Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-13-2009, 06:03 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,414,679 times

Advertisements

This guy was convicted of the bombing of Pan Am 103, and they are going to let him go home to die? Bull, I say let him rot in jail, I don't care if he is in pain or not. He killed all of those people, he deserves to die a slow, painful, and lonely death!

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle6794084.ece
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2009, 06:07 AM

2,324 posts, read 7,631,026 times
Tolerance and compassion by the Western nations will be the death of us all.

Old 08-21-2009, 08:18 AM

19,556 posts, read 9,568,160 times
Not only did they release him but he was given a hero's welcome at airport in Libya

Old 08-21-2009, 08:24 AM

38,014 posts, read 22,198,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
This guy was convicted of the bombing of Pan Am 103, and they are going to let him go home to die? Bull, I say let him rot in jail, I don't care if he is in pain or not. He killed all of those people, he deserves to die a slow, painful, and lonely death!

Abdul Baset Ali al-Megrahi, convicted of Lockerbie bombing, 'to be released' - Times Online
He should at least spend one month in prison for each life he took. Is that too much to ask?

Old 08-21-2009, 09:51 AM

3,566 posts, read 3,737,264 times
It's being reported that the Obama administration tried to get Scotland to keep this guy behind bars and failed. What happened to the vaunted Obama prowess at negotioation and diplomacy? What happened to restoring our image in the world? What happened to restoring our longtime alliances? What happened?

Old 08-21-2009, 10:04 AM

16,579 posts, read 20,732,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimMe View Post
It's being reported that the Obama administration tried to get Scotland to keep this guy behind bars and failed. What happened to the vaunted Obama prowess at negotioation and diplomacy? What happened to restoring our image in the world? What happened to restoring our longtime alliances? What happened?
Gee, only 5 posts til this was Obama's fault. What a surprise.

Old 08-21-2009, 10:35 AM

2,518 posts, read 5,364,382 times
I heard on BBC radio this morning that the Scottish government wanted to show how much independence they have now from the UK government and that they weren't going to be influenced by the US. Hopefully, they feel some shame now that they've seen the reception the Libyan guy got in Tripoli but I doubt it. I shall never call myself British in future, always English.

However, let's remember that the British Prime Minister, Gordon Brown, is also a Scot and he's stayed remarkably silent while this has been developing. He's spineless.

Old 08-21-2009, 10:41 AM

38,647 posts, read 26,415,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roosevelt View Post
Tolerance and compassion by the Western nations will be the death of us all.

Notice the hero's welcome.

How can any thinking person describe Iraq as the wrong war. Anyone who applauds 9/11 or any other terrorist attack on the US is an enemy of the US. We may not consider ourselves at war with the entire Muslim world, but they certainly do consider themselves at war with us.

Old 08-21-2009, 10:47 AM

2,783 posts, read 6,680,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
Gee, only 5 posts til this was Obama's fault. What a surprise.
Well, remember how it was W's fault that all the other countries wouldn't cooperate with us because they hated W and the way he did business.

After N Korea launches their missiles, Iran continues their nukes and now Scotland releasing the murderer of almost 200 Americans, I would say that Obama's vaunted engagement plan isn't worth jacksh*t.

So yes Marlow, time to grow up and realize that your guy is President now and the buck stops with him.

Old 08-21-2009, 10:59 AM

16,579 posts, read 20,732,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rb4browns View Post
Well, remember how it was W's fault that all the other countries wouldn't cooperate with us because they hated W and the way he did business.

After N Korea launches their missiles, Iran continues their nukes and now Scotland releasing the murderer of almost 200 Americans, I would say that Obama's vaunted engagement plan isn't worth jacksh*t.

So yes Marlow, time to grow up and realize that your guy is President now and the buck stops with him.
So Obama is president of Scotland, too?

You need to realize that Obama isn't a messiah the way the right seems to think he is. He can't fix every problem all over the world. He can't make Scotland keep a prisoner if they want to release him.

What do you think Bush would have done in this situation? Or McCain? Or Ron Paul?

Last edited by Marlow; 08-21-2009 at 11:25 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies