Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2009, 05:30 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,941,526 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reelist in Atlanta View Post
Well, all the signs were there. There were those who tried to tell us. The people just saw what they wanted to see.
Yes, the end of the Bush doctrine or if you will, the lesser of two evils. If the Repubs can reform their Party and actually present a candidate that American voters can back they might have a chance in the future, otherwise .... well that is that, get used to President Obama. Clue to all, bitching and whineing without viable alternative solutions is pointless, the American People already proved they are no longer buying into half truths and wild accusations without question, those days are done and over. Instead try fixing your own house, get the RHINOs out of your Party, come up with some real solutions to the issues, complain away when the complaint is based on reality and not just hate for the man or adminsitration, ie; don't become what you claimed the Left was during the Bush years. The ball is your court, hit it back or just ignore it, your choice.
Casper
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2009, 06:20 AM

3,199 posts, read 4,317,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Yes, and just think all it took to push this poster over the edge was Obama responding to a question asked by some idiot reporter in the midst of what I thought was supposed to be a conversation about health care reform.
In the past he has had no problem admonishing and scolding the press when they stray off topic.

Quote:
“Guys, we’re talking about housing right now.”
Quote:
"I don’t want you to waste your question"
He answers what suits him.

Old 07-24-2009, 06:33 AM

6,565 posts, read 14,297,629 times
He shouldn't have said that he "Didn't know all the facts" and then continue to say that the police "Acted stupidly".... Well how can you make deterimination without knowing all the facts?

However, that some seem to think we should impeach him for it or something would lead me to believe that they never had any intent on "giving him a chance" no matter what they claim....

Old 07-24-2009, 06:39 AM
j33

4,626 posts, read 14,089,265 times
I can fully admit, as an Obama supporter, that he 'acted stupidly' in answering that question, as stated above, he should have stated "I don't know all the facts" and let it lie there. However, giving someone a chance involves looking at the sum of ones actions, and not trying to eke out 'gotcha moments' here and there when someone slips up and says something stupid. You're post doesn't strike me as one who was trying to 'give him a chance'. Your posts strikes me as a 'OMG, he said something stupid, this is proof of what I believed about him all along, I'm going to start threads pretending that I'm shocked and thus will hopefully convince the small-minded and thick that I was indeed an ardent supporter who is completely willing to reverse all prior thoughts and beliefs because of this single slip up'.

Old 07-24-2009, 06:45 AM

3,199 posts, read 4,317,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhett_Butler View Post
However, that some seem to think we should impeach him for it or something would lead me to believe that they never had any intent on "giving him a chance" no matter what they claim....
Point out where somebody called for his impeachment over this or turn down the sensationalism to excuse everything Obama does.
Isn't "over exaggeration" what you lefties accuse Hannity and Rush of all the time?

Old 07-24-2009, 07:06 AM

4,104 posts, read 5,310,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by migee View Post
He's stuck in "Local politics payback" mode. He hasn't grown out of it.
He hasn't grown out of it because he has not grown up. He is intellectually immature. He is an extreme narcissist. In fairness, this is common with many politicians.

The same psychiatrist who "diagnosed" Bush's personality disorders (and whom the Democrats loved then) has stated that Obama has a serious personality disorder. The Democrats probably hate him now!

The last mature President we had was Bush I.

Narcissism is not just a character flaw, but a mental disorder. Pathological narcissists are dangerous because they look normal and they are intelligent, when in reality they live in a bubble world of fantasy. It is this incoherence, this disjunction between reality and fantasy that makes them overly confident, self-assured and authoritative.

Old 07-24-2009, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allydriver View Post
Point out where somebody called for his impeachment over this or turn down the sensationalism to excuse everything Obama does.
Isn't "over exaggeration" what you lefties accuse Hannity and Rush of all the time?
It's called hyperbole ally, yes....

If you actually take the time to read my intent, I'm saying that this is a MAJOR overreaction to something that isn't a big deal. He was wrong IMO... Maybe 3 or 4 more threads will suffice?

And I laugh at being called a "lefty"... You DO realize that Obama received support in his election from more than just the Democratic Party, right? But I'll deal with it so long as I can call you a 'Neo-Con' from now on without knowing you since you don't like Obama and it must be that if you don't like him that you ARE a 'Neo-Con', right?

That's how this game works with the labels and all, correct?

Please enlighten me.

Old 07-24-2009, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOPATTA2D View Post
He hasn't grown out of it because he has not grown up. He is intellectually immature. He is an extreme narcissist. In fairness, this is common with many politicians.

The same psychiatrist who "diagnosed" Bush's personality disorders (and whom the Democrats loved then) has stated that Obama has a serious personality disorder. The Democrats probably hate him now!

The last mature President we had was Bush I.

Narcissism is not just a character flaw, but a mental disorder. Pathological narcissists are dangerous because they look normal and they are intelligent, when in reality they live in a bubble world of fantasy. It is this incoherence, this disjunction between reality and fantasy that makes them overly confident, self-assured and authoritative.
Who is this psychiatrist that you speak of and can you link to his comment? I'd like to see it...

Old 07-24-2009, 07:27 AM

11,155 posts, read 15,708,272 times
This one little question is what pushes you over the edge on Obama? Granted, he should have just dodged it (but then he'd be taking flack for that), but is this really the monumental moment that just ends it for you with Obama?

Something tells me your notion of giving him a chance is more akin to pretending you care who wins NASCAR rather than just waiting for a firey pile-up.

Old 07-24-2009, 07:36 AM

4,604 posts, read 8,232,791 times
From migee, in the OP...

Quote:
As Lincoln said -' You can fool some of the people some of the time - But you can't fool all of the people all of the time".
As Obama said continually in his campaign...

Don't let them hoodwink you. Don't let them bamboozle you.

...said the mirror to the wall.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies