Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2007, 02:22 PM

30,354 posts, read 51,942,966 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreameyes View Post

Exactly what I was thinking You know I bet some of you on this thread that are dissin' Rosie claim to be Christians. Now I'm not saying that Rosie hasn't been way outta line with some of things she says, and that she is just loud and obnoxious but sheesh some of the things people are saying are a little harsh. Afterall like giz said she has done a lot of good and she is only human. When there's sickos out there raping and molesting children and women, running onto college campuses and malls and opening fire and murdering countless innocent people; well I think dissin' a loud mouthed obnoxious lefty is a little petty. And for those of you who said she's useless as a human or should be dead SHAME ON YOU!!!

And speaking about pettyiness what's with these neg. reps??? Good grief everyone is allowed an opinion. You may not agree with it but that's no reason to give someon a neg. rep. I personally never give out neg. reps because I tend to think the best of people and you never really know what the true intent behind their statement was.
Thanks for that... and I agree, it's quite petty and childish to give red-marks simply because you disagree with someone (not to mention, it's clearly against board rules). I NEVER hand them out, unless the person is blatantly attacking or racist, for example - and even then, I usually just forward it to the mods.

Old 04-25-2007, 02:23 PM

1,736 posts, read 4,744,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeP View Post
Some of Ann Coulter's early "American" and "Christian" comments:

"[Clinton] masturbates in the sinks."---Rivera Live 8/2/99

"God gave us the earth. We have dominion over the plants, the animals, the trees. God said, 'Earth is yours. Take it. Rape it. It's yours.'"---Hannity & Colmes, 6/20/01

The "backbone of the Democratic Party" is a "typical fat, implacable welfare recipient"---syndicated column 10/29/99

To a disabled Vietnam vet: "People like you caused us to lose that war."---MSNBC

"Women like Pamela Harriman and Patricia Duff are basically Anna Nicole Smith from the waist down. Let's just call it for what it is. They're whores."---Salon.com 11/16/00

Juan Gonzales is "Cuba's answer to Joey Buttafuoco," a "miscreant," "sperm-donor," and a "poor man's Hugh Hefner."---Rivera Live 5/1/00

On Princess Diana's death: "Her children knew she's sleeping with all these men. That just seems to me, it's the definition of 'not a good mother.' ... Is everyone just saying here that it's okay to ostentatiously have premarital sex in front of your children?"..."[Diana is] an ordinary and pathetic and confessional - I've never had bulimia! I've never had an affair! I've never had a divorce! So I don't think she's better than I am."---MSNBC 9/12/97

"I think [women] should be armed but should not [be allowed to] vote."---Politically Incorrect, 2/26/01

"If you don't hate Clinton and the people who labored to keep him in office, you don't love your country."---George, 7/99

"We're now at the point that it's beyond whether or not this guy is a horny hick. I really think it's a question of his mental stability. He really could be a lunatic. I think it is a rational question for Americans to ask whether their president is insane."---Equal Time

"It's enough [to be impeached] for the president to be a pervert."---The Case Against Bill Clinton, Coulter's 1998 book.

"Clinton is in love with the erect penis."---This Evening with Judith Regan, Fox News Channel 2/6/00

"I think we had enough laws about the turn-of-the-century. We don't need any more." Asked how far back would she go to repeal laws, she replied, "Well, before the New Deal...[The Emancipation Proclamation] would be a good start."---Politically Incorrect 5/7/97

"If they have the one innocent person who has ever to be put to death this century out of over 7,000, you probably will get a good movie deal out of it."---MSNBC 7/27/97

"If those kids had been carrying guns they would have gunned down this one [child] gunman. ... Don't pray. Learn to use guns."---Politically Incorrect, 12/18/97

"The presumption of innocence only means you don't go right to jail."---Hannity & Colmes 8/24/01

"I have to say I'm all for public flogging. One type of criminal that a public humiliation might work particularly well with are the juvenile delinquents, a lot of whom consider it a badge of honor to be sent to juvenile detention. And it might not be such a cool thing in the 'hood to be flogged publicly."---MSNBC 3/22/97

"Let's say I go out every night, I meet a guy and have sex with him. Good for me. I'm not married."---Rivera Live 6/7/00

"Anorexics never have boyfriends. ... That's one way to know you don't have anorexia, if you have a boyfriend."---Politically Incorrect 7/21/97

"The thing I like about Bush is I think he hates liberals."---Washington Post 8/1/00

On Rep. Christopher Shays (d-CT) in deciding whether to run against him as a Libertarian candidate: "I really want to hurt him. I want him to feel pain."---Hartford Courant 6/25/99

"The swing voters---I like to refer to them as the idiot voters because they don't have set philosophical principles. You're either a liberal or you're a conservative if you have an IQ above a toaster. "---Beyond the News, Fox News Channel, 6/4/00

"My libertarian friends are probably getting a little upset now but I think that's because they never appreciate the benefits of local fascism."---MSNBC 2/8/97

Regarding the some of the 9/11 widows from New Jersey...

Coulter's Christ-like comment towards John Edwards:

Her '06 column on former RI Senator Lincoln Chafee:

"They Shot the Wrong Lincoln."

...her call to assasinate a Supreme Court Justice:
(John Paul Stevens): "We need somebody to put rat poison in Justice Stevens's créme brulée.''
Thanks for putting that together. I forgot what a great wit she is. Thanks again.

Old 04-25-2007, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirvana-Guy View Post
Funny thing... we have hundreds (if not thousands) of liberal attack dogs. These are aggressive, angry and bitter people who will lash out at ANYONE whom they disagree with.

1. Rosie
2. Al Gore
3. Al Sharpton
etc etc.

Now, Conservatives have 1 (one) aggressive person (Coulter) and everyone attacks her.
Sorry, but there are MANY more than Ann Coulter on the right-side, who could be considered "attack dogs"... Rush Limbaugh anyone? And that's just one example.

Old 04-25-2007, 02:25 PM

5,110 posts, read 7,140,512 times
Sure, she has made a career of dumbing down America and bringing discussion into the gutter...

Quote:
Regarding the some of the 9/11 widows from New Jersey...

Quote:
In her book Godless: The Church of Liberalism, Coulter criticizes the four 9/11 widows known as the "Jersey Girls;" in it Coulter wrote:

These broads are millionaires, lionized on TV and in articles about them, reveling in their status as celebrities and stalked by grief-arazzis. These self-obsessed women seemed genuinely unaware that 9/11 was an attack on our nation and acted as if the terrorist attacks happened only to them. ... I've never seen people enjoying their husbands' deaths so much ... the Democrat ratpack gals endorsed John Kerry for president ... cutting campaign commercials... how do we know their husbands weren't planning to divorce these harpies? Now that their shelf life is dwindling, they'd better hurry up and appear in Playboy."

Coulter's Christ-like comment towards John Edwards:

Quote:
I was going to have a few comments on the other Democratic presidential candidate, John Edwards, but it turns out that you have to go into rehab if you use the word '******,' so I'm - so, kind of at an impasse, can't really talk about Edwards, so I think I'll just conclude here and take your questions

Old 04-25-2007, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Sorry, but there are MANY more than Ann Coulter on the right-side, who could be considered "attack dogs"... Rush Limbaugh anyone? And that's just one example.
O'Reilly
Rush
Hannity
William Kristal
John Gibson
Brit Hume
Savage
Glen Beck
Ted Nugent
Christopher Hitchens
Neal Boortz
Dr. Laura
Michael Medved
Michael Reagan
criminal G. Gordon Liddy

These are just ones that I can think of at the moment.

Old 04-25-2007, 02:51 PM

9,891 posts, read 10,823,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyHateMachine View Post
Ann Coulter is very much Pro-Christian. These were her comments:

The solution to radical Islamists was for the United States to "invade their countries, kill their leaders, and convert them to Christianity."

Nice!

Ann Coulter is the right wing's dial-900 girl.
so you think thats a bad thing?

Old 04-25-2007, 02:52 PM

3,049 posts, read 8,908,098 times
al sharpton
alec baldwin
naomi wolf
al gore
rosie
michael moore
cindy sheehan
john stewart
anderson cooper
bill moyers
jimmy carter
bill mahr
abc
cbs
nbc
air america
npr
cnn
just to start with

Old 04-25-2007, 03:01 PM

Oh I forgot to add the lazy, corporate conservative media:

TW, VIACOM, UNIVERSAL, NEWS CORP, SINCLAIR, DISNEY, WaPost, WSJ...

right wing propaganda machines like Newsmax, Drudge, and Worldnet

...plus discredited GOP has beens (an ever growing club) with its new DeLier, and old stand by Newt.

Old 04-25-2007, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinajack View Post
al sharpton
alec baldwin
naomi wolf
al gore
rosie
michael moore
cindy sheehan
john stewart
anderson cooper
bill moyers
jimmy carter
bill mahr
abc
cbs
nbc
air america
npr
cnn
just to start with
Since when is Jon Stewart volatile and attacking?? LOL! Anyway, I think we've established that extremists are on both sides (see JoeP's list), so point was made by both... time to move on in the discussion?

Old 04-25-2007, 03:31 PM

8 posts, read 24,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeP View Post
Oh I thought this was about Ann Coulter since it is dedicated to the most hateful ant-American and anti-Christian woman. Instead it's a post about an obnoxious tv host that nobody cares about.
Ann Coulter is an anorexic, hate filled, anti-everything, smug, less then human, toxic spewing troglodyte that should be held as an example and slapped publicly on pay-per-view for the things that she says, thinks and does, she should then be shipped off to some deserted island where she will be lonely and miserable and thankfully not allowed to procreate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies