Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2009, 03:32 PM

Location: I currently exist only in a state of mind. one too complex for geographic location.
4,196 posts, read 5,843,743 times

Advertisements

you betcha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Will there be words to go along with the pictures?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2009, 03:37 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn2390 View Post
If you want a good laugh for free, just look at all of the higher-ups in the Democratic party.
That collection of misfits and fools will keep you laughing for years...

Gee, will there be Dog & Pony shows on aircraft carriers and continuing episodes of The Cowboy and The Dick?

Oh, wait, can't tell the misfits and fools apart without a program

Old 05-13-2009, 03:39 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefinalsay View Post
it's a sad day for society when we elect american idol as president and we want this redneck to get rich.
1980 election still got ya down?

Old 05-13-2009, 03:40 PM

26,214 posts, read 49,044,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siouxcia View Post
When she was announced as McCain's running mate, I read all that was available. No need to make anything up,

She was elected Mayor of a debt free town and left it millions of dollars in debt.
She turned a beautiful lake side community into an ugly strip mall with a dead lake.
For the first time ever, the city had to hire a City Administrator to run the city because she couldn't.
She sold property that had to have easement issues addressed before the sale without addressing those issues.

She wanted information on how she could censor what books are in the public library.
When the librarian protested the possibility of censor the library's books, she fired her. Only due to public outrage did she cancel her termination.

She fired competent people as Mayor and Governor and hired incompetents to fill those positions. Something she had every right to do but, IMO, unethical.
She used her position to wreak havoc on people she didn't like.
She supported the bridge to nowhere when she ran for Governor but backed out on it AFTER getting spanked by Congress for the waste.
Oil prices were at their highest when she took office through no actions of her doing but she took credit for it. Now that oil prices are plummeting, it's all somebody else's fault.
She contracted with a Canadian company to build the oil pipe line (years and years before that's going to happen)instead of giving the contract to an American company.
She tried to bully the Legislature into appointing one of two NEW, used to be Republicans only weeks ago, to an open Democratic senate seat.
She tried to force a State Attorney who had made anti-women statements, anti-Native statements and homophobic statements onto the State.

I could go on and on but since you know so much about her, you already know the rest.
Bolded parts are my doing.

This "book burning" mentality is a hallmark of the evango-fascist right wing of the GOP, the religious zealots like Dobson, et al.

Reason I mention this is that one of Palin's closest advisors in Alaska is a lawyer working for the Alliance Defense Fund (ADF).

The ADF is a group of lawyers, out of Phoenix, AZ, who are funded by Dobson and the other evango-fascists. Their sole purpose is to have their people tweaking local, state and federal laws, every chance they get, to insert evangelical doctrine into our public laws. Inserting religious doctrine into public laws and policies equals having government establish a national religion, a pure violation of the first amendment which says our government shall make no laws regarding the establishment of religion, i.e., the fundies are trying to trash the separation of church and state and move this nation towards a theocracy, like Iran.

Getting books out of our libraries if they do not match fundie brainwashing is the exact sort of thing that Hitler did in Germany, and we know how THAT turned out.

It matters a LOT that we never let Sarah Palin anywhere near our Federal government, except maybe as an inmate at Leavenworth.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 05-13-2009, 03:48 PM

Location: I currently exist only in a state of mind. one too complex for geographic location.
4,196 posts, read 5,843,743 times
yes, the 1980 pre cable election has me down. you realize that oprah got your president elected right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
1980 election still got ya down?

Old 05-13-2009, 03:54 PM

3,813 posts, read 4,915,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
Bolded parts are my doing.

This "book burning" mentality is a hallmark of the evango-fascist right wing of the GOP, the religious zealots like Dobson, et al.

Reason I mention this is that one of Palin's closest advisors in Alaska is a lawyer working for the Alliance Defense Fund (ADF).

The ADF is a group of lawyers, out of Phoenix, AZ, who are funded by Dobson and the other evango-fascists. Their sole purpose is to have their people tweaking local, state and federal laws, every chance they get, to insert evangelical doctrine into our public laws. Inserting religious doctrine into public laws and policies equals having government establish a national religion, a pure violation of the first amendment which says our government shall make no laws regarding the establishment of religion, i.e., the fundies are trying to trash the separation of church and state and move this nation towards a theocracy, like Iran.

Getting books out of our libraries if they do not match fundie brainwashing is the exact sort of thing that Hitler did in Germany, and we know how THAT turned out.

It matters a LOT that we never let Sarah Palin anywhere near our Federal government, except maybe as an inmate at Leavenworth.
She's a jewel, alright!

Old 05-13-2009, 04:12 PM

15,402 posts, read 28,948,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefinalsay View Post
yes, the 1980 pre cable election has me down. you realize that oprah got your president elected right?
Aww, man... I thought it was me! Oh well, so much for the awesome power of normie...

Old 05-13-2009, 04:13 PM

15,402 posts, read 28,948,929 times
Quote:
Given the amount of bull shat this woman is all about and slings about, I have another title suggestion.

SARAH PALIN: PLUGGED!!!
Oh my!!!!!

Hmmm, you know that could explain a few things, too.....

Old 05-13-2009, 05:16 PM

37,203 posts, read 19,200,869 times
Quote:
She supported the bridge to nowhere when she ran for Governor but backed out on it AFTER getting spanked by Congress for the waste.
When the bridge was cancelled, however, she did not return the money to Washington where it belonged as the property of the taxpayers. She finished the "Road To Nowhere" that was supposed to service the bridge, and now is found to be most useful by herds of elk, moose, and deer moving about in search of food and water, but has no other purpose. The rest of the money appropriated for the bridge was diverted to other projects.

And don't forget the "I sold the jet on ebay" fairy tale.

Old 05-13-2009, 07:02 PM

40,050 posts, read 34,603,290 times
By the way, is Palin's new book going to be available in the "country of Africa?"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies