Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2009, 11:46 AM

6,022 posts, read 7,844,406 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
I'm waiting for Obama to take to Letterman or The Daily Show in a last ditch effort to stop this from collapsing. Obama's been outplayed at every turn by old folks, angry rednecks, soccer moms and just plain working stiffs. You know foreign leaders will see him as easy pickings from now on.
these old folks are old fools if the old fools are on medicare i say we ban that
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2009, 11:47 AM

8,299 posts, read 8,624,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by city414 View Post
sanrene and her pal viewfromthepeak think only democrats and liberal-democrats have them only
Certainly not, as was pointed out earlier in the thread and demands repeating:

Quote:
Originally Posted by compJockey View Post
Video - WGBA - (http://www.nbc26.com/global/category.asp?C=171398&clipId=4021715&topVideoCatNo =146343&autoStart=true - broken link)
'I'm just a mom from a few blocks away, not affiliated with a political party'

Old 08-12-2009, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
Certainly not, as was pointed out earlier in the thread and bears repeating:
certainly so. but anyways

Old 08-12-2009, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by city414 View Post
certainly so. but anyways
No, I meant, "Certainly not limited to democrats."

Old 08-12-2009, 11:51 AM

2,661 posts, read 2,908,833 times
It is KNOWN that 70% of the people at Obama's town hall were selected randomly.
And those who were not selected randomly did not have their questions pre-screened.

Quote:
About 1,800 people are expected for that midday event in the Democratic-leaning Seacoast region of the Granite State. Of those, 70 percent were given tickets based on a random lottery -- a potentially dicey crowd in a state known for its grass-roots political activism.
Obama Braces for Health Care Town Hall in N.H. - Political News - FOXNews.com (http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/08/11/obama-braces-health-care-town-hall/ - broken link)

I know you righties would love to believe the left is as deceitful as the right - but it isn't true.

Old 08-12-2009, 11:51 AM

13,053 posts, read 12,977,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Both "sides" have "plants". You are stupid if you don't think so.
I imagine it happens, but...

One side has been caught with evidence to the case.

The other side is accused, yet no evidence has been provided.

It would be a logically fallacy to assume the other guilty with statements that "all do it" and it would be an excuse to the side that did do it.

Old 08-12-2009, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
I imagine it happens, but...

One side has been caught with evidence to the case.

The other side is accused, yet no evidence has been provided.

It would be a logically fallacy to assume the other guilty with statements that "all do it" and it would be an excuse to the side that did do it.
Did you not watch the video linked above? It's a Republican, who is definitely affiliated with a party in a very overt way, in spite of her claims to the contrary.

Last edited by helenejen; 08-12-2009 at 12:03 PM..

Old 08-12-2009, 11:53 AM

oh and yeah and if the 13 yr old girl was planted she was planted for the most part by her parents

Old 08-12-2009, 12:11 PM

14,994 posts, read 23,957,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by compJockey View Post
It is KNOWN that 70% of the people at Obama's town hall were selected randomly.
And those who were not selected randomly did not have their questions pre-screened.

Obama Braces for Health Care Town Hall in N.H. - Political News - FOXNews.com (http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/08/11/obama-braces-health-care-town-hall/ - broken link)

I know you righties would love to believe the left is as deceitful as the right - but it isn't true.
It is not known how the crowd was screened or selected. You are simply repeating an AP report (fox news was not the source). AP is reliable, but there is no detail of that 70% random selection - is this information from the white house? selected how? From democrat congressman list of "friends"? From the white house internet site? From ACORN? How was the seating selected? - were the 30% that were not random given choice seating (would explain all the smiling yes-men behind the president). Just not enough information.

Not saying GOP doesn't do the same thing, but only someone naive would think yesterdays town hall wasn't a little fishy. Heck you even had (liberal) Helen Thomas asking about it in today's white house press briefing!

The question here in this thread isn't weather the crowd was screened, everyone agrees it was. The question was - is the little girl a plant? I don't think she was myself, that's a bit too sleazy even for a Chicago politician. But it was awfully supsicious. And it's clear she would not be there without her mother's connections.

Old 08-12-2009, 12:21 PM

14,994 posts, read 23,957,948 times
Related to the above, about a "staged" Obama town meeting in July. By the way, Helen Thomas is about as liberal a reporter (and as old) as it gets. I don't like her, but if is something in regards to manipulating or deceiving the press she is all over it.
Helen Thomas: Obama “controlling the press” - Collegenews. (http://www.collegenews.com/index.php?/article/obama_accused_of_staging_town_hall_meeting_0702200 92236/ - broken link)

I like her quote: even "“Nixon didn’t try to do that.” Below the article has a slight opposing viewpoint, for those accusing this site of being biased.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies