Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2009, 07:01 AM

1,653 posts, read 4,302,585 times

Advertisements

I think this is quite interesting. If you read the quotes from this man's OWN WORDS, it really explains what his agenda is.

From Dreams of My Father:'I ceased to advertise my mother's race at the age of 12 or 13, when I began to suspect that by doing so I was ingratiating myself to whites.'

From Dreams of My Father :'I found a solace in nursing a pervasive sense of grievance and animosity against my mother's race.'

From Dreams of My Father:'There was something about him that made me wary, a little too sure of himself, maybe. And white.'

From Dreams of My Father:'It remained necessary to prove which side you were on, to show your loyalty to the black masses, to strike out and name names.'

From Dreams of My Father:'I never emulate white men and brown men whose fates didn't speak to my own. It was into my father's image, the black man, son of Africa, that I'd packed all the attributes I sought in myself: the attributes of Martin and Malcolm, DuBois and Mandela.'

And FINALLY,
From Audacity of Hope:'I will stand with the Muslims should the political winds shift in an ugly direction.'
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2009, 07:06 AM

11,486 posts, read 15,327,926 times
You just hit on a select few, there are many, many quotes in his books that people would throw up to know how the man was thinking when he hired Ayers to help him write these books.

Good thread, keep adding those all important quotes and facts from his book.
Many people need to understand what this man is all about and wont waste their hard earned money on his books to read them.

Old 08-26-2009, 07:08 AM

1,902 posts, read 2,471,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JennySquirrel View Post
I think this is quite interesting. If you read the quotes from this man's OWN WORDS, it really explains what his agenda is.

From Dreams of My Father:'I ceased to advertise my mother's race at the age of 12 or 13, when I began to suspect that by doing so I was ingratiating myself to whites.'

From Dreams of My Father :'I found a solace in nursing a pervasive sense of grievance and animosity against my mother's race.'

From Dreams of My Father:'There was something about him that made me wary, a little too sure of himself, maybe. And white.'

From Dreams of My Father:'It remained necessary to prove which side you were on, to show your loyalty to the black masses, to strike out and name names.'

From Dreams of My Father:'I never emulate white men and brown men whose fates didn't speak to my own. It was into my father's image, the black man, son of Africa, that I'd packed all the attributes I sought in myself: the attributes of Martin and Malcolm, DuBois and Mandela.'

And FINALLY,
From Audacity of Hope:'I will stand with the Muslims should the political winds shift in an ugly direction.'

Just goes to prove that most Democrats will vote for anything with a D after the name. Just as long as their team wins and it keeps them from having to actually think.

Old 08-26-2009, 07:10 AM

7,331 posts, read 15,407,345 times
Completely, of course, out of context. That last one, for example, is a rewording of this passage, referring to residents of the US who are Arab or Pakistani or otherwise look muslim to people angry about 9/11:

Quote:
In the wake of 9/11, my meetings with Arab and Pakistani Americans, for example, have a more urgent quality, for the stories of detentions and FBI questioning and hard stares from neighbors have shaken their sense of security and belonging. They have been reminded that the history of immigration in this country has a dark underbelly; they need specific reassurances that their citizenship really means something, that America has learned the right lessons from the Japanese internments during World War II, and that I will stand with them should the political winds shift in an ugly direction.
But hey. Don't let that stop you from your silly, out-of-context fear-mongerin'.

Old 08-26-2009, 07:12 AM

4,586 posts, read 5,484,570 times
"Democrats will vote for anything"

"he hired Ayers to help him write these books"

Here are two of your out of context quotes from this thread. The first is absurd and the second is an outright lie..Taking out of context quotes is something that uninformed people will latch onto and slurp with no bib. Carry on.

Old 08-26-2009, 07:15 AM

11,486 posts, read 15,327,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank1906 View Post
"Democrats will vote for anything"

"he hired Ayers to help him write these books"

Here are two of your out of context quotes from this thread. The first is absurd and the second is an outright lie..Taking out of context quotes is something that uninformed people will latch onto and slurp with no bib. Carry on.

You have no clue do you.

The first one is the total truth and the second one PROVE ME WRONG!

Next thing you will say he did not even know Ayers.

Old 08-26-2009, 07:25 AM

8,185 posts, read 12,652,818 times
Going beyond whether these quotes were taken out of context or not (and I'm sure that they were) I have always wondered why Obama has embraced his father - the man who abandoned his mother and himself as well as who knows how many other women and children?
I ask because my dh's father had left his first family poverty stricken only to make a new family with a new wife - a family that was well taken care of financially and emotionally. My dh has nothing but contempt for his father and no relationship at all, yet Obama seems to want to make his father into a man that he wasn't. Does anyone know why Obama doesnot repudiate his father for his actions?

I think that this may show more insight into Obama's psyche then isolated quotes.

Old 08-26-2009, 07:28 AM

68,350 posts, read 54,496,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coastalrap View Post
Just goes to prove that most Democrats will vote for anything with a D after the name. Just as long as their team wins and it keeps them from having to actually think.

Gee, the only thing I see it proving is how easily some are duped by statements taken COMPLETELY out of context, I guess they don't have the attention span to actually consider too many words at once.

Old 08-26-2009, 07:30 AM

7,331 posts, read 15,407,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
the second one PROVE ME WRONG!

Next thing you will say he did not even know Ayers.
You don't seem to have a clue either, sir/ma'am.

When you make a bold or outlandish statement, it's not everyone else's responsibility to prove you wrong. You're offering zero evidence and zero support. Therefore, we can all just assume you're wrong until you give us anything more to go on.

That's the way it works.

So no. I don't believe that Obama hired Ayers to help him write his books. I'd love to see some evidence.

Old 08-26-2009, 07:30 AM

3,457 posts, read 4,658,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Gee, the only thing I see it proving is how easily some are duped by statements taken COMPLETELY out of context, I guess they don't have the attention span to actually consider too many words at once.
Please provide us with the complete quotes so that we can see what he really said.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies