Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will you ever buy GM vehicles again?
I will never buy a GM vehicle again 53 73.61%
I'm glad, the government will build better cars now 1 1.39%
Ford should be next, nationalize all car manufacturing 0 0%
I'll buy Japanese or Korean cars, cuz ford will be next 10 13.89%
Long live 0bama, buy GM! 8 11.11%
Voters: 72. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2009, 04:47 PM

519 posts, read 688,840 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oerdin View Post
The poll is pretty idiotic. Renault, Volkswagon, Daewoo, Volvo, Jaguar, Land Rover, and literally dozens of other makers all did fine under government ownership. Renault (who owns Nissan) and Volkswagon still do fine under partial government ownership like GM. The reality is this is only a temperary measure and the company will be reprivitized after it is reorganized and auto sales recover from last year's 60% drop. This is a good way to reorganize a national asset and get it through the Bush financial meltdown.
Ding Ding! We have a winner!

Of course it was President Bush's fault that GM has been suffering a decline in market share for over a decade! Of course GM was in such good shape prior to September 2008! My god, the shat just keeps getting deeper.

Unbelievable how some people just ignore the facts to convince themselves that they have not been fleeced by Change We Can Believe In.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2009, 04:48 PM

2,404 posts, read 3,948,874 times
Default Made in China Sucks!

The Chinese made those Greenies which caused 1000's of pets to die. Wasn't there something with their baby formula poisoning infants. Didn't they recall a bunch of Chinese made tires. And what about the lead paint in the Chinese made childrens' toys.

I work with computers. One of the first places I worked, we had IBM Lenovo laptops. We never had issues with quality. IBM sold Lenovo to a Chinese company in '04. My current employer bought the new Chinese made Lenovo ThinkPad, over a two thousand dollar product. During the last six months, I have had three crap out, 3 out of 39. Serious, just today the whole USB port came out when I removed a USB mouse. China does not have a track record of making quality products, why would I buy an inferior product.

As a consumer, I vote with my dollar. I do not support nationalization. If the government and unions retain ownership, I'll never buy.

Old 06-02-2009, 04:51 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,867,563 times
Not for a long time as I don't need to give with the problems they will have.

Old 06-02-2009, 04:52 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,950,814 times
Never. Chrylser either.

Obama, the dems and the UAW totally screwed the original investors - they will never get my patronage.

Old 06-02-2009, 04:52 PM

7,787 posts, read 8,030,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california_is_superior View Post
American Cars have always and I mean always sucked
bullcrap!! i have an 84 f150 with679000 miles 2nd engine a 1990 f150 with 182000 miles a90 cherokee with289000 miles a 90 wrangler with 212000 miles all run great. theres my proof. show me yours.

Old 06-02-2009, 04:57 PM

7,787 posts, read 8,030,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mossomo View Post
The Chinese made those Greenies which caused 1000's of pets to die. Wasn't there something with their baby formula poisoning infants. Didn't they recall a bunch of Chinese made tires. And what about the lead paint in the Chinese made childrens' toys.

I work with computers. One of the first places I worked, we had IBM Lenovo laptops. We never had issues with quality. IBM sold Lenovo to a Chinese company in '04. My current employer bought the new Chinese made Lenovo ThinkPad, over a two thousand dollar product. During the last six months, I have had three crap out, 3 out of 39. Serious, just today the whole USB port came out when I removed a USB mouse. China does not have a track record of making quality products, why would I buy an inferior product.

As a consumer, I vote with my dollar. I do not support nationalization. If the government and unions retain ownership, I'll never buy.
don't forget thier drywall 150000 houses in the southeast are affected it rots out your elec and plumbing even your jewelry
and makes you sick gotta luv chineese imports

Old 06-02-2009, 05:00 PM

37,972 posts, read 22,157,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
Ask Sean Hannity, O'Reilly, or Limbaugh on advice before you buy your next car.
I don't think there price range is the same as mine.

Old 06-02-2009, 05:21 PM

8,954 posts, read 20,683,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Just wondering how many people here feel as I do, now that General Motors is owned by the federal government.

I'm not even letting the knowledge that General Motors is planning to build cars in China and import them into the United States, influence my decision.
Pardon me but from this post and your survey choices (no yes vote) you
hold a definite bias against GM no matter what others may say.

So why ask a question you already have decided?

For myself yes, I would buy another GM Chevy truck product when my
16 yr old Suburban & my 13 yr old Chevy PU wear out!

When vehicles last that long what's not to like?

Old 06-02-2009, 05:45 PM

15,446 posts, read 21,357,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Will you ever buy a GM vehicle again?
Lol! Not even a government-built Chevy could make me drive a Ford but I suspect some GM fans will turn to Ford. I've driven GMs for nearly fifty years but no longer will I ever consider buying a new or a used one.

GM was headed for extinction before but it may have survived with restructuring guided by law and not by politics. I now care as much about the future of GM as I cared about Studebaker.

Old 06-02-2009, 05:57 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,455,656 times
GM = Government Malfeasance

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies