Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2009, 09:35 AM

4,459 posts, read 4,207,855 times

Advertisements

Keith Olbermann interviewed conservative radio host Erich "Mancow" Muller tonigh about his experience being waterboarded. Mancow said he agreed to be interviewed because Olbermann is a "stand up guy" for agreeing to donate $10,000 to a charity benefiting veterans (an offer previously extended to Sean Hannity) after Mancow was waterboarded.

Mancow reaffirmed that the practice was indeed torture and said that his "psychological state" going into the experiment was that he was "laughing at it. I was willing to prove, and ready to prove, that this was a joke, and I was wrong. It was horrific. It was instantaneous. And look, I felt the effects for two days."

Mancow also revealed that his friend Sean Hannity "called me and said 'it's still not torture.'"

Olbermann, Mancow Interview: Mancow Discusses Being Waterboarded (VIDEO)

I tip my hat to Mancow, at least he had the stones to go through with it... Hannity, not so much... He fit's the profile of your typical neoCON wuss.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2009, 09:41 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,143,981 times
Didnt Sean want to help the veterans?
OLBERMANN: This is where I normally remind Sean Hannity that it is so many days since I took him up on his offer to be water-boarded for charity, without any reply.

But with today's development, the point is moot.

"Mancow Muller" had the guts to put his mouth where his mouth was, and the guts to admit he was dead wrong -- as you saw, he not only said it is torture, but that he had nearly drowned as a boy, and it is drowning, and that he would have admitted to anything to make it stop.

So the offer to the coward Hannity -- a thousand dollars a second he lasted on the waterboard -- is withdrawn.

And to Mancow Muller, whose station's publicity person contacted us yesterday saying she'd heard I'd offered ten thousand dollars to anybody who would do what he did...

You got it. Ten thousand dollars to the military-families charity of the man who did the waterboarding, "Veterans Of Valor."

As to Hannity... you are now unnecessary.

Old 05-27-2009, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Didnt Sean want to help the veterans?
OLBERMANN: This is where I normally remind Sean Hannity that it is so many days since I took him up on his offer to be water-boarded for charity, without any reply.

But with today's development, the point is moot.

"Mancow Muller" had the guts to put his mouth where his mouth was, and the guts to admit he was dead wrong -- as you saw, he not only said it is torture, but that he had nearly drowned as a boy, and it is drowning, and that he would have admitted to anything to make it stop.

So the offer to the coward Hannity -- a thousand dollars a second he lasted on the waterboard -- is withdrawn.

And to Mancow Muller, whose station's publicity person contacted us yesterday saying she'd heard I'd offered ten thousand dollars to anybody who would do what he did...

You got it. Ten thousand dollars to the military-families charity of the man who did the waterboarding, "Veterans Of Valor."

As to Hannity... you are now unnecessary.
That was really noble of Olbermann keeping his word with his charitable contribution to the "Veterans of Valor" and kudo's to going through with it... I would pay top dollar for box seats to see Cheney, Hannity and LimpBall waterboarded simultaneously.

Old 05-27-2009, 09:59 AM

4,011 posts, read 4,424,532 times
Thanks. I missed it.

Old 05-27-2009, 10:06 AM

5,165 posts, read 6,051,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukester View Post
That was really noble of Olbermann keeping his word with his charitable contribution to the "Veterans of Valor" and kudo's to going through with it... I would pay top dollar for box seats to see Cheney, Hannity and LimpBall waterboarded simultaneously.
Interesting.. you want to see innocent Americans Tortured but terrorists who would cut off your hands and then decapitate you ...lets set 'em free.

Old 05-27-2009, 10:26 AM

20,460 posts, read 26,321,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleanhouse View Post
Interesting.. you want to see innocent Americans Tortured but terrorists who would cut off your hands and then decapitate you ...lets set 'em free.
I don't want to see ANYONE tortured.
I just want people to understand it IS torture.
If people REALLY don't believe it's torture, they should have no fear of proving that. My guess is, they'll change their minds having experiencing it.
THAT was the whole point of the video.

I would never FORCE anyone to do it because I believe it to be torture - but the fact is, those that DON'T believe that (and argue so adamantly on the airwaves) should either have the courage of conviction to experience it themselves (so that they can speak with some kind of authority on the subject) - or simply admit they are too ignorant to know for sure and too cowardly to personally find out.

It's not really very complicated.

Ken

Old 05-27-2009, 10:28 AM

Quote:
That line is getting worn out like a broken record. Let fear be your friend. Torture was not our policy in previous wars why should this undeclared war that Bush orherstrated be any different? You really need to rid your party of neoCONS.

Old 05-27-2009, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
I don't want to see ANYONE tortured.
I just want people to understand it IS torture.
If people REALLY don't believe it's torture, they should have no fear of proving that. My guess is, they'll change their minds having experiencing it.
THAT was the whole point of the video.

I would never FORCE anyone to do it because I believe it to be torture - but the fact is, those that DON'T believe that (and argue so adamantly on the airwaves) should either have the courage of conviction to experience it themselves (so that they can speak with some kind of authority on the subject) - or simply admit they are too ignorant to know for sure and too cowardly to personally find out.

It's not really very complicated.

Ken
You know I was responding to Dukester who wants to see some right wing radio blow hards tortured. and I agree with you.

Old 05-27-2009, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukester View Post
That line is getting worn out like a broken record. Let fear be your friend. Torture was not our policy in previous wars why should this undeclared war that Bush orherstrated be any different? You really need to rid your party of neoCONS.
You are so obsessed with neocons you missed my point.

You mentioned you want to see people tortured.. How is that any different then the neocons who believe in torture?

Old 05-27-2009, 10:31 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,143,981 times
Quote:
You know I was responding to Dukester who wants to see some right wing radio blow hards tortured. and I agree with you.
Olbermann had offered to pay for them to be waterboarded, he didnt say "by terrorists."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies