Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2009, 05:04 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,113,256 times

Advertisements

Maybe before ultrasound...and especially 3D and 4D ultrasound....people could convince themselves that it was "just a clump of cells." If anyone believes that now it is just because they must MAKE themselves believe it because I have SEEN the pictures of my grandchildren long before they were born. I've seen pictures of them sucking their thumb, yawning, playing with their fingers. Those type of pictures are easily available for anyone who cares about truth instead of "feel good platitudes" that will give them cover for killing their child.
2D 3D 4D Ultrasound Imaging Center Stork Vision Madison, Wisconsin

At least have the intellectual honesty to LOOK at these pictures of the "the clump of cells" that you would condem as inhuman and not of anymore value than a plant or dog.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2009, 05:07 PM
LML

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleLove08 View Post
You can be a human incubator for all I care but don't tell other women that they need to be one as well.

Life doesn't begin until the fetus is viable outside the body. Before 21 weeks, it isn't viable.

What about the mother's life? Should she have to subject her body to pregnancy to satisfy some rabid right winger who doesn't give a damn about her?

If you're for life, are you for universal health care?

Yes I am for universal health care. Yes I am for programs that provide support for the child after birth. Yes I have worked, volunteered, given money to, and provide real actual help to those who chose life. And if you think I'm some rabid right winger than you have never read a single message I've posted on this forum.

Old 08-23-2009, 05:08 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,222,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
Maybe before ultrasound...and especially 3D and 4D ultrasound....people could convince themselves that it was "just a clump of cells." If anyone believes that now it is just because they must MAKE themselves believe it because I have SEEN the pictures of my grandchildren long before they were born. I've seen pictures of them sucking their thumb, yawning, playing with their fingers. Those type of pictures are easily available for anyone who cares about truth instead of "feel good platitudes" that will give them cover for killing their child.

At least have the intellectual honesty to LOOK at these pictures of the "the clump of cells" that you would condem as inhuman and not of anymore value than a plant or dog.
Most abortions take place before "thumbs" exist.

Old 08-23-2009, 05:09 PM

8,998 posts, read 14,791,063 times
Quote:

YAWN!!
How many weeks old were these "grandchildren"?

Before 21 weeks, it's fair game.

Why are you so intent on forcing people to live by your rules?
If you don't like abortion, don't get one and try to help prevent them from happening.

Where will you be once the low income woman who was forced to give birth to a child she doesn't want has the child? Will you take that child in? Will you be willing to pay more in taxes to keep that child in foster care?

Old 08-23-2009, 05:10 PM

8,998 posts, read 14,791,063 times
Quote:
Yes I am for universal health care. Yes I am for programs that provide support for the child after birth. Yes I have worked, volunteered, given money to, and provide real actual help to those who chose life. And if you think I'm some rabid right winger than you have never read a single message I've posted on this forum.
I've read enough.

Old 08-23-2009, 05:14 PM

19,198 posts, read 31,482,490 times
A woman has a right not to be pregnant. This is the right that Roe upheld. She may not be compelled to be pregnant nor may she be constrained from it. It is her choice. It is nobody else's business or concern but her own.

Old 08-23-2009, 05:14 PM

4,011 posts, read 4,426,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicWings View Post
President Clinton appointed an activist judge?
I was being factious.

Old 08-23-2009, 05:18 PM
LML

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleLove08 View Post
YAWN!!
How many weeks old were these "grandchildren"?

Before 21 weeks, it's fair game.

Why are you so intent on forcing people to live by your rules?
If you don't like abortion, don't get one and try to help prevent them from happening.

Where will you be once the low income woman who was forced to give birth to a child she doesn't want has the child? Will you take that child in? Will you be willing to pay more in taxes to keep that child in foster care?
People used the same arguements when I marched and fought for civil rights; equality for women, the end to war, hospice care for AIDS sufferers, etc. etc. It was none of my business. I fought for those things because IT WAS RIGHT. It is never right for those with the power to take away the rights of those without the power to protect themselves. That is why I fight for the unborn. Because it is wrong to kill a helpless child. IT IS WRONG. And you have absolutely no idea how much of my life and money I have devoted to helping the children after they are born...and their mothers as well. As old as I am I continue to volunteer both time and money. And yes I've taken in many a little one. As for paying more taxes. Good grief. They've taken my taxes to kill children around the world and our own young people in wars. I'd surely give more taxes to help support children...as you'd know if you'd ever read my many messages on the subject. "What does it profit a man if he gains the whole world and loses his soul?"

Old 08-23-2009, 05:21 PM

4,011 posts, read 4,426,570 times
Quote:
People used the same arguements when I marched and fought for civil rights; equality for women, the end to war, hospice care for AIDS sufferers, etc. etc.
We've been down this road before. If you want equality for women, you must give them the same right to control their own bodies as anyone else. You may disapprove of abortion all you want, but you aren't a feminist unless you support the right of each and every woman to make her own choices about her own body.

Old 08-23-2009, 05:24 PM
LML

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagran View Post
We've been down this road before. If you want equality for women, you must give them the same right to control their own bodies as anyone else. You may disapprove of abortion all you want, but you aren't a feminist unless you support the right of each and every woman to make her own choices about her own body.

I do not give you the right to define me or my feminism. I know that I have done much, much more and paid a much higher price to advance the cause of women than 99% of you who would seek to define me have ever done or paid. HOWEVER, as dear as that cause is to my heart, if I had to choose between relinquishing the title of feminist or supporting the "right" of people to kill helpless babies I will gladly choose the title of lover of life and protector of babies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies