Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2009, 09:07 AM

487 posts, read 636,918 times

Advertisements

Charles Darwin film 'too controversial for religious America' - Telegraph

Creation, starring Paul Bettany, details Darwin's "struggle between faith and reason" as he wrote On The Origin of Species. It depicts him as a man who loses faith in God following the death of his beloved 10-year-old daughter, Annie.
The film was chosen to open the Toronto Film Festival and has its British premiere on Sunday. It has been sold in almost every territory around the world, from Australia to Scandinavia.
[Mod edited for copyright]

Last edited by TnHilltopper; 09-13-2009 at 11:33 AM.. Reason: copyright
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2009, 09:18 AM

5,160 posts, read 9,176,343 times
It is my strong belief that America will progress a lot faster as soon as we drop religion, which is just a method of protecting and justifying anti-intellectualism.

Old 09-13-2009, 09:23 AM

27,623 posts, read 21,143,309 times
What are they afraid of? That their offspring will be "indoctrinated" into the evolution gestapo? What an ass backwards nation we have morphed into.

Old 09-13-2009, 09:24 AM

19,226 posts, read 15,332,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haaziq View Post
It is my strong belief that America will progress a lot faster as soon as we drop religion, which is just a method of protecting and justifying anti-intellectualism.
That part of the brain that works cognitive reason has been pretty much mapped and and laid out.

I hope it's not long before scientists are able to map the areas having to do with religious belief.

My theory is that the two areas are the same, but in one case, the area has sustained organic damage.

Old 09-13-2009, 09:31 AM

4,792 posts, read 5,905,407 times
I believe in creative energy, and the evolution of that energy. I can't adopt anyone elses perspective on the matter. Christians don't have to see the film. It's just another perspective from the buffet.

Old 09-13-2009, 09:41 AM

14,247 posts, read 17,932,953 times
This is just another example of the religious agenda being used to stifle debate and the views of others. Organized religion is fundamentally intolerant and bigoted.

Old 09-13-2009, 09:42 AM

27,623 posts, read 21,143,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IlikeCheese! View Post
i am makin sines to go out a protest this film. its my rite to practise christianity and you cant step on it. WERE NOT LETTIN NOBODY. Big Goverment HUSSANE OBAMA you better get your athiest views and get out! WERE BRIGIN GOD BACK TO THIS COUNTRY!
This is tongue in cheek, right? I certainly hope so!

Old 09-13-2009, 09:43 AM

14,247 posts, read 17,932,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IlikeCheese! View Post
i am makin sines to go out a protest this film. its my rite to practise christianity and you cant step on it. WERE NOT LETTIN NOBODY. Big Goverment HUSSANE OBAMA you better get your athiest views and get out! WERE BRIGIN GOD BACK TO THIS COUNTRY!
I hope this is a wind up

Old 09-13-2009, 09:47 AM

38,647 posts, read 26,402,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dusk99 View Post
Charles Darwin film 'too controversial for religious America' - Telegraph

Creation, starring Paul Bettany, details Darwin's "struggle between faith and reason" as he wrote On The Origin of Species. It depicts him as a man who loses faith in God following the death of his beloved 10-year-old daughter, Annie.
The film was chosen to open the Toronto Film Festival and has its British premiere on Sunday. It has been sold in almost every territory around the world, from Australia to Scandinavia. [Mod edited for copyright]

Creationism and Evolution are not necessarily mutually exclusive. When one believes in a creator of life, numerous methods are available for creating and developing life that may, or may not, involve the creator after the initial jump to biological life. When one denies the possibility of a creator existing, the option can only be Evolution, but with a very limited set of possibilities for its initial jump to life and further development that can only occur through random mutation and natural selection. The problem for those who promote Evolution, as presented in our public schools, is selling what is actually thinly veiled Atheism as scientific fact. To exclude the possibility of a creator being involved in the development of life on Earth is not based on science but a conclusion before the facts. This sort of Evolutionary science has become our quasi state religion of Atheism based not in fact, but need.

Last edited by TnHilltopper; 09-13-2009 at 11:34 AM..

Old 09-13-2009, 09:48 AM

2,661 posts, read 2,905,303 times
Same people probably try to deny gravity.
No wonder having discussions about science on a message board is useless.

I ran into one of these non-evolution people the other day and I couldn't believe it.
I didn't know there were people who deny evolution.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies