Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2009, 09:44 AM

19,567 posts, read 21,870,208 times

Advertisements

Because I read your link...

Those 7900 positions available include " seasonal employees in Lowe's stores, to team members in regional distribution centers, to miscellaneous positions in the corporate office."

Easy huh?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2009, 09:46 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury Cougar View Post
Anyone who can't find a job in that length of time isn't trying to find work. How long does unemployment last now? With the extensions, isn't something like eight months that it can be stretched out?

Yeah, if you can't find a job in that amount of time, you aren't trying very hard.
Try telling that to my several neighbors who have been out of work for a year now. One is 58 years old.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyandJusticeforAll View Post
We woke up and elected Reagan :-)
LOL, LOL, LOL! Reagan was elected in 1980, and then unemployment went up, due to his loony economic policies.

Old 07-15-2009, 09:50 AM

2,541 posts, read 2,738,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
I have been on unemployment once,lasted a few months and that was that.

But I am wondering what happens when benefits run out and you are still unemployed,what is the person supposed to do???

Jobless benefits run out in record numbers - CharlotteObserver.com (http://www.charlotteobserver.com/408/story/831920.html - broken link)
Find a foreclosed house hopefully with the water and electric still on, break in as clean as possible and camp out, or else look for the nearest tent city.

Old 07-15-2009, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Try telling that to my several neighbors who have been out of work for a year now. One is 58 years old.
Lazy bastard....he should be mowing someone's lawn.

Quote:
LOL, LOL, LOL! Reagan was elected in 1980, and then unemployment went up, due to his loony economic policies.
Well according to your fellow friends on the left,unemployment is a lagging indicator...

Old 07-15-2009, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freefall View Post
Find a foreclosed house hopefully with the water and electric still on, break in as clean as possible and camp out, or else look for the nearest tent city.
Or strip the house of anything valuable and sell it.

I believe when people are in dire straits this is considered understandable if not permissable.

Old 07-15-2009, 09:55 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,198,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdavid002 View Post
Step 1 - remove glock from holster
Step 2 - make sure it is loaded
Step 3 - you know the rest
Historicaly, those without the means to make an honest living will steal from those who do. Get ready for a whole bunch of it!

Old 07-15-2009, 10:02 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times
Quote:

Well according to your fellow friends on the left,unemployment is a lagging indicator...
Everyone is mowing their own lawns these days out here.

I'm aware that unemployment is a lagging indicator. However, your buds on the right think Obama should have everything fixed by now. According to them, it's all Obama's fault, and none of his predecessor's. Either that, or they go all the way back to Carter to lay blame.

Old 07-15-2009, 10:06 AM

20,460 posts, read 26,334,196 times
Quote:

Yeah, but it's not THREE YEARS lagging - more like a year at most.

Reagan DID cause unemployment to rise - just as he caused interest rates to shoot through the roof. In the case of both of these, they were more or less deliberate and were done to cool the economy off enough to rid it of inflation. It certainly cured the inflation (that had plagued Carter) - but it was at the cost of jobs and the overall economy. Once the inflation was tamed, then the economy was allowed to grow again - and the whole process took several PAINFUL years. As someone who voted Reagan (twice) I think it was a necessary evil at the time.

Ken

Old 07-15-2009, 10:06 AM

Quote:

I'm aware that unemployment is a lagging indicator. However, your buds on the right think Obama should have everything fixed by now. According to them, it's all Obama's fault, and none of his predecessor's. Either that, or they go all the way back to Carter to lay blame.
I consider it ALL of the people's fault.

We keep electing these fools and we keep buying into a system based upon debt.

Obama is no different to the rest,if you think he isn't you are part of the problem in my opinion.

Old 07-15-2009, 10:07 AM

20,460 posts, read 26,334,196 times
Quote:

Yup - like there were no GOP Presidents in between.

LOL

Ken
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies