Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2009, 08:30 AM

14,784 posts, read 24,097,080 times

Advertisements

Okay well here goes . Am I the only one thinking that maybe Obama and Michelle should forget the date night thing and stay their butts home when the rest of the country is having to watch every penny they spend and especially those of us that are unemployed . This burns my butt to no end and then he has the nerve to get on the tv and say that we are facing the greatest economic challenge ever ? Give me a break if you think that then maybe he and his wife should stay home . What say the rest of you ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2009, 10:17 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,810,305 times
This has been discussed many times in this forum. I suggest you do a search. Some prominent repubs on this forum have defended Obama, saying he needs his R and R. I agree.

Some people (not necessarily including you, OP) have NO IDEA of how much it costs to provide security for the pres. even if he stays home and watches videos. It's a non-issue.

Last edited by Katarina Witt; 06-13-2009 at 10:26 AM.. Reason: typo

Old 06-13-2009, 10:21 AM

3,536 posts, read 5,909,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
Okay well here goes . Am I the only one thinking that maybe Obama and Michelle should forget the date night thing and stay their butts home when the rest of the country is having to watch every penny they spend and especially those of us that are unemployed . This burns my butt to no end and then he has the nerve to get on the tv and say that we are facing the greatest economic challenge ever ? Give me a break if you think that then maybe he and his wife should stay home . What say the rest of you ?
Maybe they should move to the projects? Is that too fancy? Hell, everyone needs a little time to decompress. Every couple needs a little time to leave the house.

Old 06-13-2009, 10:23 AM

3,105 posts, read 3,292,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by that1guy View Post
Hell, everyone needs a little time to decompress. Every couple needs a little time to leave the house.

I'm conservative and I agree. Didn't mind when President Bush when back to Texas and don't mind the going out. It's got to be one of the most stressful jobs out there so it would be nice to get away for a bit.

Old 06-13-2009, 12:01 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,681,792 times
I think some people would criticize Obama for spending too much even if he stayed home and ate frozen pizza.

Old 06-13-2009, 12:20 PM

18,401 posts, read 19,031,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
not everyone is watching their pennies. obama has a job so he can take his wife out if he wants.

Old 06-13-2009, 12:37 PM

2,857 posts, read 6,727,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
not everyone is watching their pennies. obama has a job so he can take his wife out if he wants.
I haven't lost my job, and have invested adequately. My wife and I go out more than once a week. I just don't see how everyone is struggling, although I do have empathy for those who are. How does my not going out on a date with my wife help anyone who is unemployed?

Old 06-13-2009, 12:39 PM

10,655 posts, read 18,668,752 times
Going out on a date weekly actually HELPS the economy. If everyone stayed home instead, we'd have bigger problems.

Old 06-13-2009, 12:53 PM

18,401 posts, read 19,031,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by domino View Post
I haven't lost my job, and have invested adequately. My wife and I go out more than once a week. I just don't see how everyone is struggling, although I do have empathy for those who are. How does my not going out on a date with my wife help anyone who is unemployed?
I watch my pennies, just because I do doesn't mean I should be able to tell others they should stay home. people who go out and spend money do help the economy. the man has a hard job I think he should be able to get his mind off his work for an hour or so a week.

Old 06-13-2009, 01:21 PM

37,138 posts, read 42,234,436 times
If staying home helped then yes. But since it doesn't I say they can go out whenever they get the chance. I know I do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies