Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2009, 08:21 PM

4,011 posts, read 4,425,899 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
I know! (Joe the) Plumber Nation. I just found this (it's old) puzzling about the teabaggers' motivation -

"Obama already passed the largest middle-class tax cut in history. Yes, he's proposing increasing the top rate back to where it was when our economy was healthy, but that only means that folks with household income below a quarter-mil aren't really in a position to whine about the administration's agenda.
"Which brings us back to where we started: what are these people whining about again? They don't like economic recovery efforts, but the stimulus has already passed and it's a little late to rally opposition to it. They don't like budget deficits, unless they're run by Republican presidents. They don't want their taxes to go up, but Obama has already passed a significant tax cut."

The Washington Monthly
And one thing keeps getting overlooked -- that quarter-mil is taxable income which is what's left after all the deductions and exemptions are taken on a tax return. Most people in that income level have considerable itemized deductions, sometimes in excess of $100,000. So someone making $350,000 might not be hit by a tax increase.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2009, 11:16 AM

5,165 posts, read 6,052,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
I'd like to know that too. Im sure there are folks on here who know.

it might be this, but I cant find a date on the confusing page: Take potentially deadly H1N1 Vaccine or Concentration Camp - Your Choice! >> Four Winds 10 - fourwinds10.com

more....

looking for "Obama" and "concentration camp", this is from March -- Fox's Glenn Beck says Obama is building concentration camps for Republicans - Boing Boing

this is from Nov 4 ("a caller who stated: 'I'm ready to go to the concentration camp, that [Sen. Barack] Obama's police force -- he will round me up. Because I -- I'm a white American.'") -- Liddy: Obama concentration camp will serve "ham hocks and turnip greens" | Media Matters for America
Do these camps include such activities as Fishing, archery, bird watching, and camp fires at night?

Old 10-20-2009, 11:18 AM

206 posts, read 195,821 times
I guess under the Tea Party folks and the Neo fascist element of American Society health care is available only to the 'master race' been down that road before---

Old 10-20-2009, 11:27 AM

5,165 posts, read 6,052,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xyz affair View Post
I guess under the Tea Party folks and the Neo fascist element of American Society health care is available only to the 'master race' been down that road before---
The master race? Oh is that why the very neo conservative Augusta National Golf Club named the tournament "The Masters"..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies