Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-11-2009, 11:03 AM

4,586 posts, read 5,479,557 times

Advertisements

What ever happened to the party of ideas? They've transformed themselves into the party of continuous gimmicks....It started with Palin and has continued with Joe the Plumber, Tito the Builder, Sue the Nurse, Teabaggers, Townhallers and now this guy that claims he was beat up protesting healthcare when he doesn't have any. Along the way we saw "B" girl who lied about being beat up by fictional Obama thugs, the totally insane birthers, bitter gate, datenight gate, vacation gate, bow gate, apology gate etc. ..The truly sad part of it is, none of the gimmicks are based in reality or provide any principle or alternative to what the current administration has presented. The GOP has turned into romper room. They post silly pictures of the President and his family, fictional chain letters from concerned John/Jane Doe's and a series of outlandish lies.

It would appear that the GOP does not yet realize that these tactics have lost them the House, the Senate, The White House and whatever credibility that remained after Bush's failed Presidency. Just sad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2009, 11:07 AM

26,218 posts, read 49,060,172 times
And it's going to keep on costing them too.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 08-11-2009, 11:08 AM

4,067 posts, read 2,274,778 times
This thread is "just sad"

Old 08-11-2009, 11:08 AM

4,714 posts, read 8,462,916 times
The GOP is in a world of hurt these days. But, you know, they earned it.

Old 08-11-2009, 11:10 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,799,372 times
I can only hope they continue the campaign designed by a mass mail advertizer or late night infomercial writer selling useless junk in order to get your credit card number.

Old 08-11-2009, 11:22 AM

5,165 posts, read 6,054,529 times
I agree with the OP. It has become a joke. I just hope everyone realizes that the GOP being a joke does not help anyone in this nation.

The liebrals can claim victory but no one wins when there are no checks and balances and one party is a party of gimmicks. Hopefully the GOP will die off and a new, stronger, competent party arises that works for the people and restores liberty to all of us.

Old 08-11-2009, 11:41 AM

2,684 posts, read 6,888,227 times
There are only a few fringe Republicans that are "birthers". This is being blown way out of proportion. "B" girl was an Obama supporter. She had no ties to any Republican or Republican group.

It's funny whenever there is a power shift in this country the exact same absolute, condescending statements come from those in power, (This is just sad. This truly is the end of them. They can never rebuild, etc.) while the opposition begins to feel to marginalized, and attacks anything the ruling party does.

Honestly, somethings Obama has done in regards to national security the libs would have cried foul had Bush done it. Open your eyes, its the same **** indefinate detention, wire taps etc. House members calling Americans un-American. This crap is identical Bush is Hitler, Obama is Hitler, no one is Hitler dammit. Grow up people. I'm too young to remember too much before Clinton's later years, but I don't think this hatred of the other party has always been there, I still think the vast majority on either side are not nut jobs. Maybe this is the product of the internet and 24/7 news. But it seems to have started sometime for Bush around 2003.

Old 08-11-2009, 11:52 AM

5,041 posts, read 6,218,344 times
Somewhere along the line, they decided that everything was spin. They thought they could "create their own reality" by managing information and media. And it worked for awhile. Remember this:

Quote:
The aide said that guys like me were ''in what we call the reality-based community,'' which he defined as people who ''believe that solutions emerge from your judicious study of discernible reality.'' I nodded and murmured something about enlightenment principles and empiricism. He cut me off. ''That's not the way the world really works anymore,'' he continued. ''We're an empire now, and when we act, we create our own reality. And while you're studying that reality -- judiciously, as you will -- we'll act again, creating other new realities, which you can study too, and that's how things will sort out. We're history's actors . . . and you, all of you, will be left to just study what we do.''
When they learn to see reality, they'll be back and providing some needed balance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies