Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2009, 10:56 AM

609 posts, read 1,174,852 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
No disrespect, but why would you ask your own mindset (as it is obvious with your statement) what the other side really thinks? How would they know how the other side really thinks as they only view the other side from their perspective. In terms of trying to understand the other side, there is little to be gained from your own side.

If I want to understand the lefts view on something, I ask the left because they can explain to me in their own words what they believe. If they are unclear or I am still confused, I can ask more specific questions so they can clarify their meaning.

Whether you intended or not, your post only serves to reinforce your sides opinion of the other side, nothing more.
orrrr, because I know getting it from "your side" is biased and supported often by unquestioning, almost religious fervor that unquestionly believes what you are spoonfed... and who makes up all these governmental policies n ****.. hmmm the rich!?! maybe??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2009, 11:01 AM

13,053 posts, read 12,951,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leangk View Post
orrrr, because I know getting it from "your side" is biased and supported often by unquestioning, almost religious fervor that unquestionly believes what you are spoonfed... and who makes up all these governmental policies n ****.. hmmm the rich!?! maybe??
So, you are seeking the other sides view and you are worried about it being biased in its view? Please pick up a dictionary and check your words, you don't seem to understand the meaning of them.

You want reasoning for a position, ask. some gave reasons, you didn't offer further inquiry, you merely ranted how they are wrong. Keep on going about how you are really looking for a honest view. /boggle

Old 06-24-2009, 11:09 AM

609 posts, read 1,174,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
So, you are seeking the other sides view and you are worried about it being biased in its view? Please pick up a dictionary and check your words, you don't seem to understand the meaning of them.
oh i understand what biased means!! and there are different types!!!!

ill give a biased opinion on something for sure such as politics. i do and everyone does. just as youll also give me a biased opinion on my politics.

either way u cant avoid it. however i wanted a left wing biased opinion...

for example if we are tlaking about gay marriage, ill get a biased religious view saying "god hates all gays ect", but if i get a left wing "biased" view itll tend to be based more on the rationality that no gay person chooses to be gay!!

its something we are born unable to choose, just like any of what we like (ie soccer over baseball) you cant choose it!! and men and men can love eachother just as much as a man and women!!

look at my old posts!!! real old ones! i was constantly posting against gay marriage if u all remember/? but i changed.

Old 06-24-2009, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leangk View Post
however i wanted a left wing biased opinion...

Yes, I already stated that. You wanted to hear support for what you already believed.

Edit:

And as for the gay marriage thing, you won't get those ignorant answers for me. Though you will avoid those arguments because it is easier to pick out the fallacious ones and proclaim victory. Again, that is just seeking to massage an ego. Whatever floats your boat though, being ignorant on the positions isn't a crime.

Old 06-24-2009, 11:14 AM

3,564 posts, read 5,515,554 times
What are you talking aboot?

Old 06-24-2009, 11:16 AM

25,100 posts, read 39,261,360 times
My question is, why are some on the "left" so adamant about controlling another persons income?

It almost sounds like jealousy of the person who is making more -

Old 06-24-2009, 11:18 AM

12,669 posts, read 20,447,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
My question is, why are some on the "left" so adamant about controlling another persons income?

Yeah that is exactly what it is.
they want to be able to "play" 24 hours of the day and get a HUGE wage for it. Only it does not work that way unless you are a trust fund baby.
Most of us have to work for what we have and that is our reward for doing so.

Old 06-24-2009, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post

I would like to hear some logical reasoning as to that as well. Leangk, you want to explain this to us?

Old 06-24-2009, 11:30 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,783,759 times
For a post that asked for responses from the left wing there are certainly enough responses for the extreme right. What are you worried about? A really progressive income tax, maybe?

The idea that hard work will make you rich is the biggest myth the right has laid upon the citizenry. The likeliest thing hard work will get you is tired and broke. The way to riches in this economy is to have a unique talent like some of our actors and sports celebrities or to pick really rich parents in the first place. Or you could sell your heart and soul to Mammon. His recruiters are in every bank branch and stock broker’s office. However be aware that Mammon is the God of financiers and thieves.

Old 06-24-2009, 11:32 AM

25,100 posts, read 39,261,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
The idea that hard work will make you rich is the biggest myth the right has laid upon the citizenry. The likeliest thing hard work will get you is tired and broke.
I must disagree with the above.

And, I'm disagreeing by way of PERSONAL experience.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies