Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2009, 09:06 PM

195 posts, read 427,247 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
No, I am not wrong. Incarcerated felons and parolies have no right, under the Constitution, to have a firearm, to privacy, to vote, to travel freely, search and siezure laws do not apply, no warrant need be obtained to toss their place of residence in the case of parolies, obviously those who are currently incarcerated, such as this idiot, have no expectation of Constitutional rights, except , perhaps , to a redress of grievances, and that at the whim of a judge, IF his 'request' makes it out of the prison system. Driving is not a right, and is not a good example. Free speech COULD have been argued in this case, had he not mentioned people by name in the vein of killing them. By doing thus, he turned his 'lyrics' into a death threat made by a convicted felon, under incarceration. Bye Bye. His 'rights' have not been denied him in any way. He had his due process, was convicted by a jury of his peers, and made all his Constitutional rights subject to the whim of the courts. Thats the way it works. Convicted felons are second class, especially when they are incarcerated, and not much better when parolled. Oh, I am not the one who is mistaken here. I am quite on track. In the case of the new charges this idiot has no right to a seperate jury trial either. He is at the whim of a judge, and that only for sentencing. His guilt or innocence has already been determined in this case. Do some reading on the 'rights' of convicted felons, especially those who are inside the prison system. I think you will be quite surprised at what you find.

I agree with some of things you said but I also disagree with alot.

Tell me.....

What rights does a convicted felon ( not on parole) has in the USA ?

and.....

What rights does a convicted felon (On Parole) has in the USA ?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2009, 09:11 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,947,295 times
A convicted felon has all the same rights as a normal person minus the right to carry weapons, serve in the army, serve on jury, and vote. I believe those are all the rights and privileges revoked.

The parolee has the same rights minus 4th amendment in which the parole officer can search his home and car without a warrant. He also has to be on extra good behavior so as not to be sent back to serve the remainder of his/her sentence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genonfire View Post

Tell me.....

What rights does a convicted felon ( not on parole) has in the USA ?

and.....

What rights does a convicted felon (On Parole) has in the USA ?

Last edited by artsyguy; 08-19-2009 at 09:20 PM..

Old 08-19-2009, 09:19 PM

You have to read the penal code and federal code to determine what equals "death threats" "assault" or "terrorist threat". All the details are there in concise English.

Quote:
I guess anybody can directly threaten somebody with a " sign " and it WON'T be the same as if somebody threaten you "verbally". I think something is very wrong with this picture. "Death to Michelle and her two stupid kids" is direct statement to an individual but I guess the guy did not have to go to jail. Then again, I guess the event was not in Florida.

Dame shame tho

Old 08-19-2009, 09:21 PM

968 posts, read 1,039,305 times
If this guy didn't feel he belongs in prison, then maybe he shouldn't have plead guilty

Old 08-19-2009, 09:22 PM

87 posts, read 99,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
I see some aren't a fan of freedom of speech here. Sure, the guy's a moron but jail time? Nah, I don't think so.
Yah, I think so.

I also think they should jail "mothers" for naming kids with kree8tif names.

Old 08-19-2009, 09:23 PM

He should have plead not guilty and defended himself as his own attorney.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramanboy33 View Post
If this guy didn't feel he belongs in prison, then maybe he shouldn't have plead guilty

Old 08-19-2009, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
You have to read the penal code and federal code to determine what equals "death threats" "assault" or "terrorist threat". All the details are there in concise English.

Ok...I understand that

If I had a sign that say's " Death to officer John Allen and his two stupid kids"
at a protest demonstration rally at police head quarters and John Allen is a REAL cop.

Should I deserve to go to jail ???

Old 08-19-2009, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scabbey View Post
Yah, I think so.

I also think they should jail "mothers" for naming kids with kree8tif names.

Whats wrong with the name Antavio Johnson??

What... His parents shouldn't gave him that name and gave him one to "

your" more liking ? http://forums.allsexresources.com/images/smilies/yahoo/68.gif (broken link) http://forums.allsexresources.com/images/smilies/yahoo/68.gif (broken link)

Old 08-19-2009, 10:02 PM

968 posts, read 1,039,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
He should have plead not guilty and defended himself as his own attorney.
Perhaps, but he was facing 5 years in prison for breaking probation - charges that that were completely unrelated to the rap song issue. This rap thing was something the DA was hanging over his head for additional leverage. In the end, he agreed to plead guilty to a reduced charge of Corruption by Threat Against a Public Servant and a reduced sentence of 2 years for all the legal issues hanging over his head.

Old 08-20-2009, 06:54 AM

3,564 posts, read 5,515,554 times
Quote:
I guess anybody can directly threaten somebody with a " sign " and it WON'T be the same as if somebody threaten you "verbally". I think something is very wrong with this picture. "Death to Michelle and her two stupid kids" is direct statement to an individual but I guess the guy did not have to go to jail. Then again, I guess the event was not in Florida.

Dame shame tho

Saying "death to" is far from the same thing as saying you are specifically going to kill someone. Now both are wrong but "death to" is more of a fantasy/wish. Saying you are going to kill someone specifically is a direct threat.

Anyone with the intelligence of an 8 year old should be able to see that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies