Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2009, 05:15 PM

439 posts, read 616,928 times

Advertisements

Obama should do the right thing and cancel his speech at Notre Dame. By the time his speech comes around there will be over 1 million that will have sign the petition.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2009, 05:17 PM

707 posts, read 1,022,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Order View Post
Obama should do the right thing and cancel his speech at Notre Dame. By the time his speech comes around there will be over 1 million that will have sign the petition.

Why?

Old 03-29-2009, 05:30 PM

2,984 posts, read 5,856,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by proudmama View Post
Why?
Why? Well the fact that Notre Dame is a Catholic college and pro-life. From what I have heard Bishop John D'Arcy of the Diocese of Fort Wayne-South Bend is boycotting the event. See most good Christians see stem cell research and abortion as evil. So when Obama begin his speech he is going to be receiving a lot of negative comments. Pelosi Got hers from the Pope and Obama will get his.

Old 03-29-2009, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stac2007 View Post
Why? Well the fact that Notre Dame is a Catholic college and pro-life. From what I have heard Bishop John D'Arcy of the Diocese of Fort Wayne-South Bend is boycotting the event. See most good Christians see stem cell research and abortion as evil. So when Obama begin his speech he is going to be receiving a lot of negative comments. Pelosi Got hers from the Pope and Obama will get his.

So then it would be assumed that everyone that attends Notra Dame feels the same way? Everyone at Notra Dame are pro-lifers who are also against stem cell research?
I understand the "abortion" stance, but stem cell research i guess that's where i'm on the fence. These are embryos that are due to be destroyed regardless, does that not bother pro-lifers?

Old 03-29-2009, 05:35 PM

7,331 posts, read 15,385,654 times
I think it would be ridiculous for Obama to cancel this appearance. Obama is the president of Catholic Americans, too.

Old 03-29-2009, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaBredChicagoan View Post
I think it would be ridiculous for Obama to cancel this appearance. Obama is the president of Catholic Americans, too.
He is not my president if belives in murdering millions of unborn. I choose my Catholic faith over him.

Old 03-29-2009, 05:43 PM

7,331 posts, read 15,385,654 times
Quote:
He is not my president if belives in murdering millions of unborn. I choose my Catholic faith over him.
So take it up with Notre Dame. He's not violating his own principles by attending. If his stance on abortion (which I share... I think abortion is horrible and should be infrequent, but know that, as a man, that's not my decision to make) violates your beliefs, that's between you and him. If it violates the Catholic Church's beliefs, they should have considered that before they invited him.

Some people, however, prefer to engage in open conversation.

Old 03-29-2009, 05:45 PM

Quote:

And that is your choice and right, but to force that belief on others is not right.

Although its not nearly the same, but it would be like a University refusing to allow a Catholic priest to give a speach because of whats going on with the Priests and molestation charges. It wouldn't be fair to the Catholics of that school.

Don't get me wrong, this is not because its Obama, i would feel the same no matter what Pro-lifer was scheduled to speak but was asked not too because their pro-choice

Old 03-29-2009, 05:50 PM

would a jewish college let Adolf Hitler make a speech?

Old 03-29-2009, 05:50 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,147,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stac2007 View Post
"""most good Christians see stem cell research and abortion as evil"""

LOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!! Yuppers ! And they(christians) NEVER get abortions. .LOLOLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm all for Obama not speaking at some freaky religious compound....with a bunch of child molesters in dresses and funny hats screaming about evil and boycotts....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies