Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2009, 07:41 PM

4,458 posts, read 4,192,174 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
Yeah that is a really weird argument. They may be unconstitutional but they don't do anything anyway so it doesn't matter. Well what if one does something then what?
They get fired like the IG.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2009, 08:09 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times
Say do y'all mind if I become the "Scotch Tape Czar" ?

Someone needs to monitor the scotch tape in the US and make sure everyone gets their fair and equal share of scotch tape dispensers.

Now..I want an office, a nice salary, a staff, benefits and a pension. That's all.

I'll have press releases and announcements like:

"The office of the STC (Scotch Tape Czar) has fined Wallymart and Monsanto $18 billion dollars for hoarding cases of scotch tape in their office supply cabinets in an effort to bring scotch tape availability to every American and not just the select few."

Old 06-15-2009, 08:27 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
But if they usurp Congressional powers, as provided for in the Constitution, then Congress would raise the issue. Have they done so?
Isnt that what this thread is about?

Old 06-15-2009, 08:30 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times
Congress seems content to let all these Czars be named to watch over industries and payouts.
Where's Pelosi yelling that it's Congress' job to make sure the laws are carried out ?

Old 06-15-2009, 08:32 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,867,563 times
I thnik Obama is much like those in business who appopint assistance to deal with certain problems. What they like is the insulkation from actually seemign to be respeonsible themselves. Its easy to fire themn and say ;well I took care oif that problem with that assitant. I have always thought it was the no responsible way of doing things really. No one really believes they actually make imposrtnat decisions without the bosss knowing.Persoanolly 'I think too many assitanbts is the sign of a poor manager.

Old 06-15-2009, 08:34 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,634,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
Wait

Isnt Obama suppose to be this big constitutional lawyer? That he would understand it better then anyone else because he taught it / gave speeches in a class room about it. Whatever you wish to call it these days
I have wondered about this many times. If he knows the constitution, he doesn't care to abide by it. I still wonder if he is even qualified by the rules of the constitution to be our president. Nobody has proved it to me yet.

Old 06-15-2009, 08:41 PM

4,002 posts, read 3,905,930 times
Though I already knew the Democrats/Congress was going to jump on him (Obama), I didn't know they would start jumping so soon.

I gave Obama 18 months before the Democrats/Congress would begin to shut him down ... and here I see the beginning of his Lame Duck status starting after only 6 months in office ..

Sort of makes you feel changey-feeley all over, doesn't it?

I'm amazed.

Old 06-15-2009, 08:46 PM

4,002 posts, read 3,905,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
Wait

Isnt Obama suppose to be this big constitutional lawyer? That he would understand it better then anyone else because he taught it / gave speeches in a class room about it. Whatever you wish to call it these days
Yes

But the more you know the law, the more you can twist it to your advantage ...

Christians do the very same kinds of things with the Bible

Old 06-15-2009, 09:07 PM

2,522 posts, read 4,393,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
By the numbers:

18 - Number of Czars on the Russian throne during 300-years of the Romanoff dynasty

21 - Number of "czars" appointed by President Barack Obama in nearly 6 months

Democrats know no limits to big government. I am astounded by the sheer force of ignorance that put this guy in elected office.
Amen to that.
I'm thinking Obama doesn't believe he needs Congress.

Old 06-15-2009, 09:11 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
I have wondered about this many times. If he knows the constitution, he doesn't care to abide by it. I still wonder if he is even qualified by the rules of the constitution to be our president. Nobody has proved it to me yet.
I don't think Obama is doing anything unconstitutional. If you want to discuss Obama's eligibility, go find a "birther" thread. Please.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies