Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2009, 10:56 AM

297 posts, read 349,159 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlottePirateFan View Post
Hundreds AND thousands huh?
Fair enough. Ya got me. He said hundreds daily.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2009, 11:08 AM

12,669 posts, read 20,449,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
And here we have YET ANOTHER classic example of the Right throwing one of their own under the bus because he DARES to criticize the most extreme members of that Right.

Typical.
Keep it up - eventually you'll have a "party of one".

Ken
WTH
So I made up this event of him hitting a woman with his car?
It has nothing to do with him daring anything except his violent act against a woman. I am sorry you cannot grasp that concept.
Or is it becoming once again ok to beat and abuse women in this country. Because a man did not like what she said or was doing?

Old 06-11-2009, 11:18 AM

20,460 posts, read 26,334,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
WTH
It has nothing to do with him daring anything except his violent act against a woman. I am sorry you cannot grasp that concept.
Or is it becoming once again ok to beat and abuse women in this country. Because a man did not like what she said or was doing?
The "event" you brought up was DISMISSED years ago.

It's just another pathetic attempt to smear the guy because you don't like what he said.
As I mentioned - just throwing him under the bus.

Ken

Old 06-11-2009, 11:22 AM

297 posts, read 349,159 times
Quote:
WTH
Classic strawman argument. NOBODY here has said that you either made the story up nor has anybody said that it is ok to abuse women.

What I said was this: You pulled out a 9 year old story on Shepherd Smith to try and impugn his character in order to dismiss his claims about receiving threatening emails from the right wing radical lunatics who worship FOX news.

I stand behind my statement 100%. That is exactly what you are trying to do.

I then cited several examples of the anger spewed constantly on FOX News, yet you chose to ignore them.

What are your thoughts on the Ann Coulter video I linked you to saying Jews need to be "perfected"? Or what about this one:

"If we took away women’s right to vote, we’d never have to worry about another Democrat president. It’s kind of a pipe dream, it’s a personal fantasy of mine, but I don’t think it’s going to happen. And it is a good way of making the point that women are voting so stupidly, at least single women." - Ann Coulter

Think Progress » Ann Coulter’s Disastrous Political Strategy: ‘Take Away Women’s Right To Vote’

Does this "outrage" you? Would you care to denounce her too? Or is she and her views acceptable to you, as a woman's rights advocate?

Old 06-11-2009, 11:25 AM

29,939 posts, read 39,468,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishvanguard View Post
He's more likely to get raped by Dave Letterman than attacked by a Republican.
Isn't it funny how they ignore the long standing highest crime rates in all their liberal cities like Chicago for example? Now they're all in a tizzy over a few people getting killed like that doctor or some police officers (of course neither was wanted). The 600 or so that die every year in Chicago is just business as usual...

Old 06-11-2009, 11:34 AM

29,939 posts, read 39,468,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlottePirateFan View Post
Hundreds AND thousands huh?
Apparently it's just better for these folks if they'd just go ahead and kill people. Threatening apparently has way m ore weight than actual murders...

I bet for every email he sees there are 2 inner city deaths in the top 5 liberal cities...

Old 06-11-2009, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
The "event" you brought up was DISMISSED years ago.

It's just another pathetic attempt to smear the guy because you don't like what he said.

Ken
NO it Was NOT dismissed! He was charged with the crime!

Old 06-11-2009, 11:36 AM

[quote=LordBalfor;9243543]The "event" you brought up was DISMISSED years ago.

Ken[/QUOTE

I think you are thinking of the left and people like Joe, Palin, and anyone else who dares to make obama look bad or speak up against him!

Old 06-11-2009, 11:38 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,159,646 times
Quote:
Yeah Shep is a all right kind of guy!

On Friday, Nov. 17, during the Florida presidential election fiasco, Smith was arrested for allegedly driving his car into another reporter who was standing in a parking space she attempted to save for a friend.
The victim, freelance journalist Maureen Walsh of Tallahassee, was hospitalized and released later the same day with bruises on her knees and legs.

According to Sgt. Edwin Maxwell, Walsh was standing across the street from the state capitol when Smith drove up and "shouted some profanities at her and basically just struck her, striking her at the knees, which threw her up on the car," he told the St. Petersburg Times.

Fox's Shepard Smith goes unpunished
Do you understand why it's in world net daily's best interest to demonize Shepherd Smith?

Old 06-11-2009, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by equality4all View Post
Classic strawman argument. NOBODY here has said that you either made the story up nor has anybody said that it is ok to abuse women.

What I said was this: You pulled out a 9 year old story on Shepherd Smith to try and impugn his character in order to dismiss his claims about receiving threatening emails from the right wing radical lunatics who worship FOX news.

Wrong again!

I am pointing out the other instance he has said about the "crazy birthers" How he has no right to throw stones when he lives in a glass house.
Its ok if you have trouble following along I hope this clears it up for you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies