Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2009, 11:17 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,674,422 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukester View Post
I watched your link... She was still babbling on after Beck cut her off. Lord help the Republican Party is all I can say.
I know. It's funny. He had had enough of her drivel!

According to Bachmann, if you fill out the Census form, you're putting yourself at risk of being hauled off to an internment camp.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2009, 09:45 AM

433 posts, read 1,770,031 times
Page 16 of the bill. Read it. It will make getting private insurance illegal. Lose your job-you must go on the government plan. Quit you job and start your own business-you must go on the government plan.

The government will let you keep your insurance until the decide you can't keep your insurance.

Old 07-17-2009, 10:24 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,822,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boilrmkr View Post
Page 16 of the bill. Read it. It will make getting private insurance illegal. Lose your job-you must go on the government plan. Quit you job and start your own business-you must go on the government plan.

The government will let you keep your insurance until the decide you can't keep your insurance.
Because Rush told you so... it must be exactly what he said!

Old 07-17-2009, 10:53 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,941,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukester View Post
On Dennis Miller’s radio show today,
Rep. Michele Bachmann (R-MN) attacked
the bill, claiming that it plainly stated
that Americans would be forced out of
their current health care plans “within
five years”:

The House bill actually increases the
number of people who receive coverage
through their employer by 2 million
(in 2019) and shifts most of the uninsured
into private coverage.

Think Progress » Bachmann Misreads House Health Bill To Claim ‘Whatever Health Care You Have Now’ Will Be Gone In 5 Years

I am truly convinced that this nutjob is clinically insane...
Thanks for posting some truth on the subject, I see the rightie sheep are already trying to post their latest propaganda, and looking foolish for doing so, but that is what one gets when they believe without question when their leaders speak.
Have an Excellent Weekend,
Casper

Old 07-17-2009, 11:11 AM

6,022 posts, read 7,830,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Read it? Why would they do that? That would take away time from calling Bachman a crazy ignoramus. She's probably insane from all that reading of bills before voting on them, right libs? The sane representatives just believe what their told and vote the way Obama, Pelosi and Reed tell them to.
dont republicans do the same

Old 07-17-2009, 11:45 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,867,563 times
After 5 years if your insurnace can not compete with governamnt plan whcih has all teh advanatges in cost has we see they can mandate what hospitals and providers charge looking at medciare and medaicid then they wilkl disapear. If you look at medicare and medicaid paying 20 and 30% less to providers now then it stands to reason.There is little doubt thatdemo0crats want to really creat universal opn epayer system in this country.They then can epand taxes andd fees to the level that they have in europe and other places.They alos can mandate treatment and ration as they see fit like is happening in europe.All it takes is looking at what Obama said he would do but has consdier already to finance health care rpograms which include taxing insurance benfits of workers( vote reacted) ;how taxing insurance itself. In the end consumers will pay the bill one way or another ;its just find what tax or fee they can get pass the voters.Its a game of getting people to believe that their is a free lunch really.

Old 07-17-2009, 12:25 PM

221 posts, read 379,734 times
Of course, everyone and their brother is analyzing what is going on and thinking, "This is
terrible!" Well, maybe that's because it is.

At the link over at wnd.com
WorldNetDaily

"So we can all keep our coverage, just as promised – with, of course, exceptions: Those who currently have private individual coverage won't be able to change it. Nor will those who leave a company to work for themselves be free to buy individual plans from private carriers," Investor's Business Daily reported. "What wasn't known until now is that the bill itself will kill the market for private individual coverage by not letting any new policies be written after the public option becomes law," IBD states.

I say, "It doesn't matter what Joe average or IBD or any normal minded thinking person says. The dems are in power and they know that they had better sign ANYthing into law before Kennedy dies and before the August recess. Who cares if it is total expensive absurdity? They have the power may as well wheel it to the full extent 'cause next election......they're OUT!"

Old 07-17-2009, 12:33 PM

10,655 posts, read 18,665,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boilrmkr View Post

You didn't read it, or you'd know that is not the case.

No one will be forced to go on the Government plan.

Page 16 applies to Grandfather clause for current plans.

Old 07-17-2009, 12:45 PM

5,165 posts, read 6,053,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Who's willing to bet she didn't even read it, much less misread it, before being the blabber mouth that she is.

And even if she were to, you can bet, she would have twisted it to fit her political drivel anyway.
For every Bachmann there is a Boxer, For every Palin there is a Pelosi.

We are Governed by complete incompetence.

Old 07-17-2009, 12:49 PM

3,555 posts, read 7,850,710 times
I was unsure if I should even enter this thread because there were some obvious problems;

Bachmann "read" or "misread". C'mon, with those glassy eyes are you sure she can read. Back in my Air Force days we were told to be on the lookout for the younger enlisted ranks being on pot. Glassy eyes was one tip-off.

Someone had told me that Beck kind of acted like she was nuts. When the insane think that you are insane, WOW.

I did hear or read that there are at least two Dems and an Independent (they have those in MN) that are thinking of challenging her next year. One is the guy that she edged out last Novemenber. He got a lot of donations because of her "melt-down" (it turns out that she's really that crazy all the time) on "Hardball" last October. Had that come a bit earlier (Tinklenberg?) he might have whipped her. I gave up to the max to the guy and I'll do it again.

Although I will miss the comedy when she's gone.

golfgod
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies