Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-10-2009, 06:15 AM

9,855 posts, read 10,415,085 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Lately I have seen more and more black people who don'y agree with Obama and I feel awful for them. Many Obama supporters blame every one who is against Obama's political views, to be a racist.

I don't care anymore to be called a racist since I know I'm not a racist and it says more about the people saying it...it shows they can't win with normal discussions but have to put a label on a person they disagree with..., but for black people now to be called racists aswell, seems to make their cause to fight racism in the previous years, look all done for nothing if the word is misused by stupid brainless people.
I would call them enlightened and informed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2009, 07:35 AM

5,041 posts, read 6,217,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
How is it "impossible" to like someone but disagree with their policies? What's "impossible" about that?
My comment was sarcasm directed at Alanboy395's statement.

I realize that sarcasm is dangerous in a forum with so many clueless wingnuts - Poe's law and all - sorry I wasn't more clear.

Old 09-10-2009, 07:42 AM

12,200 posts, read 18,378,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endzone View Post
No, it's a fact that blacks score lower on their SATs than whites. Blacks and whites are different--and Jimmy the Greek was right--it's in the Genes. But, I never said blacks are inferior to whites, and I would never say that. And blacks don't score 200 points less on their SATs because they didn't have access to good schools and all that other horsecrap. It's just a fact that they don't quite have as much. But, now you wanna talk about athletic ability and physical ability, we all know about blacks.
It's a fact that we don't quite have as much what?

Old 09-10-2009, 07:58 AM

6,824 posts, read 14,036,923 times
Quote:
Here's a quote from this article below in the link. Are you smart enough to understand what it says?

The Widening Racial Scoring Gap on the SAT College Admissions Test

Now, there are many other web sites that will confirm the same. So you liberals do what you always do when you can't refute the facts--you call Endzone names. Do any of you smart black guys or white liberals want to comment on the information posted in the link? Or do you just want to call me names?

So based on what your saying Asians are smarter than whites and whites are smarter than blacks. What you fail to understand is SAT scores are in line with socio-economic background. The more wealth your parents have the more they instill the importance of education to there children. Those parents are going to be highly educated and expect the same from there kids. The kids are going to go to better schools, take advanced courses and take pre-SAT classes. They simply have higher expectations and more resources than the less wealthy. Show me the people who are the bottom of the economic heap and I will show they people who score lower on education, test, SAT/ACT scores etc. Anyone with a brain larger than a pea would understand this. Your color has nothing to due with your intelligence. Nothing at all. That for the most part is influenced by the socioeconomic climate your were raised in. The son of a doctor on average is going to have a higher score than the son of a coal miner. This debate has been going on for years but know one has produced proof that genetics determines your IQ.

Old 09-10-2009, 08:11 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,159,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grainraiser View Post
So based on what your saying Asians are smarter than whites and whites are smarter than blacks. What you fail to understand is SAT scores are in line with socio-economic background. The more wealth your parents have the more they instill the importance of education to there children. Those parents are going to be highly educated and expect the same from there kids. The kids are going to go to better schools, take advanced courses and take pre-SAT classes. They simply have higher expectations and more resources than the less wealthy. Show me the people who are the bottom of the economic heap and I will show they people who score lower on education, test, SAT/ACT scores etc. Anyone with a brain larger than a pea would understand this. Your color has nothing to due with your intelligence. Nothing at all. That for the most part is influenced by the socioeconomic climate your were raised in. The son of a doctor on average is going to have a higher score than the son of a coal miner. This debate has been going on for years but know one has produced proof that genetics determines your IQ.
so well put - no point trying to explain to the stormfront types though.

Old 09-10-2009, 08:12 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,159,646 times
Quote:
So you liberals do what you always do when you can't refute the facts--you call Endzone names.
Endzone only pawn, in game of life.

Old 09-10-2009, 11:42 AM

5,041 posts, read 6,217,651 times
Still waiting for some evidence from the OP (or anyone else, really).

Please show a comment where someone was deemed a racist just because they disagreed with President Obama.

Hum de dum ....

Old 09-10-2009, 11:53 AM

6,022 posts, read 7,830,455 times
Quote:
If we disagree with Obama we are called racists...what are black people called who disagree with Obama?
thats your problem you think the majority of blacks agree with EVERY SINGLE THING OBAMA SAYS I FOR SURE DONT BUT I DONT HATE HIM LIKE YOU! the fact of the matter alot of you are racist and disagree with him forthe hell of it, not all of you are but many of you are

there was some things with bush i agreed on and some i didnt though i didnt vote for the sucker, i dont hate dude with passion like all these code word using fools hate obama! people like you hate just to hate disagree to disagree just like when obama said something that was widely accepted by experts fox news turns around and laughs at it just because! people get stupider by the day watching that ****.

there are those step and fetch it black conservatives like juan williams who if and when speaks out against certain conservatives gets a talking too and changes his tone hes done it on tv during the last presidential race

Old 09-10-2009, 12:06 PM

140 posts, read 270,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grainraiser View Post
No, you're wrong. Your color has a lot to do with your IQ. IQ isn't a function of money or who is where on financial scale. It's that blacks in general aren't as intelligent as whites and Asians. I'm not saying they're dumb by any means. I'm just saying that isn't their gifting.

Let me ask you this. Are there no white RBs in the NFL because whites didn't have access to good schools and good coaches and good training rooms? Did blacks just have a lot more of that and that's why blacks are so much better?

Old 09-10-2009, 12:13 PM

13,448 posts, read 15,484,806 times
Quote:
No, you're wrong. Your color has a lot to do with your IQ. IQ isn't a function of money or who is where on financial scale. It's that blacks in general aren't as intelligent as whites and Asians. I'm not saying they're dumb by any means. I'm just saying that isn't their gifting.

Let me ask you this. Are there no white RBs in the NFL because whites didn't have access to good schools and good coaches and good training rooms? Did blacks just have a lot more of that and that's why blacks are so much better?
Oh here we go again with the eugenics/gene crap about the races. Blacks are good at sports but not anything else, Asians are inherently good in science and math, etc. Frankly, I don't really give a s*** about the links you pull. Anyone can find a link to support their "argument" if they google. Obama is half Black, his wife is 100%, and both went to top tier schools and probably scored pretty well on the standardized tests. He is the President of the United States, not a running back or basketball player. My firm is bringing in several black candidates from top Ivy league schools and they have good test scores, but suck at sports. With your argument, their color is some sort of a handicap, but I can tell you simply by looking at transcripts that is not true.

Also, socio-economics plays a BIG part in performance on standardized tests. You'd probably live in an exemplary school district, or go to private school, both of which prepare you better for college and "cram" for tests than say, a school in el barrio or the ghetto. Nothing to do with color. Blacks who live in middle or upper middle class schools perform on par (with negligable difference) with their white counterparts. This is shown by the reports issued from my local ISD. So please, take your weary argument about Black inferiority (which no matter how much you mask it is where you're getting at) and stick it where the sun doesn't shine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies