Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2009, 07:11 AM

10,545 posts, read 13,585,253 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RABBI JOE View Post
Following the events of Governor Mark Sanford, honestly, I feel bad for him, terrible in fact. I feel sorry for all those involved.

But, I feel worse for all Americans. We are all lost in twisted logic. Let me explain.

One of the most abominable sins in all of moral history is homosexuality. The broad American public at large however, is asked to except this at large. One of the hottest political subjects and arguments today is that of the gay rights, and gay marriages. Something that throughout the world’s history has been known to be horrid and twisted. Uch!

Unfortunately, Governor Sanford succumbed to a hearts desire. Is it wrong? Yes! Is it normal….. Well far more normal then two men living together.

Now if Americans can quietly digest the disgust and filth of public homosexuality, why can the governor not be understood and forgiven.

Or am I missing something? Is it that he was not caught with another man.

May G-D forgive us all.
You've made quite a stretch to take the Sanford story and use it to bash homosexuals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2009, 07:15 AM

48,129 posts, read 22,004,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
^^ "pursuit of happiness" is from the Declaration of Independence, not the Constitution.

My bad. I knew that, too.

That's what happens when you post before you wake up.
But I think "equal protection under the law" is from the Constitution.

Old 07-02-2009, 07:18 AM

9,644 posts, read 9,846,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grasonville View Post
Nope - at the TIME it felt like the right thing - that's why it is called free will - I don't hold myself up as a paragon of virtue -people who do deserve what they get
So you have no morals no values no nothing just an empty soul and you dont believe in nothing?

Old 07-02-2009, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmg1 View Post
Actually he did break a couple of laws.

There is a very old law in SC about adultery. There is a fine and possible jail time.

S.C. Code of Laws Title 16 Chapter 15 Offenses Against Morality And Decency - www.scstatehouse.gov-LPITS (http://www.scstatehouse.gov/CODE/t16c015.htm - broken link)

Secondly, is he not the Commander in Chief of the SC National Guard?

There is an article in the Uniformed Code of Military Justice (UCMJ Article 134) on adultery.

Article 134— Adultery

I realize those "laws" are not really enforced anymore, but they are still on the books and he did break them.
I am sure there is old laws on the books that all of us have broken. Should we all be charged

Clinton was in CIC for the entire military and he cheated. He wasnt charged till he lied under oath

Old 07-02-2009, 07:21 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
Yes hes not a perfect man. I dont think anyone else. He messed up big time. now lets hang him because hes a R . Democrats can cheat on their spouses all day long and be loved. Now thats being a hypocrite also.

So you never mess up and do something you dont believe in doing?

I do and then I feel like junk for a while and try to not do it again. No one is perfect,
He's not being criticized so much because of the affair, but of disappearing w/o notifying anyone, lying about his whereabouts when he got caught, and general hypocrisy.

Old 07-02-2009, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
He's not being criticized so much because of the affair, but of disappearing w/o notifying anyone, lying about his whereabouts when he got caught, and general hypocrisy.
He told on himself there really isnt much more he could have done. He didnt have to say ok look I was here and I cheated on my wife that put my out of the house weeks ago.

He is human. He made a mistake. We all make them. This is between him and his state and his family now.

He is the new John Edwards that really lied about many things and his wife has or had cancer. Where you all this concerned over his cheating?

Guess I am the democrat and dont care about his personal life. Hes done in politics. So now its none of my business

And yes he is there is many post calling him a hypocrite because he claims to have morals.

I would like to think we all have morals but sometimes fall short of those morals since none are perfect

Old 07-02-2009, 07:27 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Quote:
He told on himself there really isnt much more he could have done. He didnt have to say ok look I was here and I cheated on my wife that put my out of the house weeks ago.

He is human. He made a mistake. We all make them. This is between him and his state and his family now.

He is the new John Edwards that really lied about many things and his wife has or had cancer. Where you all this concerned over his cheating?

Guess I am the democrat and dont care about his personal life. Hes done in politics. So now its none of my business

And yes he is there is many post calling him a hypocrite because he claims to have morals.

I would like to think we all have morals but sometimes fall short of those morals since none are perfect
Yes.

He only confessed when he got caught. He set a deliberate course of deception, and left the state w/o informing his next in command.

Old 07-02-2009, 07:27 AM

1,867 posts, read 4,078,692 times
Quote:
Didnt think democrats cared what people did in their bedrooms. Guess they care only if they have an R by their name
We care when the person having the affair railed against Bill Clinton for doing the very same thing. You're not at all stricken by the hypocrisy of people like Gingrich, who sanctimoniously impeached Bill Clinton WHILE they were having the affair? Self-riteous FAKES is all I can say!

Old 07-02-2009, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Yes.

He only confessed when he got caught. He set a deliberate course of deception, and left the state w/o informing his next in command.
He got caught not hiking. He didnt get caught cheating. He could have kept the lie going.

Clinton lied yet was still loved So whats good for one should be good for the other

lets not act like this is about a lie

Old 07-02-2009, 07:31 AM

297 posts, read 349,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RABBI JOE View Post
Following the events of Governor Mark Sanford, honestly, I feel bad for him, terrible in fact. I feel sorry for all those involved.

But, I feel worse for all Americans. We are all lost in twisted logic. Let me explain.

One of the most abominable sins in all of moral history is homosexuality. The broad American public at large however, is asked to except this at large. One of the hottest political subjects and arguments today is that of the gay rights, and gay marriages. Something that throughout the world’s history has been known to be horrid and twisted. Uch!

Unfortunately, Governor Sanford succumbed to a hearts desire. Is it wrong? Yes! Is it normal….. Well far more normal then two men living together.

Now if Americans can quietly digest the disgust and filth of public homosexuality, why can the governor not be understood and forgiven.

Or am I missing something? Is it that he was not caught with another man.

May G-D forgive us all.
Yay! Another gay bashing thread by another homophobic BIGOT.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies