Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2009, 04:39 AM

11,259 posts, read 11,028,294 times

Advertisements

As a Criminal Justice major, I find many of the statistics I come across quite alarming. This one is by far the most interesting. If you follow the link, no matter what region of the U.S. you click on, Hispanic fugitives dominate the list. Why is this? Narcotics are the #1 threat to our way of life in this country. Their existence propels violence and disfunction. Yet we give these individuals virtually unlimited immunity to run these drugs into our country via our pathetic immigration policies and lack of Border Patrol efficiency. Then when they feel the heat, they flee back to Mexico until they feel safe to start up again. WAKE UP PEOPLE - THESE INDIVIDUALS LAUGH AT OUR LAWS. THEY LAUGH AT OUR SYSTEM. YOUR TAXPAYER DOLLARS ARE SUPPORTING THEM. I challenge anyone to find me a legitimate "most wanted" list that is less diverse in culture. It does not exist. HOW CAN WE AS A COUNTRY SEND A MESSAGE TO THE CURRENT ADMINISTRATION LETTING THEM KNOW WE ARE NOT O.K. WITH THIS?

DEA - Most Wanted - DEA's Most Wanted Fugitives (http://www.usdoj.gov/dea/fugitives/fuglist.htm - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2009, 05:03 AM

5,232 posts, read 8,416,920 times
What makes you think the admin cares what we think? He was elected by these same groups to a large extent.

That said drugs arent the issue. The crime created by their prohibition is. Legalize them & it goes away for the most part.
There will still be addicts just like theres still drunks. But a druggie passed out in the gutter is better than drug gangs committing murder & waring over turf.

Old 09-12-2009, 05:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Knocker View Post
What makes you think the admin cares what we think? He was elected by these same groups to a large extent.

That said drugs arent the issue. The crime created by their prohibition is. Legalize them & it goes away for the most part.
There will still be addicts just like theres still drunks. But a druggie passed out in the gutter is better than drug gangs committing murder & waring over turf.
When you say "these same groups" it sounds like you are referring to ALL hispanics. That's not what I am pushing. I am willing to bet that the majority of the individuals on these lists, if not all, have never voted in their lives.

Old 09-12-2009, 06:52 AM

5,232 posts, read 8,416,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
When you say "these same groups" it sounds like you are referring to ALL hispanics. That's not what I am pushing. I am willing to bet that the majority of the individuals on these lists, if not all, have never voted in their lives.

Maybe not. But I'm willing to bet that many people who happen to be minorities of one sort or another voted in this election who had never voted before in their lives. My point being that if Obama shows any inkling towards focusing on Hispanics or other minorities in a negative way he will lose many votes in 2012.

After all, racial profiling is wrong isn't it? Cant focus on middle eastern Muslims to fight terrorism, cant focus on Latino's to fight illegal immigration, how can he focus on Hispanics to fight illegal drugs even if its obvious thats how most of them get here?

A conservative would be hard pressed to do it, let alone an admin that was elected mostly by minorities & those who sympathize with their largely imaginary plight.

Our country suffers greatly under the yoke of spinless PC liberal politicians.

Old 09-12-2009, 07:08 AM

[quote=Tin Knocker;10722420]Maybe not. But I'm willing to bet that many people who happen to be minorities of one sort or another voted in this election who had never voted before in their lives. My point being that if Obama shows any inkling towards focusing on Hispanics or other minorities in a negative way he will lose many votes in 2012.

I do agree with you entirely on the vote issue. A large number of people view Obama's presidency as the ultimate meal ticket. But I do believe there are ways to cut back on the narco-traffiking without losing the minority vote. It will take the full cooperation & participation of the Mexican government. The U.S. can crack down in certain areas without destroying our relationship with the country. Only since Obama got in office has the U.S. given a damn what countries it offends.

Old 09-12-2009, 08:22 AM

23,601 posts, read 70,425,146 times
"WAKE UP PEOPLE - THESE INDIVIDUALS LAUGH AT OUR LAWS. THEY LAUGH AT OUR SYSTEM."

Ah, the old "Treasure of the Sierra Madre" version of Mexican banditos. "Badges? Badges? We don need no steenkin badges, we are the Federales!" We laugh at your laws. We laugh at your seestem.
Right. Good call. None of our homegrown criminals laugh at our laws. None of them laugh at the system.

"YOUR TAXPAYER DOLLARS ARE SUPPORTING THEM."

Let me get this straight. You think that drug dealers - who make millions of dollars by selling drugs - are being "supported" by our taxpayer dollars??? Are you on drugs? That makes NO sense.

Shall we consider for a minute that cocaine comes from a plant grown in an area of the world that happens to be Hispanic? Shall we consider that the history of U.S. and European corporations and leadership decimated the economies of many of those areas? Shall we consider that many people in the U.S. have a desire to buy drugs that come from this area? If we decimated Norway and cod liver oil was declared an illegal drug, would you be surprised to find that the smugglers and suppliers were Scandinavians?

Are the Mexican gangs a problem? Absolutely. Even more of a problem is the corruption of the Mexican police and system that allows them to exist. It would be nice to twist arms and embargo Mexican made goods in the U.S., but that would only increase the desperation and give China greater inroads into the country. Real solutions to problems take a lot of consideration. The Maginot Line in France points that out pretty clearly.

Old 09-12-2009, 08:28 AM

40,951 posts, read 49,198,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Knocker View Post
That said drugs aren't the issue. The crime created by their prohibition is. Legalize them & it goes away for the most part.
Tin Man I'm with you. Recreational drugs should be sold & taxed down at the local Drug / Liquor store to consenting adults who are now picking it up from their local underground dealer.

Want to buy drugs on the streets ? Just ask any 10th grader where to buy them, it's easier to find than buying a 6 pack of beer.We would eliminate 80% of the crime in the US since demand will not ever be reduced.

Prohibition does nothing but create crime families.

Old 09-12-2009, 08:46 AM

Let me get this straight. You think that drug dealers - who make millions of dollars by selling drugs - are being "supported" by our taxpayer dollars??? Are you on drugs? That makes NO sense.

To clarify: I was not implying that the tax money goes to the drug traffikers. I was stating that much goes to welfare programs that support illegal immigrants once they're here, and that gives the traffikers more of a foothold in our soceity.

Old 09-12-2009, 08:56 AM

18,161 posts, read 15,632,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Tin Man I'm with you. Recreational drugs should be sold & taxed down at the local Drug / Liquor store to consenting adults who are now picking it up from their local underground dealer.

Want to buy drugs on the streets ? Just ask any 10th grader where to buy them, it's easier to find than buying a 6 pack of beer.We would eliminate 80% of the crime in the US since demand will not ever be reduced.

Prohibition does nothing but create crime families.
Now Now,you can't legalize all that tax free cash flowing into corrupt officials pockets . If they don't get their 'gratuity' how are they going to buy that new fishing boat? Lol legalizing 'street' drugs seems like such a common sense solution. Because it is, to us. The problem is not just with the drug runners and dealers, top government officials all the way down to beat cops being on their payroll,on both sides of the border, is just as much of a problem. The latter don't want to see drugs legal any more than the dealers. It's tax free CASH. And lots of it.

Old 09-12-2009, 09:02 AM

7,085 posts, read 12,057,017 times
You are out of your mind if you think tax dollars are supporting drug lords, get out of the conspiracy nut toilet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies