Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2009, 10:14 AM

13,186 posts, read 14,980,467 times

Advertisements

This is their main organization site.

taxdayteaparty.com - Traffic Details from Alexa...select the 3 Month history in case it doesn't come up.

They told us this was the start of a revolution?.....http://www.worldnetdaily.com/index.p...w&pageId=89788
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2009, 10:21 AM

5,944 posts, read 5,584,802 times
Maybe most of the "protesters" finally figured out they got a tax break. Before their first party.

Old 06-03-2009, 10:22 AM

519 posts, read 688,840 times
Did you expect a daily rally or something? "Rome Didn't Fall In A Day" obviously means nothing to you. The revolution has begun. The 2010 electoral clock is ticking.

Old 06-03-2009, 10:23 AM

2,605 posts, read 4,844,527 times
Tax day was April 15th.

Old 06-03-2009, 10:24 AM

13,186 posts, read 14,980,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny B. Fury View Post
Did you expect a daily rally or something? "Rome Didn't Fall In A Day" obviously means nothing to you. The revolution has begun. The 2010 electoral clock is ticking.

You make me laugh. You sound like "Mr. Furious"

Old 06-03-2009, 10:29 AM

519 posts, read 688,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
[/b]

You make me laugh. You sound like "Mr. Furious"
Your post presumes that all the anger that is harbored was vented on April 15 and there is none left for the 2010 elections. All I can say is....don't hold your breath.

But don't take it from me. Take it from the Democratic horses mouth:

"We have a daunting challenge ahead in the 2010 midterm elections," Democratic House campaign chief Chris Van Hollen says in a year-end Web video thanking supporters. "Many of our new members are from conservative areas with long histories of Republican representation. We are looking at potentially 70 — 70 — threatened Democrats who will need our support."

House Dems look ahead to tough cycle - Alex Isenstadt - Politico.com

Old 06-03-2009, 10:29 AM

3,564 posts, read 5,516,210 times
It fizzled almost as fast as hope and change.

Old 06-03-2009, 11:43 AM

12,669 posts, read 20,449,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
This is their main organization site.

taxdayteaparty.com - Traffic Details from Alexa...select the 3 Month history in case it doesn't come up.

They told us this was the start of a revolution?.....Tea Party revolution brewing
Since you are misinformed..............
On Saturday, July 4th, be part of the Taxed Enough Already (TEA) party rally in your community. Help organize a local TEA Party.
Obama adds 78,000 new employees to government payroll
2009 budget grows to a deficit of $1.8 trillion, more than four times higher than last year’s all time high and 50% of total budget
Government spending is filled with pork earmarks like this: The National Institutes of Health will pay $2.6 million in U.S. tax dollars to train Chinese prostitutes to drink responsibly on the job.

Official Tax Day TEA Party, July 4th, 2009

HuffPost has comprehensive coverage of the Tax Day Tea Party protests.

Click here for the latest photos and video.

Tax day will come and go, but it looks like the tea party movement is going to stick around for a while.

Rebecca Wales, lead organizer of the tax day protests in Washington, D.C., tells the Huffington Post that the tea party movement has only just begun. Additional tea parties are already in the works for Independence Day. (In the famous unpremeditated rant that got this whole movement started, CNBC's Rick Santelli said that he wanted a Chicago Tea Party in July).
"We already have tea parties being planned on July 4th," Wales said. "Somebody asked today [if we are] going to have a Million Person March. I don't know about that."
Despite wretched rainy weather and a lack of cooperation from authorities -- D.C. police

Tea Party Movement Plans Next Wave Of Protests For July 4 (VIDEO)

[SIZE=+2]Independence Day tea parties in 350 cities[/SIZE][SIZE=+1]Round 2 of tax protests scheduled for 47 states [/SIZE]
While WND has been tracking 34 upcoming tea parties across the nation, the American Family Association has posted a list of rallies in 366 cities and 47 states for July 4.
AFA is sponsoring Taxed Enough Already, or TEA, parties to be held at 12 p.m. in front of city halls across the nation.
The organization launched a Tea Party Day website before the Tax Day events so volunteer organizers may register their protests with AFA.

Independence Day tea parties in 350 cities

Old 06-03-2009, 11:58 AM

2,557 posts, read 5,861,916 times
Taxes on the county level are getting pretty bad too. I'm seriously considering moving to a different county in OK. The one I am in has grown to be the highest taxed county in the state. My termite infested home is not worth the property taxes the mayor has put on it with all her complexes she is building......... which I will not use anyway.

Old 06-03-2009, 01:42 PM

17,401 posts, read 11,978,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wade52 View Post
Maybe most of the "protesters" finally figured out they got a tax break. Before their first party.
I never got a tax break - I pay more than ever. And I make WAY less than $250,000 a year.

And the movement is alive and well - if you actually did a little research, you would know that there are many events planned for July 4.

Unlike the fickle left, the right does things for the long haul. Commitment, determination, and an end-goal means this thing will continue on. It won't be replaced by the newest drama. We have longer attention spans than that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies