Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2009, 11:10 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,268,118 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar51 View Post
No kidding! Why drag up a story from '06, just to spread some venom around?
Then, why ramble on to poor, dead Michael Jackson? I especially admire "another Kennedy dirtbag." Removes any question of objectivity, huh? Written with such tact and sensitivity...and without a central thesis. It's said that beating a pillow and yelling at it relieves some of that bottled-up anger.
I will guess that you didn't manage to see any of the news on June 26 when they "broke" Kennedy out of the rehab place so he could vote on the Crap and Tax bill because Nasty Nancy wasn't sure she could win the vote. The funny part of that all was that there were 8 Republicans who owned some stock in companies that stand to make money if that bill becomes law. Yep, Kennedy took a day off, so he could vote. I suppose that is his first vote since putting himself away.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2009, 11:28 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,015,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by migee View Post
You are right..I posted the wrong article...Here is the current story about the current trip to rehab...

I simply posted the wrong link..I guess some people don;t really read the news.

The Sleuth - Reps. Kennedy and Sullivan Out of Rehab
Did it escape your notice that Sullivan is a Republican? What...he gets a "Get Out Of Rehab Free" card? Or maybe some people have monovision when it comes to politics and read only that which interests them, instead of the entire article. Most people are able to view others who have successfully completed rehab (like the courageous Betty Ford) as having made a difficult but positive change in their lives.

Old 07-08-2009, 08:02 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,878,374 times
Quote:
Yes, or back Palin.

But, in all fairness, let me ask you this.

Compare Palin to Caroline Kennedy - As far as qualities to run for office. Not for VP (that I do not think she was qualified for) - But for Senator or Congresswoman?

Would you not have to agree that Palin did lift herself to her position?

Ignoring her ideology...Keeping in mind that she was pounced on (there is no argument about that...Even ratings hungry Letterman got in on the act).

Would you say that she was pretty much in a position that she was being bullied?...You know, ganged up on.

I'm not a fan of hers at all...But, the media acted like schoolyard bullies with her.
The media wouldn't have acted the way they did if Palin had demonstrated more command of the topics that came up. Palin is not stupid, she won a governorship because she has some charm or charisma, and because she's politically savvy. She has a ruthless edge that serves her well in politics. But you need more than that to succeed in politics. In Alaska, Palin knew who the political players were. She knew the history and the context of the political policies. She knew the constituents there. But in national politics, Palin was over her head. And didn't seem interested in learning about any of the relevant issues. Caroline Kennedy might not have that Palin charm. She really doesn't seem to have any ruthlessness at all. But Caroline Kennedy does know the power structure inside and out on the national level. She knows the issues, she knows the policies, she knows how to navigate the national political system. Kennedy was book-smart, Palin is street-smart. Both could benefit by taking a page out of the other's book.

Old 07-08-2009, 08:12 AM

11,887 posts, read 36,922,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Reps. Patrick Kennedy (D-R.I.) and John Sullivan (R-Okla.)

Isn't that an "R" after Sullivan's name????

Both Democrats and Republicans in Congress are an eyesore to me. They all need to be outed; every single, stinking one of them. They make me sick.

Old 07-08-2009, 08:18 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,123,773 times
Quote:
Does the world need any more proof that our country is just a hypocritical field of crap. Do we need any more proof that the left leaning, liberal extablishment of this country (especially the media) is just purely composed of the demented of our society.

Gov. Palin is haunted and taunted to no end, because the left-wingnuts don't agree with all of her values - Yet, another drunken, drug-addict idiot Kennedy (a family that is truly the scum of the earth) get's not only a free ride from the media - The damn police drive him home to help him avoid controversy.

USATODAY.com - Rep. Kennedy's rehab stint may not be career obstacle

Let's stop kidding ourselves - Our country is pretty much contolled by overzealous, whacked-out freaks - Democrats, media, the left-wingnut education establishment (brainwashing the children).

I posted the wrong link (though it does give a good history, and is valid). But here is the current story about the current trip to rehab (And there are more links if you simply research it...You won;t find it in most of the media).

The Sleuth - Reps. Kennedy and Sullivan Out of Rehab

"Hey, even Whacko Jacko has been redeemed!"...Yeah!!! By overdosing himself!...Good move! Killing yourself always cleans the slate!

It's absolutely pathethic to read a newspaper or watch a news channel these days...It's just crap!

This idiot (Kennedy) doesn't even have the integrity to resign...But, then again, the demented Democrats will not allow him to be impeached, and let's not forget the morons that keep voting for him (and the others).

I just hope that the Catholic Church is right about everything...And Ted Kennedy burns in Hell for what he did to that girl (and got away with it, and has been re-elected over and over by people that are betrayers to their own religion).
It will be a good day when this earth is rid of any and every Kennedy that is in, or aspires, to political office. JFK's coat tail is thoroughly worn out.

Old 07-08-2009, 08:28 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,150,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I will guess that you didn't manage to see any of the news on June 26 when they "broke" Kennedy out of the rehab place so he could vote on the Crap and Tax bill because Nasty Nancy wasn't sure she could win the vote. The funny part of that all was that there were 8 Republicans who owned some stock in companies that stand to make money if that bill becomes law. Yep, Kennedy took a day off, so he could vote. I suppose that is his first vote since putting himself away.
Kennedy was not in jail, he was free to leave anytime. He was doing his JOB....he didn't run scared and quit when the going got tough....like a well known quitter did.

Sullivan , who got out the same time is a Republican. Did he vote?

Old 07-09-2009, 10:06 PM

1,332 posts, read 1,990,034 times
Default I'm back to answer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
No idea if she was drunk, seeing as how they didn't bother to run any sobriety tests. At a minimum, she was reckless. And she killed another person with her car and didn't serve a day in prison. But I doubt you'd speak as ill of her as you do of Ted Kennedy.

What was the title of this thread again? Something about hypocrisy?
She ran a stop sign...Like every driver in the world, including you and me, did at one time or another...Or we ran a light by mistake. (Only a liar would deny that).

That is why it is considered a traffic violation...It is completely different than getting behind the wheel of a car drunk, driving into a body of water, leaving a defensless passenger to die....That is criminal, not a traffic violation.

Read the newpapers - There are plenty of incidences in which people do make traffic violations, like running a stop sign, cause harm to someone, and they are not put in jail for it.

And as bad as it may seem, as injust as it may seem - The truth is these tragedies occur from common, human errors - Not an irresponsible act like getting drunk and driving. Like Ted Kennedy.

Old 07-09-2009, 10:14 PM

1,332 posts, read 1,990,034 times
Default Here we go...Naming names, labeling with labels...

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
So now you're moving to race baiting from being a simple troll.
Interesting.

What does who anyone chooses to be in a relationship with have anything to do with anything? Are you going to look for homosexuals in their family, too?
Look up the meaning of race baiting and troll...

This is the best you can come up with?

Read what I wrote...It was a good (spontaneous) thought in response to what the individual posted.

It's a good question that I ask...And I do think that I will follow up on it in another thread....

It's so easy to pick apart the Kennedy's and Pelosis of the world. They're made of clay.

Old 07-09-2009, 10:20 PM

7,138 posts, read 14,639,213 times
The Kennedy's are Camelot Past. And a soulless, mindless people want to keep it alive, and having nothing else to worship must have their fallible idols/icons. Let's not be too cruel, it is an insatiable human craving that won't go away. Does seem a bit misguided though, and appears to be continuing on with Camelot Present... by the new surname Obama.

Old 07-10-2009, 04:53 PM

6,022 posts, read 7,829,350 times
Quote:
Did she stay on the scene?...Was she drunk?

How about all the facts?
if she wasnt drunk thats even worse cause she knew what she was doing

regardless she should have been charged with vehicular homicide
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies