Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are "wise Latinas" better decision makers than white men
Yes 42 21.54%
No 31 15.90%
That's a racist remark 106 54.36%
Other 10 5.13%
Not sure 6 3.08%
Voters: 195. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2009, 09:33 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,274,487 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Not wild about her, either, but I'm not in her district so I can't vote for her.
Unless I am talking about Nasty Nancy and use that name for here I mean bs when I say Pelosi. She passes more Pelosi when she talks than any bull I have ever seen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2009, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin13 View Post
That sounds like pure racist/gender bias BS on your part.

Clarence Thomas. Two words come to mind. Anita Hill. Enough said.
Hey legal eagle, did someone convict Thomas of something concerning Hill?

Old 05-29-2009, 09:36 PM

37,203 posts, read 19,210,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillysB View Post
Are "wise Latinas" better decision makers than white men

If the Latina is making reference to herself then I would say that she probly isn't wise enough to be considered a decision maker.
Aw, come on now.

She's GOTTA be AT LEAST smart enough to be "A Decider".

But then again, so was Socks the Cat.

Old 05-29-2009, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Aw, come on now.

She's GOTTA be AT LEAST smart enough to be "A Decider".

But then again, so was Socks the Cat.
Hardy har, har, har.

Old 05-29-2009, 09:43 PM

3,857 posts, read 4,216,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
Except that if Clarence Thomas looked like Denzel Washington, we'd never have heard of Anita Hill.
And if Clarence Thomas looked like Denzel Washington, he would never have been on the USSC. He would have been a movie star. And Thomas would not have used his "superior postion" to try to intimidate Anita Hill or any other woman. The fact is that Clarence Thomas is a very unattractive man with weird sexual behavior, period. That's WHY he had to try to sexually intimidate women in his life.

Old 05-29-2009, 09:46 PM

3,857 posts, read 4,216,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Hey legal eagle, did someone convict Thomas of something concerning Hill?
We ALL know that many people who break the law are not convicted of anything and not in prison. The name that comes to mind off the top of my head is Dick Cheney..........along with Rumsfeld, Condi Rice, and many of Cheney's inner circle.

So you contention that Thomas did nothing wrong because he was not "convicted" means NOTHING.

Old 05-29-2009, 09:55 PM

5,554 posts, read 6,740,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
I don't identify with "whites", I identify with people period. I think she has made it very clear where her loyalities lie first.
Then you still don't get it.

Old 05-29-2009, 09:58 PM

Location: I currently exist only in a state of mind. one too complex for geographic location.
4,196 posts, read 5,844,425 times
it depends on what the decision is. if it's a decision on whether to use pledge or endust, then latino women reign supreme. they know how to dust.

here come the haters. it's a joke people.

Old 05-29-2009, 10:01 PM

5,554 posts, read 6,740,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
A judge is not to favor rich or poor, or one race over another. A judge is to decide cases based on the law. Anything else is bias.

Justice is supposed to be blind. This candidate is not. She is racist, and has shown (by her own words and other cases in which she has ruled) that she is anything but "blind". Her kind of "justice", is no justice at all. She makes a mockery of justice.

Obama is clearly not "wise", not only proven by this selection, but in everything he has done so far:
  • In just over 100 days, he has destroyed the US economy.
  • He has taken over (nationalized) General Motors, in an unconstitutional purchase of stock in GM, which will result in the government owning 70% of GM This is illegal. Who will stop him?
  • He has taken over the banks, and is dictating to bank CEO's
  • He is raising taxes on everything, including the proposal of a VAT (Value Added Tax) tax on everything you buy. This is proposed to be 25% at every level of production (value added) resulting in extreme price increases on all products sold. European nations have been saddled with this for years, and it is a paperwork nightmare, as well as being a burden from simply the taxation standpoint.

Every Ameican should oppose imposition of this tax. We cannot afford it, and it is oppressive, by it's very nature.
  • The so-called "stimulus" has done nothing to improve the economy, and the money is gone. We don't even know where it went.
Obama is a disaster. The worst president in American history, without a doubt. In just over 100 days.
Depends on which side of the fence you are. The majority does not agree with your stance on Obama.

No. Sotomayor is not a racist. You need to study racism before you can say that. Judges have a lot of power, and many have abused that power. So justice is supposed to be blind, but that doesn't mean it is. Get a grip on reality. Heck, since someone brought up Cheney, perfect example. He shot someone and nothing was done at all. If an ordinary citizen had done this, something would have been done - at the very least litigation.

Old 05-29-2009, 10:05 PM

7,530 posts, read 11,367,834 times
People should know that Latinos/Hispanics aren't a race but an ethnic group.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies