Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2009, 09:23 PM

3,301 posts, read 6,324,912 times

Advertisements

Obama Will Give (Apology) Speech to Muslim World On June 4 In Egypt
Plans for Barack Obama's Next Apology Tour Confirmed--

Gateway Pundit: Obama Will Give (Apology) Speech to Muslim World On June 4 In Egypt (http://gatewaypundit.blogspot.com/2009/05/obama-will-give-apology-speech-to.html - broken link)
President Barack Obama will give an (apology) speech to the Muslim World from Egypt on June 4 and then travel to Europe where he will recognize German suffering during World War II.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2009, 09:28 PM

2,095 posts, read 2,580,582 times
Good i think it is a good start to improve relations with the muslim world. The next step should be Muslim leaders apologizing for their intolerance and racism towards Westerners. Muslims need to be more accepting of different cultures and peoples.

Old 05-19-2009, 09:31 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,603,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProudCapMarine View Post
Obama Will Give (Apology) Speech to Muslim World On June 4 In Egypt
Plans for Barack Obama's Next Apology Tour Confirmed--

Gateway Pundit: Obama Will Give (Apology) Speech to Muslim World On June 4 In Egypt (http://gatewaypundit.blogspot.com/2009/05/obama-will-give-apology-speech-to.html - broken link)
President Barack Obama will give an (apology) speech to the Muslim World from Egypt on June 4 and then travel to Europe where he will recognize German suffering during World War II.
The Reuters article says nothing about an apology. You are confusing an apology with DIPLOMACY. I know it's been a long time since you've seen diplomacy in action because of the previous administration, but it can be effective.

Old 05-19-2009, 09:37 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,314,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bostonian123 View Post
Muslims need to be more accepting of different cultures and peoples.
They're religion forbids it.

Old 05-19-2009, 09:55 PM

236 posts, read 386,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
They're religion forbids it.
No, it doesn't, dear ergohead!
Arabs are not the whole muslim world! I'm an Azerbaijani and a muslim.
We are totally different than Arabs!!! Azerbaijan, Turkey, Kazakhstan, Albania are different than Arabs and Persians. You just don't know that. We dress like Europeans so you cannot define who is who. And Arabs mostly dress in a typical way.
We all are Muslims, but we are different. I totally don't accept Arabian and Iranian way of life and their behaviour. It's their culture, NOT requirements of Islam! And this is important to understand!

Old 05-19-2009, 10:04 PM

5,041 posts, read 6,214,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
You are confusing an apology with DIPLOMACY.
"They're ideology forbids it."

Old 05-19-2009, 10:13 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,013,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Negresco View Post
No, it doesn't, dear ergohead!
Arabs are not the whole muslim world! I'm an Azerbaijani and a muslim.
We are totally different than Arabs!!! Azerbaijan, Turkey, Kazakhstan, Albania are different than Arabs and Persians. You just don't know that. We dress like Europeans so you cannot define who is who. And Arabs mostly dress in a typical way.
We all are Muslims, but we are different. I totally don't accept Arabian and Iranian way of life and their behaviour. It's their culture, NOT requirements of Islam! And this is important to understand!

Thank you Paul, for speaking out. Westerners (myself included) are woefully ignorant of Islam and the Middle East in general...easier to lump every Muslim in with bin Laden. It's interesting that you disapprove of the Saudis...I've often wondered how other Islamic countries view the Saudi
Royal Family....are they legitimate in your opinion? You have no idea how
much more posts from you would enrich the forum, and I hope that you do
teach us all more. In the words of the immortal Marvin Gaye, "War is not the answer, for only love can conquer hate."

Old 05-19-2009, 10:27 PM

2,095 posts, read 2,580,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salukifan1 View Post

Thank you Paul, for speaking out. Westerners (myself included) are woefully ignorant of Islam and the Middle East in general...easier to lump every Muslim in with bin Laden. It's interesting that you disapprove of the Saudis...I've often wondered how other Islamic countries view the Saudi
Royal Family....are they legitimate in your opinion? You have no idea how
much more posts from you would enrich the forum, and I hope that you do
teach us all more. In the words of the immortal Marvin Gaye, "War is not the answer, for only love can conquer hate."
Good points Salukifan. Muslims are also woefully ignorant of American culture and the West in general. Hopefully, Muslims will eventually learn to be more accepting of the West and different religions like Christianity. I hope Obama's speech will convince them that the United States is a friend and not an enemy.

Old 05-19-2009, 10:42 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,473,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProudCapMarine View Post
Gateway Pundit: Obama Will Give (Apology) Speech to Muslim World On June 4 In Egypt
It's about time an American president did that, on both counts.

Old 05-19-2009, 10:43 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,314,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bostonian123 View Post
Good points Salukifan. Muslims are also woefully ignorant of American culture and the West in general. Hopefully, Muslims will eventually learn to be more accepting of the West and different religions like Christianity. I hope Obama's speech will convince them that the United States is a friend and not an enemy.
Well, I guess it doesn't cost anything to hope, but I'm sure they see at least our Government close-up.

YouTube - The Guess Who-American Woman

American woman, said get away
American woman, listen what I say
Don’t come hangin’ around my door
Don’t wanna see your face no more
I don’t need your war machines
I don’t need your ghetto scenes
Coloured lights can hypnotize
Sparkle someone else’s eyes
Now woman, get away from me
American woman, mama let me be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies