Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2009, 12:42 AM

29,391 posts, read 55,602,856 times

Advertisements

MIAMI (Reuters) - A fight broke out on a Florida bus when news of Michael Jackson's death sparked debate over whether he should be remembered as a great musical talent, and one passenger was charged with assault, police said on Friday.

Michael Jackson's death sparks bus brawl | Oddly Enough | Reuters
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2009, 12:50 AM

39,031 posts, read 23,023,210 times
Wow! What a stupid way to get yourself thrown in jail.

Old 06-28-2009, 03:20 AM

1,718 posts, read 2,299,942 times
"Life is tough. Life is even tougher if you're stupid."
- John Wayne

Some people just don't have the tools and life skills that many of us take for granted. This is a man who is aggressive, emotionally unstable and prone to violence. He lacks intelligence and impulse control. He probably comes from a broken, dysfunctional, single parent home and has a history of heavy drug and alcohol abuse.

He lacks the intelligence and vocabulary to adequately express his emotions and will, therefore, resort to violence. Contact with such an individual should be avoided if at all possible because you cannot predict what will be percieved as an insult and his reaction will likely be violent.

- Reel

Old 06-28-2009, 03:53 AM

38,643 posts, read 26,384,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
MIAMI (Reuters) - A fight broke out on a Florida bus when news of Michael Jackson's death sparked debate over whether he should be remembered as a great musical talent, and one passenger was charged with assault, police said on Friday.

Michael Jackson's death sparks bus brawl | Oddly Enough | Reuters

Note to self:

Never ride the bus in N. Lauderdale.

Old 06-28-2009, 03:59 AM

416 posts, read 407,986 times
Classic Yankee behaviour.

Old 06-28-2009, 04:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig121 View Post
Classic Yankee behaviour.
Not classic behavior but predictable behavior and not limited to Yankees.

- Reel

Old 06-28-2009, 04:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reelist in Atlanta View Post
Not classic behavior but predictable behavior and not limited to Yankees.

- Reel
The only case in the world where there has happened is Florida, so I say again, Classic Yankee Behaviour.

Old 06-28-2009, 04:46 AM

Quote:
The only case in the world where there has happened is Florida, so I say again, Classic Yankee Behaviour.
Whoooa! Wait a minute. I'm talking about an individual who resorts to violence because of a perceived insult. You think that Florida is the only place in the world where this has happened? You are joking of course. There is no way that you could be serious.

- Reel

Old 06-28-2009, 05:08 AM

I said that Florida was the only place a brawl has happened so far over MJ.

Old 06-28-2009, 05:25 AM

Quote:
I said that Florida was the only place a brawl has happened so far over MJ.
Oh, ok. At least that we know of anyway.

I believe this guy would have flown off the handle over anything that he perceived to be an insult. He was violence waiting to happen.

Discussing that fact that this happened because it was Michael Jackson introduces a racial element to the story. The perpetrator was Black and, obviously, Michael Jackson is Black. I'd be willing to bet that the bus driver was White. Otherwise, why would the perpetrator have felt so personally offended by the comment?

In any event, it would take the kind of person that I described to react the way this guy did. Most people with a half a brain would not react violently even if the insult WAS directed at them personally.

As far as Yankees out to defend Michael Jackson, I don't get that. Maybe you could elaborate.

- Reel
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies