Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2009, 01:07 PM

2,170 posts, read 2,861,336 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by groar View Post
i'm just saying, it's important to know your enemy. and that includes being able to tell one enemy from another.
Point taken.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2009, 01:18 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,573,373 times
This is BEYOND CRUEL!

Old 08-07-2009, 01:21 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,051,710 times
So who wants to volunteer to lead the negotiating team for those of you that wishes to try and talk with these people to iron out our differences?

Old 08-07-2009, 01:32 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,282,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgt04 View Post
This is just heartbreaking to read about.

Its ridiculous to think these extremist Al Qaida savages can be reasoned with when they are doing this to innocent children and cutting peoples heads off. Their extermination is the ONLY way....and don't tell me I'm like them. If you think they can be reasoned with then go over there and talk to them. I prefer to send them to see their 50 virgins now.

Terrorists kidnap, torture boy to bully Iraqi policeman - CNN.com
An american woman just killed her child and ate its brains.
Best to look at home before you start pointing fingers.
There's sickness everywhere.
Not just in the people you hate.

Old 08-07-2009, 02:20 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,051,710 times
Quote:
An american woman just killed her child and ate its brains.
Apples and oranges... that women obviously has mental issues. These people (note the plural) are not driven by the voices in there head so to speak. There is a distinct difference and trying to comapare them is absurb but I certainly could understand how liberal wouldn't understand the difference.

Old 08-07-2009, 02:41 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,282,339 times
Not apples and oranges.
Once you eradicate the horrors here, then you can look at the horrors elsewhere.

Horror is horror, no matter what shape it takes.

How about the guy whose daughter was abused by wife and lay dying on the floor while he went to sleep?

These stories of torture happen in the US.

Old 08-07-2009, 02:42 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,321,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgt04 View Post
This is just heartbreaking to read about.

Its ridiculous to think these extremist Al Qaida savages can be reasoned with when they are doing this to innocent children and cutting peoples heads off. Their extermination is the ONLY way....and don't tell me I'm like them. If you think they can be reasoned with then go over there and talk to them. I prefer to send them to see their 50 virgins now.

Terrorists kidnap, torture boy to bully Iraqi policeman - CNN.com
The M.O. sounds more like Blackwater than Al Quaeda!

Old 08-07-2009, 02:43 PM

26,214 posts, read 49,044,521 times
I've always said that it's impossible to reason with Al Queda and the Taliban, that the only way to deal with them is to kill them.

That was supposed to happen at Tora Bora, Afghanistan in Dec 2001 when we had them boxed up in the cave complexes.

Rummy didn't want all that blood on our hands, so the warlord dudes were supposed to do it. We got double-crossed by the warlord rank and file who took cash bribes from those that were trapped and they just walked over the border into Pakistan.

Our 10th Mountain Division was sitting at Kabul Airport but Rummy held them back, preferring the warlords do the dirty work. The 10th Mtn Div would've given anything to get to Tora Bora and annihilate Al Queda and the Taliban, but Rummy the Dummy blew it. The war against Al Queda and the Taliban should've been over 8 years ago.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 08-07-2009, 02:49 PM

4,410 posts, read 6,138,513 times
My suspicion is that these groups are extreme cults, developed for a reason. They exhibit all the characteristics of a mind-controlled society. I watched an interview with a Taliban leader on PBS. He rocked back and forth the entire time which was explained to be a byproduct of their training. Things are drilled into them over and over again until they are not thinking straight. I guess what I'm alluding to is that these groups didn't just grow naturally, they were developed. There's too much sophistication in their control methods to suggest that it just occurred organically. My thought is that someone else is behind this packaged insanity, someone who wants us to paint all Muslims in a bad light. A horrible light as I'm sure this link proves. However, I won't read the OP's link because I'll get sick and it would ruin my weekend.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies