Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2009, 10:16 AM

9,059 posts, read 12,967,105 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Thank GOD for a great President to care about American jobs!!

Dont forget, 6 months ago, under the idiot frat boy Bush, the Republican Party emphatically stated: DECLARE BANKRUPTCY

Under Republicans, these jobs would have disappeared and/or gone to China/Mexico.

Again, thank the LORD in Heaven we have Barack Obama at the helm and not John McCain or the last Prez., this one doesn't want to oversee failure like the past President!

Failure is inevitable and you are under the delusion the government actually has power to stop it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2009, 10:16 AM

26,212 posts, read 19,509,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post

yes, bankruptcy = failure.. its a safety net for failed businesses, and now Obama, as boss to the CEO of GM, FAILED!!

He's been President 4 months, GM is another enduring chapter of the Bush legacy.

Another marker of the Bush years, domestic economic ruin. Read this part slowly: 2008 saw the most job losses of any year since 1945

Old 06-01-2009, 10:17 AM

3,199 posts, read 4,315,249 times
Obama can now operate with the excuse "he is protecting the taxpayers interest" whilst having them build the cars he feels we should drive.
Of course the trons will buy it.

Old 06-01-2009, 10:19 AM

9,059 posts, read 12,967,105 times
It didn't take long for the Obamatron heuristic algorithm processing units to operate with the default output: blame Bush!

69,368 posts, read 64,081,664 times
Quote:
He's been President 4 months, GM is another enduring chapter of the Bush legacy.
And in FOUR months he's managed to "save" GM and then bankrupt it.. I'll give you one thing.. thats a record.

You also seem to not understand the difference between the Bush loan, and Obama, who DIRECTLY is responsible now for the bankrupting of GM. He took ownership, he took control, he took EQUITY, HE IS RESPONSIBLE for this failure..
Quote:
Another marker of the Bush years, domestic economic ruin. Read this part slowly: 2008 saw the most job losses of any year since 1945
And this justifies failure of the Obama administraion because?

1,048 posts, read 2,387,181 times
Quote:
Thanks conservatives for leaving America broke and chock full of flag draped coffins from the Middle East.
There is plenty of blame to go around from both parties. If you don't see that, you've fallen into the trap the politicos want you in. look beyond party lines.

Quote:
The country is barely recognizable due to mismanagement from PRESIDENT'S like the former one, who left President Obama an INCREDIBLE mess
So you're not much better than the people who blamed all Bush's woes on Clinton. Once again, it is both parties causing the problems. our government is not being run by and for the people anymore. by continuing to blame one party over the other, you continue to ignore the man behind the curtain.

Old 06-01-2009, 10:22 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,929,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViewFromThePeak View Post
Wow! Will they be renaming GM to Government Motors? Is that the 'change'?

Government will own 60% with $30B stake.

GM on the brink - bankruptcy filing expected - May. 31, 2009

In Soviet America, car builds you!
GM got itself into the bind they are in, I have ZERO sympathy for their plight. So, now they are going to have to reorganize and show a viable plan of restructure, suprise surprise that is how ALL bankruptcy settlements work. the government gave them truck loads of our money and has a vested interest at this point, in the long run the government will step aside, watch. I will be sure to point back to these rediculous threads when that happens, how do you prefer your crow?
Casper

Old 06-01-2009, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Worley View Post

So you're not much better than the people who blamed all Bush's woes on Clinton. Once again, it is both parties causing the problems. our government is not being run by and for the people anymore. by continuing to blame one party over the other, you continue to ignore the man behind the curtain.

I'm actually listening to him, are you? If not, educate yourself by doing so. I dont blindly excuse anyone, including Obama, but right now the American people are investing in General Motors.

Am I supposed to somehow believe in rescuing crooked bankers like Pres. Bush did, but not believe in rescuing hard working Americans and an American manufacturing icon? Why would I want GM to fail? Why would anyone?

Republicans would, I know, but they have no problem wasting hundreds of billions killing people in the Middle East. Make sense?

Please.

C-SPAN Video Player - GM files for bankruptcy protection (http://www.cspan.org/Watch/Media/2009/06/01/HP/R/19287/GM+files+for+bankruptcy+protection.aspx - broken link)

Old 06-01-2009, 10:28 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,081,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
GM got itself into the bind they are in, I have ZERO sympathy for their plight.
Me neither, which is why they should have filed bankruptcy six months ago..

Old 06-01-2009, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
I have always bought GM, but GM is gone, whatever it was before, it is completely gone now.

I'll never buy anything GM again, I'll buy Ford, until 0bama forces them to go bankrupt, and then I'll buy from South Korea or Japan, but never again from GM.
Right wing patriotism at its finest
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies