Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2009, 03:24 PM

539 posts, read 699,999 times

Advertisements

"Women seeking an abortion must be told that the procedure ends a human life, a federal judge ruled Thursday, upholding part of a South Dakota law.
U.S. District Judge Karen Schreier said doctors must disclose to pregnant women that “the abortion will terminate the life of a whole, separate, unique, living human being.”

human baby at 10 weeks.

http://www.dakotavoice.com/2009/08/j...-a-human-life/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2009, 03:28 PM

968 posts, read 1,038,650 times
So basically the judge ordered doctors to lie to people.

Old 08-23-2009, 03:29 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,569,482 times
Sure. They can say it. It is not like women do not know that.

It is just to try to get them to go through a guilty trip.

Old 08-23-2009, 03:30 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,752,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicWings View Post
"Women seeking an abortion must be told that the procedure ends a human life, a federal judge ruled Thursday, upholding part of a South Dakota law.
U.S. District Judge Karen Schreier said doctors must disclose to pregnant women that “the abortion will terminate the life of a whole, separate, unique, living human being.”

human baby at 10 weeks.

http://www.dakotavoice.com/2009/08/j...-a-human-life/
It should be APPEALED and overturned. When a woman walks in and says she wants an abortion and hands over the cash, that should be the end of the story. Do the abortion without the preaching and the counseling and the waiting period. These are just roadblocks to the absolute fundamental right to abortion on demand.

Old 08-23-2009, 03:56 PM

539 posts, read 699,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
It should be APPEALED and overturned. When a woman walks in and says she wants an abortion and hands over the cash, that should be the end of the story. Do the abortion without the preaching and the counseling and the waiting period. These are just roadblocks to the absolute fundamental right to abortion on demand.

You are more concerned with defending abstract principles of liberty than a human life?

Old 08-23-2009, 04:02 PM

4,011 posts, read 4,424,163 times
Quote:
You are more concerned with defending abstract principles of liberty than a human life?
I'm more concerned about giving a human life control over her own body. The woman is, least we forget, a human life.

Old 08-23-2009, 04:07 PM

37,176 posts, read 19,174,827 times
Quote:
No.

Nothing abstract about it. I am more concerned with the simple civil and human right a woman has to care for her own body as she sees fit. If the government can tell her she has to carry an unwanted fetus to term, they in essence own her and in loco parentis should have to bear all of the costs for medical care, child care, food, clothing , housing, and education.

No man should ever be involved in making this decision for a woman unless she herself asks for his input. Period. Women are plenty smart enough to handle their lives.

Old 08-23-2009, 04:10 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,569,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
No.

Nothing abstract about it. I am more concerned with the simple civil and human right a woman has to care for her own body as she sees fit. If the government can tell her she has to carry an unwanted fetus to term, they in essence own her and in loco parentis should have to bear all of the costs for medical care, child care, food, clothing , housing, and education.

No man should ever be involved in making this decision for a woman unless she herself asks for his input. Period. Women are plenty smart enough to handle their lives.
one million times over. Way to go!

My body. My choice. My right. Pro choice, Pro freedom, Pro America!

Old 08-23-2009, 04:27 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,108,186 times
I have spent my entire adult life standing up for and fighting to protect those for whom, at that point in time, society is offering the least protection. I worked for civil rights, equal rights for women, and currently for health care for all. Because I believe devoutly that a society is defined by how it provides protection for those who are most vulnerable I believe in protecting the unborn. Surely the unborn is the most innocent, most vulnerable, least able to protect themselves, of any group. I do not understand how those who call themselves liberals and who will stand up against the death penalty for murderers will not stand up for and protect an innocent unborn.

Old 08-23-2009, 04:38 PM

4,011 posts, read 4,424,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
I have spent my entire adult life standing up for and fighting to protect those for whom, at that point in time, society is offering the least protection. I worked for civil rights, equal rights for women, and currently for health care for all. Because I believe devoutly that a society is defined by how it provides protection for those who are most vulnerable I believe in protecting the unborn. Surely the unborn is the most innocent, most vulnerable, least able to protect themselves, of any group. I do not understand how those who call themselves liberals and who will stand up against the death penalty for murderers will not stand up for and protect an innocent unborn.
Because we stand for the woman's right to control her own body. We stand for the born.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies