Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2009, 09:32 AM

10,655 posts, read 18,665,293 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertGibbs View Post
There is nothing wrong with doing these things and they should be ongoing before and after 9-11. But to change the entire thing is going a bit far, what's next, no more veterans day or memorial day either?
9-11 is not a Federal Holiday, and what exactly has been changed?

A DAY OF SERVICE AND REMEMBRANCE.

Help not hate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2009, 09:32 AM

1,878 posts, read 2,064,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
So says you.

There are people severely in need here.

If it bothers you than don't participate, I can't see how anyone is against helping out your fellow Americans on such a day.
nobody is against helping anyone, but to change the day entirely to 1 day of service doesn't really help much. Like I said, this should be ongoing 365 days a year, not just 1 day. What about the other 364 days?

Old 09-07-2009, 09:34 AM

Quote:
9-11 is not a Federal Holiday, and what exactly has been changed?

A DAY OF SERVICE AND REMEMBRANCE.

Help not hate.
I do my share of helping. Probably as much if not more than most. The only people hating are the liberals. It's their mantra.

Old 09-07-2009, 09:35 AM

Quote:
nobody is against helping anyone, but to change the day entirely to 1 day of service doesn't really help much. Like I said, this should be ongoing 365 days a year, not just 1 day. What about the other 364 days?
Sometimes all it takes is a push to get people to volunteer - just like the AVON breast cancer walk.

It's a fantastic idea and something a lot of people have been working very hard to accomplish for years.

The day has NOT been "changed" to entirely 1 day of service.

Again: A DAY OF SERVICE AND REMEMBRANCE

Help others in honor of those who lost their lives on 9-11 - our loved ones would appreciate that a million times more than using their deaths for HATE.

Old 09-07-2009, 09:37 AM

Quote:
I do my share of helping. Probably as much if not more than most. The only people hating are the liberals. It's their mantra.
Way to go, you've politicized 9-11 to fit your political agenda of lib vs. con.

Just disgusting.

This LIB was down there for a week after the attacks handing out water, just full of hate I am, right? I'll be at services half the day, and then volunteering with Meals on Wheels.

What will you be doing? Sitting on your high horse making fun of the people volunteering?

You should take a visit to NY and share those views. Tell those people that really need the help that it's not worth it.

6,734 posts, read 9,342,697 times
Didn't President GW Bush call for the same thing?

Quote:
Sometimes all it takes is a push to get people to volunteer - just like the AVON breast cancer walk.

It's a fantastic idea and something a lot of people have been working very hard to accomplish for years.

The day has NOT been "changed" to entirely 1 day of service.

Again: A DAY OF SERVICE AND REMEMBRANCE

Help others in honor of those who lost their lives on 9-11 - our loved ones would appreciate that a million times more than using their deaths for HATE.
You really need to get off the angry hatred kick. Nobody is using that day to hate anyone. Only in your mind they are.

Old 09-07-2009, 09:40 AM

If anyone cares to participate by volunteering on 9/11, there are many organizations that could use your help. A good starting point is:

911DayOfService.org | Home

This is run by MyGoodDeed and New York Cares. MyGoodDeed is an organization created by families and friend of 9/11 victims.

Old 09-07-2009, 10:23 AM

38,643 posts, read 26,384,037 times
Quote:
Way to go, you've politicized 9-11 to fit your political agenda of lib vs. con.

Just disgusting.

This LIB was down there for a week after the attacks handing out water, just full of hate I am, right? I'll be at services half the day, and then volunteering with Meals on Wheels.

What will you be doing? Sitting on your high horse making fun of the people volunteering?

You should take a visit to NY and share those views. Tell those people that really need the help that it's not worth it.

It wasn't conservatives that hi-jacked this day of national mourning and rememberance to promote the left's agenda. That was liberals, and it's revolting. It seems BO is incapable of seeing the people for whom he works as anything but servants to be organized and sent to do his desires. Everything is always about him and his megalomanic world view, even 9/11.

Old 09-07-2009, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
It wasn't conservatives that hi-jacked this day of national mourning and rememberance to promote the left's agenda. That was liberals, and it's revolting. It seems BO is incapable of seeing the people for whom he works as anything but servants to be organized and sent to do his desires. Everything is always about him and his megalomanic world view, even 9/11.
This is not a liberal vs. conservative thing.

The families and friends of 9/11 victims are the ones who have been pushing for this since 2002
, but you apparently think their opinions on the matter don't count. If you did a little research, you'd find out that this has been in the works for years.

The goal is for the 10th anniversary of 9/11 to become the largest day of volunteerism in history - the purpose is to bring something positive and good out of their untimely deaths.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies