Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-07-2009, 08:57 AM

5,376 posts, read 5,346,581 times

Advertisements

Canada and Russia, both northern and oil-rich, are making the least progress in cutting carbon- dioxide emissions among the major economies, a new study shows.

Canada, Russia Considered Climate ‘Bad Boys’ Among G8 Nations - Bloomberg.com

darn those canadians for being better then us again......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2009, 08:59 AM

Location: I currently exist only in a state of mind. one too complex for geographic location.
4,196 posts, read 5,843,743 times
better watch out. we are going to make the eco terrorists mad if we don't cut our carbon.

Old 07-07-2009, 09:22 AM

44,882 posts, read 33,268,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plannine View Post
Canada and Russia, both northern and oil-rich, are making the least progress in cutting carbon- dioxide emissions among the major economies, a new study shows.

Canada, Russia Considered Climate ‘Bad Boys’ Among G8 Nations - Bloomberg.com

darn those canadians for being better then us again......
Not all countries in the world are worried about doing anything about carbon emissions with so little proof of global warming being caused by carbon. So far the only proof we have is the "consensus" of many scientists who aren't exactly involved in weather and what causes it. Too many who are involved in it are saying that it is the sun which is to blame but Algore and his friends don't stand to make a lot of money if we don't follow warmer fears.

I wonder why I saw no mention of India and China in that article. I am sure that Canada can't touch either one of them. The worst polluter in the world, China, doesn't get much press about how all of their urban people have to wear masks just to breathe. Canada is still far from that bad.

Old 07-07-2009, 09:55 AM

2,521 posts, read 2,349,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Not all countries in the world are worried about doing anything about carbon emissions with so little proof of global warming being caused by carbon. So far the only proof we have is the "consensus" of many scientists who aren't exactly involved in weather and what causes it. Too many who are involved in it are saying that it is the sun which is to blame but Algore and his friends don't stand to make a lot of money if we don't follow warmer fears.

I wonder why I saw no mention of India and China in that article. I am sure that Canada can't touch either one of them. The worst polluter in the world, China, doesn't get much press about how all of their urban people have to wear masks just to breathe. Canada is still far from that bad.
Genius, India and China are not part of the G8.

You can't possibly believe that Global Warming is just some scam thought up by Al Gore in 2003, can you?

You do realize that it's been a topic in science for decades and Gore was just bringing scientific studies to the ignorant masses. Clearly, he failed in helping with the ignorance, because you and your friends have proven time and time again that you are impervious to information, science and education.

BTW, I don't like Gore, didn't vote for him, never saw "Inconvenient Truth" and am a Republican...I just have an education and have personally seen how ice capped peaks have become bone dry.

Old 07-07-2009, 10:08 AM

769 posts, read 887,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pug Life View Post
Genius, India and China are not part of the G8.

You can't possibly believe that Global Warming is just some scam thought up by Al Gore in 2003, can you?

You do realize that it's been a topic in science for decades and Gore was just bringing scientific studies to the ignorant masses. Clearly, he failed in helping with the ignorance, because you and your friends have proven time and time again that you are impervious to information, science and education.

BTW, I don't like Gore, didn't vote for him, never saw "Inconvenient Truth" and am a Republican...I just have an education and have personally seen how ice capped peaks have become bone dry.
I don't think he's saying Al Gore "invented" GW, he is saying that movie was terribly inaccurate, Al Gore will make a generous fortune (GIM, Riehl World View: Al Gore's Inconvenient Loot) from Climate legislation which he claimed he had no vested interest in besides his humanity bleeding heart, and that the IPCC "consensus" is horse hockey and many scientist (growing number) believe that forces beyond our border may be responsible for the warming trend.

Old 07-07-2009, 10:34 AM

2,521 posts, read 2,349,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WalterK View Post
I don't think he's saying Al Gore "invented" GW, he is saying that movie was terribly inaccurate, Al Gore will make a generous fortune (GIM, Riehl World View: Al Gore's Inconvenient Loot) from Climate legislation which he claimed he had no vested interest in besides his humanity bleeding heart, and that the IPCC "consensus" is horse hockey and many scientist (growing number) believe that forces beyond our border may be responsible for the warming trend.
Al Gore used his position and his celebrity to bring attention to an issue that hadn't been getting enough. Just like Jimmy Carter did after his disaster of a presidency, Gore was determined to be a better ex-official than he was as an official.

"Forces beyond our border"...doesn't that mean GLOBAL? Isn't that what it's all about? We, as Americans, can't act alone and expect anything to get better, we're just 5% of the population of the world. This "growing number of scientists" still makes up a pathetic fraction of the worlds climate experts.

I just think some people are so blinded by partisanship and by ignorance that they are unwilling to accept that Al Gore could actually be on the right side of a debate. Every scientist I've seen on your (wrong) side of the debate has been in the pocket of an oil or energy corporation...most of the ones on my side don't stand to gain anything from increased attention on Global warming except a future without major cities being flooded and ice caps melting onto cities below.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies