Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-07-2009, 09:13 AM

38,643 posts, read 26,384,037 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukester View Post
Three companies who run ads during Glenn Beck — NexisLexis-owned Lawyers.com, Procter & Gamble and Progressive Insurance — today distanced themselves from Beck. LexisNexis has pulled its advertising from Beck and says it has no plans to advertise on the program in the future. Both Procter & Gamble and Progressive Insurance called the Beck advertising placements an error that they would correct.

Think Progress » Three advertisers drop Glenn Beck over his claim that President Obama is a ‘racist.’

Well, that sure is a game changer.

mediabistro.com: TVNewser

How will they ever replace those sponsors?

Ratings Gold for Fox and Glenn Beck -- Politics Daily

They'll probably cancel his show now.

Glenn Beck ratings skyrocket, Olbermann up, Maddow down, has anyone seen CNN? | I Hate the Media - Fun with Liberal Media Bias
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2009, 09:18 AM

5,476 posts, read 12,247,018 times
Fox's ratings are through the roof. They'll find other sponsors.

Old 08-07-2009, 09:49 AM

7,474 posts, read 22,884,016 times
This country would be much better off if more people would listen to Glenn Beck. Even so, the word is getting out, and Obama's butt is in a downward spiral. His thug tactics are going to finish him off before he can destroy the country. That proves there is a God...!

Old 08-07-2009, 11:41 AM

1,966 posts, read 2,703,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn2390 View Post
This country would be much better off if more people would listen to Glenn Beck. Even so, the word is getting out, and Obama's butt is in a downward spiral. His thug tactics are going to finish him off before he can destroy the country. That proves there is a God...!

Old 08-07-2009, 11:44 AM

8,299 posts, read 8,607,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn2390 View Post
That proves there is a God...!
And his name is Beck, I suppose? You people need serious help.

Old 08-07-2009, 12:23 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,754,781 times
Ohhh now I know why MSNBC is doing so poorly...all their advertisers have left them!!!

Old 08-07-2009, 01:45 PM

1,966 posts, read 2,703,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Ohhh now I know why MSNBC is doing so poorly...all their advertisers have left them!!!
Huh? Proctor & Gamble, Progressive Insurance and lawyers.com pulled their ads from Glenn Beck's show (FOX News), not MSNBC.

Old 08-07-2009, 04:54 PM

261 posts, read 668,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukester View Post
Three companies who run ads during Glenn Beck — NexisLexis-owned Lawyers.com, Procter & Gamble and Progressive Insurance — today distanced themselves from Beck. LexisNexis has pulled its advertising from Beck and says it has no plans to advertise on the program in the future. Both Procter & Gamble and Progressive Insurance called the Beck advertising placements an error that they would correct.

Think Progress » Three advertisers drop Glenn Beck over his claim that President Obama is a ‘racist.’
Ya Beck went to far claiming Obama hates everything white. I don't want to get into this, but if Beck was not racist he would point out all cases of seeming racism. He would say Bush was a racist (hell he called the clintons racists) and he would have called reagan and nixon racists, but he doesn't, he adores them

Old 08-07-2009, 05:00 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,766,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Books on tape/books on CD/Podcasts & Music.
So much better for my head.
I have Sirius and I listen to intelligent things like the 70s music channel, NPR and CBC (Canadian talk is actually 10 times more intelligent than Rush Limball is).

Old 08-07-2009, 05:19 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,311,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
I have already told the wife when she goes shopping Saturday to buy TIDE and CHARMIN!
Oh, that Charmin is the worst TP. Geeeez. Tide is okay.

Look: I'm not into boycotts. I couldn't care less where these people spend their money, really. They can do what they want. If they pull there advertising, there will be someone to replace them. Beck is that popular.

And Beck isn't really "controversial". Yes, he has his views, and he expresses them openly. That is what "free speech" and a "free press" (guaranteed by the Constitution) are all about. Beck is doing the job the rest of the so-called "mainstream" media should be doing (exposing the lies and examining the issues), but won't, because too many of them are former Democrat operatives (Chris Matthews, for example).

Here is an example: The Pres. and the Democrats call the protesters at the Town Hall meetings "angry mobs". What does Beck do? He shows videos of these vs. Democrat protesters on college campuses literally storming the podium of conservatives invited to speak (and Ann Coulter got pies thrown at her). There is no such violence taking place at these Town Hall meetings. Many of these "angry mobs" are old people. They do not like what is happening to their country and they are tired of being lied to.

Yes, these people are angry and upset with what is going on; but, they are not "angry mobs". Angry mobs are, Code Pink, and others like them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies