Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-03-2009, 12:26 AM

11,449 posts, read 14,466,505 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sampaguita View Post
Holy Moses!

This is like reading a message-board version of the Jerry Springer show!

It's like you're spraying spittle at your keyboards the way the hatred is spewing forth on this thread. It's sad that even if Obama was actually doing something good, you all would NEVER recognize (or want to) because y'all are so blinded by your hatred.

I hope those of you planning on pulling your children from school are honest about how you feel when you explain to your children why they're missing a day of school. In fact, why don't you print out what you've written here about the President and your fellow citizens so they can understand WHY they shouldn't listen to anything he has to say.

Even at my angriest over GW's lies (WMD's anyone?) I never spilled this much vitriol. Don't you find your hatred exhausting?

Get a grip!
Well said, thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2009, 12:37 AM

4,714 posts, read 8,461,458 times
Hey, I just saw *ProudCapMarine*'s photo on a milk carton! Where'd he go off to? Picking up another FAX from GOP HQ?

Old 09-03-2009, 01:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sampaguita View Post
Holy Moses!

This is like reading a message-board version of the Jerry Springer show!

It's like you're spraying spittle at your keyboards the way the hatred is spewing forth on this thread. It's sad that even if Obama was actually doing something good, you all would NEVER recognize (or want to) because y'all are so blinded by your hatred.

I hope those of you planning on pulling your children from school are honest about how you feel when you explain to your children why they're missing a day of school. In fact, why don't you print out what you've written here about the President and your fellow citizens so they can understand WHY they shouldn't listen to anything he has to say.

Even at my angriest over GW's lies (WMD's anyone?) I never spilled this much vitriol. Don't you find your hatred exhausting?

Get a grip!

IMO, it's literally only a few tenths of 1 percent of the US populace has the same hardcore retrograde conservative ideas as those shown on this board.

Old 09-03-2009, 01:49 AM

11,449 posts, read 14,466,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParkTwain View Post
IMO, it's literally only a few tenths of 1 percent of the US populace has the same hardcore retrograde conservative ideas as those shown on this board.
I'd agree with that assessment. The internet has been successful in drawing out the fringe society. Unfortunately it has also been successful in bringing people into the fold.

Old 09-03-2009, 01:54 AM

13,815 posts, read 29,392,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
I'd agree with that assessment. The internet has been successful in drawing out the fringe society. Unfortunately it has also been successful in bringing people into the fold.
truer words have never been spoken, from the master...

Old 09-03-2009, 02:28 AM

14,100 posts, read 28,530,849 times
http://www.ed.gov/teachers/how/lessons/prek-6.pdf
Pay close attention to page two for "after the speech".

Old 09-03-2009, 02:32 AM

What do you think the president wants us to do?
Does the speech make you want to do anything?
Are we able to do what the president is asking of us?
or how about these things from "during the speech"
What is the president asking me to do?

Keep in mind that this is for preK-6th grade

Old 09-03-2009, 02:35 AM

http://www.ed.gov/teachers/how/lessons/7-12.pdf
This one reads like a market survey except that this is a captive audience for his sales pitch. As I read the above, it reminded me of surveys I use to take regarding product advertisement, design, etc. This is like a focus group survey!

Old 09-03-2009, 02:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
http://www.ed.gov/teachers/how/lessons/prek-6.pdf
Pay close attention to page two for "after the speech".

Oooh, you're right, it's very sinister.

Old 09-03-2009, 02:43 AM

3,644 posts, read 10,940,609 times
"Write letters to themselves about what they can do to help the president"

Sinister? Maybe not. Self-serving? Yes. Appropriate to ask of a 6 year old captive audience? Absolutely NOT.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies