other. They dressed similar and were at the same age. So after i rang the one lady up and gave her her clothes I asked the white lady if I could help her. Thats when the other black lady yelled out." I am next, you skipped me" I am very apologetic, and told her that I thought she was with the first lady. Thats when she says "oh, so just because we are both black we have to be together?"

I mean. I think this poll is good because I always wondered how people know that they are being discriminated against.

Old 05-10-2009, 03:56 PM

355 posts, read 447,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reconmark View Post
You should really where your dunce hat whenever you venture outside so that the normal populace can recognize you!

So because I'm black, my neighborhood is automatically drug and crime infested???... The people are on welfare????...You should really stop watching "Good Times" so much, you do know that show was written by whites as ignorant of blacks as you are.

You always know a racist, and I don't throw that word around lightly, whenever diverse people mingle, co-habitat or get along, and it's labeled "mixing".

Did you really mean to contradict yourself when you wrote this or your thought process got a little jumbled thinking more than one thought at a time:

Either the white are segregated or not, or the blacks are segregated or not!!

Honestly don't get this forum mixed up with Stormfront!!

There's no race war acoming for you!
I never said all blacks reside or congregate in bad areas, but the majority of them do. It's a fact of life.

Blacks in general are poorer, lazier, and less successful than white people. This despite years of leftist agenda trying to lift the miniorties out of poverty with their government-funded social programs. It is not because blacks are incapable or less intelligent, it is because they do not apply themselves as well or as often.

My statements still have validity. Whites and minoritiy groups choose to be seprarated because they are more comfortable living and mingling among their own kind. Again it is a fact of life, no racism, no bigotry, and no discrimination intended.

The problem arises when the liberals and minority groups accuse whites of being racist and intolerant when they choose to live and socialize separately from blacks and other minorities. But the same libs and minority-advocate groups think it is perfectly fine when blacks and minorities live in separate neighborhoods away from the so-called evil white man.

Old 05-10-2009, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yikesamillion View Post
I never said all blacks reside or congregate in bad areas, but the majority of them do. It's a fact of life.

Blacks in general are poorer, lazier, and less successful than white people. This despite years of leftist agenda trying to lift the miniorties out of poverty with their government-funded social programs. It is not because blacks are incapable or less intelligent, it is because they do not apply themselves as well or as often.

My statements still have validity. Whites and minoritiy groups choose to be seprarated because they are more comfortable living and mingling among their own kind. Again it is a fact of life, no racism, no bigotry, and no discrimination intended.

The problem arises when the liberals and minority groups accuse whites of being racist and intolerant when they choose to live and socialize separately from blacks and other minorities. But the same libs and minority-advocate groups think it is perfectly fine when blacks and minorities live in separate neighborhoods away from the so-called evil white man.
We don't accuse whites of being racist. I am accusing YOU of being racist though. This idiotic rant belongs on a white supremacist website where those of similar intellect and value systems can congregate unchallenged.

Old 05-10-2009, 04:15 PM

355 posts, read 447,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunil's Dad View Post
We don't accuse whites of being racist. I am accusing YOU of being racist though. This idiotic rant belongs on a white supremacist website where those of similar intellect and value systems can congregate unchallenged.
How am I a racist? I simply stated the facts of why separation occurs to this day, years after many attempts to supposedly level the playing field and provide minorities will all sorts of benefits in order to live in harmony with everybody else.

Those attempts have failed miserably.

Blacks and other minorities still live and congregate apart from whites in general. Have a look at the statistics. White people are found primarily in semi-rural areas, suburban areas and wealthier areas of larger cities. Blacks are found primarily in lower-income inner-city neighborhoods, as are many hispanics.

There was no racism intended in my writings, none whatsoever. I am not a white supremacist, I am a sepraratist. If you cannot accept the fact that whites and minorities still generally live and mingle separately from each other then you are seriously misinformed and need a strong dose of reality.

Old 05-10-2009, 04:25 PM

[quote=yikesamillion;8745181]
Quote:
How am I a racist? I simply stated the facts of why separation occurs to this day, years after many attempts to supposedly level the playing field and provide minorities will all sorts of benefits in order to live in harmony with everybody else.

Those attempts have failed miserably.

Blacks are lazier than whites? That alone brands you as a racist. This cannot be measured scientifically, and it can easily be refuted by anecdotal evidence (ie. hundreds of years of uncompensated hard work). I need say nothing else.

Quote:
Blacks and other minorities still live and congregate apart from whites in general.
That comes from discrimination on the white side, and an aversion to being around hateful people such as yourself on the other side.

Quote:
There was no racism intended in my writings, none whatsoever. I am not a white supremacist, I am a sepraratist.
So was David Duke.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies