Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2009, 10:30 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,698,118 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleanhouse View Post
Absolutely.
We have only prolonged the agony and enabled.
Wll said.

I've given this a lot of thought and have concluded that the Democrat party is a dysfunctional party, like a dysfunctional family. Instead of helping people to pull themselves up by the bootstraps and thus set them on the road to recovery (economical and financial), they prefer to give them just enough to keep them at a bearable comfort level. And that spells death to the soul, and to dreams of achievement. As long as the government can keep people dependent, it has the power.

The Democrat party is a party of enablers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2009, 10:47 AM

5,165 posts, read 6,053,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
Wll said.

I've given this a lot of thought and have concluded that the Democrat party is a dysfunctional party, like a dysfunctional family. Instead of helping people to pull themselves up by the bootstraps and thus set them on the road to recovery (economical and financial), they prefer to give them just enough to keep them at a bearable comfort level. And that spells death to the soul, and to dreams of achievement. As long as the government can keep people dependent, it has the power.

The Democrat party is a party of enablers.
You are not wrong but it is not only the Democrats. I do not believe in any of the current regime Rs, Ds, Liberman.

Old 06-03-2009, 11:06 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,159,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
Wow you mean the beneficiaries of government largess said they needed it ?? Remarkable. Hey I need it too, who should I tell?
I guess you dont mean BAC and ML, because you're suddenly talking about (I guess) TARP, and not what your post was about.

Old 06-03-2009, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Necessary my ass. Firms that fail fail for a reason. The firms that were forced to take TARP were not failing yet the Government felt they needed to step in and forge control. It is hogwash.
They absolutely were failing, I cant believe there's a need to discuss this. Just look up the definition of TARP and "Troubled Assets."

Old 06-03-2009, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
I would. I have worked for healthcare companies that went bankrupt, nobody bailed me out.
Quote:
Absolutely.
We have only prolonged the agony and enabled.
This might help.

Why bailout money goes to banks, not us

Old 06-03-2009, 11:40 AM

5,165 posts, read 6,053,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post

No one, least of all Obama, wants to risk repeating the Bush administration's decision last fall to let investment bank Lehman Brothers fail, setting off the financial panic of mid-September that quickly resulted in an economic contraction.

Well It seems like we have quite a contraction on our hands anyway doesn't it?
thank God for the bailouts- What would we have without them besides a deficit in the trillions of dollars ?

Old 06-03-2009, 11:58 AM

564 posts, read 892,722 times
Oh God! Did no one listen to Ron Paul? You all will get exactly what you voted for, like I said months ago on here. Rep, Dem, are the same head of the same snake. When in a period in time we should be moving more towards the constitution and individual rights, these traitors and crooks are stealing it everyday. I don't get it? Are Americans really this stupid? What are they teaching in schools theses days? Gov gives you freedom? I don't get it, I swear to God I don't understand how we are handing over every American principal WE have, everything that makes US Americans? And WE are getting shafted right out in plain view now? HELLO! Can someone explain this to me, are WE all not cowards? Are WE going to allow our Constitution and Declaration Of Independence go to Hell??

Old 06-03-2009, 12:07 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,755,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
I guess you dont mean BAC and ML, because you're suddenly talking about (I guess) TARP, and not what your post was about.

Suddenly? Didn't you see TARP in my post? TARP was the bank bailout and yes BOA and Merill both fit into that. BOA was going down without help the price they paid was they had to take on Merril. GS, JP Morgan, MS didn't need the bailout they were forced into it now the government is making it more difficult for banks to repay TARP that didn't need it to begin with. Now why would they do that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies