Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2009, 10:11 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,761,129 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by maskedman View Post
Several ways:
1. Allow insurance companies to sell in any state, this will increase competition and drive down costs to the consumer and should eliminate people being declined coverage or being dropped all of a sudden.
2. have insurance setup in a simple to understand set of choices so you control exactly what you pay for and what you want or don't want
3. Tax credit to help pay for insurance
4. Allow consumers to use HSA funds to pay for insurance premiums
Why didn't they do this when THEY had the majority and the Presidency?? Answer- because they REALLY don't want to change a thing!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2009, 10:12 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,264,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
What ideas? This was the only line from that story that even approached an answer:

"The Senators said that above all else, Republicans want healthcare plans that average Americans can afford."

Great. Now, how?
Whatever Dirty Harry can get passed with his Super 60 vote. I don't think he can manage anything in the short time Our Glorious Leader has given him.

Old 07-09-2009, 10:14 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,761,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by j33 View Post
I suspect from your posts you are a troll, because even the most politically conservative of my friends has a bit of an understanding there is a bit of a problem with how we approach healthcare, and paying for it, even if they do not agree with each other (or me) about the solution.

I can't believe that anyone, who is being honest with him or herself, could have such an inhuman approach toward ones fellow human beings.

Apparently you do not know very many Republicans!

Old 07-09-2009, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViewFromThePeak View Post
(covering ears)

Lalalalalala...I can't hear you!!!!

(uncovers ears)

If you didn't say "single payer system", I didn't hear a word you said.
Spoken like a true left handed person.

Old 07-09-2009, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by j33 View Post
And what about those who find themselves unemployed. Or the children of the working poor, what do you suggest they do?
Are you saying that you don't know about S-Chip for those children? No wonder so many people keep talking about children not having any insurance.

Old 07-09-2009, 10:19 PM

2,984 posts, read 5,856,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
If the House Dems are rebelling, you can bet the Senate dems are even more nervous.

Hot Air » Blog Archive » House Dems rebel against health-care reform

I guess the dems are looking at those poll numbers of obama's and getting cold feet. Remember, Pelosi and Rahm recruited conservative democrats in conservative districts to run against incumbent Republicans in 2006 & 2008.

Health care overhaul bill suffers another setback - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090709/ap_on_go_co/us_health_care_overhaul - broken link)

Blue Dogs coming back to bite the Hag in the A**.
This is starting to look like the failed Clinton plan of the 1990's. Going, going and soon to be gone.

Old 07-09-2009, 10:23 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,472,986 times
Obama and Pelosi are rushing them. They have a start of a plan but need to hammer out details.
They need to find a decent way to pay for it that doesn't crater the middle class that have insurance.

Something this big takes time. And maybe they need to do it piecemeal with a few bills and not try to redo the entire system in one fell swoop.

Old 07-09-2009, 10:24 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,667,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stac2007 View Post
This is starting to look like the failed Clinton plan of the 1990's. Going, going and soon to be gone.
Some people will undoubtedly complain about anything Democrats do. My guess is that they want to see Democrats fail, even if it means that nothing gets done to reduce health care costs. They want to punish all Americans if they don't get things their way.

Old 07-09-2009, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Obama and Pelosi are rushing them. They have a start of a plan but need to hammer out details.
They need to find a decent way to pay for it that doesn't crater the middle class that have insurance.

Something this big takes time. And maybe they need to do it piecemeal with a few bills and not try to redo the entire system in one fell swoop.
But the real leaders of the party don't care about any reforms. They are only interested in something that will turn out to be socialized medicine run by a bureaucracy appointed by them.

Old 07-09-2009, 10:27 PM

2,984 posts, read 5,856,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Some people will undoubtedly complain about anything Democrats do. My guess is that they want to see Democrats fail, even if it means that nothing gets done to reduce health care costs. They want to punish all Americans if they don't get things their way.
And how does one pay for such a huge spending bill when the economy is on the brink of crashing? Its summer, why don't we tax all the lemonade stands on every block!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies