Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2009, 09:39 PM

5,041 posts, read 6,216,911 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXboomerang View Post
You are the one missing the analogy, which isn't surprising as liberals tend to do that most of the time.

Someone wished that Limbaugh would die and Obama laughed and that is okay because it was a joke.

If you are still failing to see the analogy, which you probably are, you are beyond help.
Not quite. Syke's joke was relevant to what Limbaugh had said earlier - which had disgusted the country.

So for an analogy, you need to come up with something that refers to something President Obama did or said.

Get it now?

Old 05-11-2009, 09:40 PM

1,617 posts, read 2,638,147 times
Quote:
Where were you for the last 8 years as GWB was called redneck, white trash, hillbilly, and dozens of other racist names?
What does "uppity" have to do with the other names you mentioned? Wanda Sykes is not a political figure...

I pointed out the use of the word "uppity" by the OP and their motives for doing so, which had nothing to do with GWB.

Old 05-11-2009, 09:41 PM

5,041 posts, read 6,216,911 times
Quote:
Where were you for the last 8 years as GWB was called redneck, white trash, hillbilly, and dozens of other racist names?
The name-calling isn't the problem. It's the fact that the particular word the OP used - "uppity" - means only one thing in this context - that Syke's was speaking above her social status.

Old 05-11-2009, 09:41 PM

3,309 posts, read 5,702,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by idahogie View Post
The name-calling isn't the problem. It's the fact that the particular word the OP used - "uppity" - means only one thing in this context - that Syke's was speaking above her social status.
Its all in the name of comedy.

Old 05-11-2009, 09:43 PM

4,586 posts, read 5,478,195 times
Quote:
No, Rush isn't the president. It was the president, Obama, who laughed at the idea of somebody's kidney failing.

I guess its okay for the president to laugh about the thought of a citizen dying, but no one could laugh about a joke towards him in the same manner?

I thought you liberals hate hypocrisy.....
Uh, no..the President smiled at that joke as he did every joke she said. He was being polite..Should he have ripped the mic from her in defense of a joke about another comedian?...You guys are pathetic..

Old 05-11-2009, 09:47 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,651,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Pay attention and stop deflecting.

Go look up exactly what those founding principles are that obama is bent on destroying.

I don't believe Obama's trying to destroy anything.....except maybe the legacy of 8 years of Republican neglect of America..........

So exactly who is deflecting what?

Old 05-11-2009, 09:47 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,670,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocexpo View Post
Humor is only funny...if the humor pokes fun at conservatives, right?
Man, you are REALLY upset about this, aren't you... It sounds like you're taking it very personally.

Old 05-11-2009, 09:50 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,651,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Please provide the links.
Check The Smoking Gun

Quote:
Btw, I guess you have never had a family member, friend, acquaintance that developed an addiction to prescription drugs, right?

That's right.
Quote:

I guess all those celebrities who get off scott free are in your crosshairs as well, right?

All I know is, your icon of conservatism is a liar and a hypocrite...........

Old 05-11-2009, 09:50 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,624,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by idahogie View Post
Not that i used the word for that specific reason, however, I think YOUR definition certainly applies. Why the hell she was there anyways seems a bit incongrous.

Old 05-11-2009, 09:53 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,670,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocexpo View Post
Lets just stop with this uppity crap and call her what she is, black trash.
lol... Oh man. Your true colors come out! Hey - at least we now know how you really feel.

Hey - think of Michelle Obama - and then tell us what she "really is" in your mind.

Then, give us your uncensored opinion of Barney Frank.

Don't hold back on anything! The entertainment value is awesome!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies